Gaming DS Lite power button stopped working, what can be done?

boomerang42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The power button on my DS Lite was unreliable for a while (would have to slide it several times to turn the DS on/off) but now it won't work at all. I don't know what to do now.

Can you send a DS Lite into Nintendo to get something like that fixed? Would they send back the same DS, or would it be a refurbished DS (the screens are in perfect condition and the touch screen has a protector on it which would be almost impossible to find a replacement for anymore)?

Would Gamestop repair something like this? That's the only thing around here I can think of that maybe would do something like that. I'm not certain if Gamestop even does repairs as I've never had to have a console repaired before, but think I've heard that they do them.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't recommend sending it for repair to places like Nintendo or Gamestop if the system is in such good condition and you care about it. If you are able to open the DS yourself, you should try cleaning the power switch with some alcohol. It's not hard to take off the back, you just need the right screwdriver for it.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+DS+Lite+Power+Switch+Replacement/1942
(This guide only mentions the plastic part of the power switch, you should clean the electronic part on the motherboard.)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Amez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the UK there was a guy who was selling use but working Nintendo DS Lite motherboards for £6 on eBay last year,

I would suggest seeing if you can find a cheap second hand motherboard in your country, if you can't find any, my next suggestion would be buy a faulty complete console, in the UK they go for about £8-£10... the ones to buy would be the ones that either have a broken hinge or just have dead pixels on the top screen (so the seller will know if there are any other faults)

It takes about 10 minutes to replace the motherboard if you already have the tools necessary, there are guides online with videos and photos etc.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya