Hacking DS Lite Upgrade Confusion...

What should I do regarding my DS situation?

• Keep my current setup of a flashed blue NDS with 512mb CF M3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell my DS, get a new DS Lite, flash and continue to use the M3 (which would look horrible in a Lite

• Sell my DS with all equipment (M3 adapter, Passkey2, 512mb CF card), flash my DS and get a G6 Lite i

• Total voters

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
I'm really not sure what to do about the whole DS Lite thing right now, I'm not too bothered about the looks (yeah the DS Lite is gorgeous and the old DS is ugly, but either way any non gamer will think you're a geek for playing one) but the improved screen seems like an instant winner to me!

I've got one question though which I'd like to get out of the way first: what's the DS Lite like regarding battery life?

Thanks guys!

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Damn, there's no way to add another option to the poll so I'll just say it here.

I'm also tempted just to sell my current kit and then buy all of the games I want from now on, is there a listing of all of the good DS games coming out in the future? The only ones I can really think of that I'd want are Zelda, Tales of Destiny and Starfox which I'd buy anyway, so the idea of getting a DS Lite and ditching the M3 all together may not be a bad one.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Selling your original DS is not an easy feet anymore now that the DS Lite has been released and Nintendo is marketting that unit like mad. What I can say, is that you sell all your equipment in one big go. Then you shouldn't have to pay too much to get a G6 Lite and DS Lite (Which I'm doing BTW)

SkuiD87

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the?! Well Done to your friend for getting that much! Mine is in average condition too, though I don't think I'd get nowhere near that amount.

If I can't sell my old DS before this Friday, I'll trade it in when I pick up my pre-ordered DS Lite. GAME offer the DS Lite for £60 if you trade in your old one. So you basically get £40 for your old DS. Not brilliant but if I can't get more for it before then, I'll just have to trade it in.

Do you guys think I should un-flash it before giving it in? Or should I just flash it with the stealth version and give the guy that buys it 2nd hand a nice surprise?
tongue.gif

I'd trade in my entire kit if I were you. M3 CF will NOT look pretty on a DSL! Dunno how much you'd get for it all...but hopefully it will be a decent enough contribution to your new kit!

kouphax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone got a shot of a DS Lite with an M3 (CF Version) sticking out?

I mean for Stylus only games i find the card as a great handle while playing! I really don;t see a major issue if it's just a centimeter or so more (if it is that?). And really i've lived with the bulky unaesthetically pleasing DS for long enough a card sticking out of a DS Lite isn't really gonna phase me.

James.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Was ordering my DS lite today and was talking to the guy in the shop. He was telling me after he'd sold his last DS he was just getting in all DS lites. He also said he would not be taking in the normal DSs as trade as he tends to get stuck with loads of them. Sometimes stores like Game will have special offers on and may give you £40 or something like that towards a DS lite.

kouphax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Was ordering my DS lite today and was talking to the guy in the shop. He was telling me after he'd sold his last DS he was just getting in all DS lites. He also said he would not be taking in the normal DSs as trade as he tends to get stuck with loads of them. Sometimes stores like Game will have special offers on and may give you £40 or something like that towards a DS lite.

Yeah GAME are doing their trade-in offer they always do when new hardware is released, £40/€50 off a DS Lite when you trade in you original DS. Not a bad deal, though if you could be arsed you could do the extra leg work youself and sell it in a newspaper/ebay for a bit more (or alot more if you lucky).

I know a few people in GAME and managed to return my DS fully boxed excellent condition fora full exchange ona DS Lite deposit.... can't complain about that. But then when you spent 2 years of your life working there you'd expect some perks!

James.

Brouhaha

Trophies
Website
spaces.msn.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, the Lite is REALLY worth it. Even more so if you play on a daily basis. The screen contrast and brightness, as mentionned a zillion times already, is like night and day when compared to the original model. It is also smaller, which I find very important.

I made the huge mistake of comparing the two at work with collegues... Now I can't sell my old model to them, they all want the Lite!
cry.gif

EDIT: Totally agree with the poster above. Go to a gameshop and compare the two. Then make a decision! Anyway, all your Lites are belong to black market
rofl2.gif

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
why do you need a poll to help you make a simple decision like buying a ds lite or not?
Becuase I'm not sure that attempting to sell my current kit, backing up all of my saves and transfering them onto a new console, along with all of my friend codes is such a simple task
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet