DS Lite Upgrade Confusion...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by blizeH, Jun 19, 2006.

?

What should I do regarding my DS situation?

1. Keep my current setup of a flashed blue NDS with 512mb CF M3.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sell my DS, get a new DS Lite, flash and continue to use the M3 (which would look horrible in a Lite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Sell my DS with all equipment (M3 adapter, Passkey2, 512mb CF card), flash my DS and get a G6 Lite i

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jun 19, 2006

DS Lite Upgrade Confusion... by blizeH at 5:48 PM (2,194 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. blizeH
    OP

Member blizeH GBAtemp Fan

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    I'm really not sure what to do about the whole DS Lite thing right now, I'm not too bothered about the looks (yeah the DS Lite is gorgeous and the old DS is ugly, but either way any non gamer will think you're a geek for playing one) but the improved screen seems like an instant winner to me!

I've got one question though which I'd like to get out of the way first: what's the DS Lite like regarding battery life?

Thanks guys!

2. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Damn, there's no way to add another option to the poll so I'll just say it here.

I'm also tempted just to sell my current kit and then buy all of the games I want from now on, is there a listing of all of the good DS games coming out in the future? The only ones I can really think of that I'd want are Zelda, Tales of Destiny and Starfox which I'd buy anyway, so the idea of getting a DS Lite and ditching the M3 all together may not be a bad one.

3. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the feedback guys, realistically how much do you think my current equipment is worth? (in GBP!)

4. 5uck3rpunch

Member 5uck3rpunch Surf Monster!

Featured Posts:
    United States
    Not much. We're all in the same boat...wanting to sell our phat DS's. Better off giving it to someone you like to let them enjoy it.

5. Renegade_R

Member Renegade_R Audio/Video Expert

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Selling your original DS is not an easy feet anymore now that the DS Lite has been released and Nintendo is marketting that unit like mad. What I can say, is that you sell all your equipment in one big go. Then you shouldn't have to pay too much to get a G6 Lite and DS Lite (Which I'm doing BTW)

6. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    My friend just sold his average condition DS for £71 and £7 postage on eBay, how he managed that I'll never know!

7. SkuiD87

Member SkuiD87 GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    What the?! Well Done to your friend for getting that much! Mine is in average condition too, though I don't think I'd get nowhere near that amount.

If I can't sell my old DS before this Friday, I'll trade it in when I pick up my pre-ordered DS Lite. GAME offer the DS Lite for £60 if you trade in your old one. So you basically get £40 for your old DS. Not brilliant but if I can't get more for it before then, I'll just have to trade it in.

Do you guys think I should un-flash it before giving it in? Or should I just flash it with the stealth version and give the guy that buys it 2nd hand a nice surprise? [​IMG]

I'd trade in my entire kit if I were you. M3 CF will NOT look pretty on a DSL! Dunno how much you'd get for it all...but hopefully it will be a decent enough contribution to your new kit!

8. kouphax

Newcomer kouphax Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Ireland
    Has anyone got a shot of a DS Lite with an M3 (CF Version) sticking out?

I mean for Stylus only games i find the card as a great handle while playing! I really don;t see a major issue if it's just a centimeter or so more (if it is that?). And really i've lived with the bulky unaesthetically pleasing DS for long enough a card sticking out of a DS Lite isn't really gonna phase me.

James.

9. adgloride

Member adgloride Its A Wii Wario

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Was ordering my DS lite today and was talking to the guy in the shop. He was telling me after he'd sold his last DS he was just getting in all DS lites. He also said he would not be taking in the normal DSs as trade as he tends to get stuck with loads of them. Sometimes stores like Game will have special offers on and may give you £40 or something like that towards a DS lite.

10. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    What's the DS Lite like in sunlight?

11. kouphax

Newcomer kouphax Newbie

Featured Posts:
    Ireland

Yeah GAME are doing their trade-in offer they always do when new hardware is released, £40/€50 off a DS Lite when you trade in you original DS. Not a bad deal, though if you could be arsed you could do the extra leg work youself and sell it in a newspaper/ebay for a bit more (or alot more if you lucky).

I know a few people in GAME and managed to return my DS fully boxed excellent condition fora full exchange ona DS Lite deposit.... can't complain about that. But then when you spent 2 years of your life working there you'd expect some perks!

James.

12. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Wow, only two votes for the option I'm currently considering.

Is a DS Lite really worth it?

13. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

Featured Posts:
    United States
    why do you need a poll to help you make a simple decision like buying a ds lite or not?

14. Brouhaha

Member Brouhaha GBAtemp Regular

Featured Posts:
    Canada
    Yes, the Lite is REALLY worth it. Even more so if you play on a daily basis. The screen contrast and brightness, as mentionned a zillion times already, is like night and day when compared to the original model. It is also smaller, which I find very important.

I made the huge mistake of comparing the two at work with collegues... Now I can't sell my old model to them, they all want the Lite! [​IMG]

EDIT: Totally agree with the poster above. Go to a gameshop and compare the two. Then make a decision! Anyway, all your Lites are belong to black market [​IMG]

15. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Becuase I'm not sure that attempting to sell my current kit, backing up all of my saves and transfering them onto a new console, along with all of my friend codes is such a simple task [​IMG]

16. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    Is there a listing anywhere of all of the decent games coming out for the DS?

17. blizeH
    OP

Featured Posts:
    United Kingdom
    And how many years do we think it'll be until Nintendo's next console is launched? [​IMG]