DS Lite vs. DSi screen comparison

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Xan0906, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Xan0906
    OP

Xan0906 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2014
    Antarctica
    Seems to be hard to find proper comparisons on this. For example, in the video "Playing DS Games On The Nintendo 3DS" on Youtube (can't seem to post links) the colors are off at least on the DSi XL, but I want to know how the regular DSi screen compares.

I'm interested in: colors/contrast, viewing angles and prevalence of dead pixels on the DSi (non-XL) screen compared to the Lite. Any owners with some experience on this?

2. tofast4u

tofast4u GBAtemp Fan

Dec 2, 2012
    United States
    I think the DSi really had the best screen at of all the DS's. It was bigger than the DS Lites, not by much but still bigger. To me it was always much more clear than my DSi XL screen was. I think the DSi's screen also has a brighter level than the DS lites, not sure about that one though.

3. Ulieq

Ulieq GBAtemp Fan

Jan 14, 2014
    United States
    Los Angeles, California
    May not be helpful to you but
    dsi xl vs. 3ds xl for ds games

screen-- dsi is brighter, sharper, and has better colors for ds games
    sound-- dsi is much louder, no comparison.
    gameplay -- dsi has a far better d button placement, and the buttons click.
    weight -- dsi xl is lighter, especially the top screen, making it much easier to hold and balance.

4. BORTZ

BORTZ "Another stunning Van Gogh"

Supervisor
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    The DSi is just a bit bigger, not a sharp but I do think it is better than the lite.