Gaming DS Lite not booting up

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I just got my friend's DS Lite to try to fix. The problem is that as soon as I turn it on, the screen becomes white for less then 1 second and turns off suddenly (green light also turns off)

So basically, I cannot turn it on. What can I do?

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Option 1 Needs new battery(about 20 bucks for an offical one if you buy from nintendo).

Option 2 Blew a fuse,no clue how you would go about doing this cept for sending it to nintendo for a repair.

Option 3 (if they use a flash card) could of downloaded a bad file that wipes the firmware.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since both screens light up for a sec before shutting down, we know for certain F1 and F2 fuse are NOT blown (cause screens receive electricity, meaning circuit is complete). So your friend DS Lite does not have a blown fuse. We can also deduce that battery is working fine.

This leads to even more serious problem, possibly firmware corruption, hardware issue, etc.

Does that DS Lite boot without anything in slot 1 or slot 2? If it still cannot boot without anything in either slot, then there is nothing you can do other than send it in for a repair.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Put your DS in a warm place for a while (though make sure it doesn't overheat). The reason why it keeps turning off is because there's water inside it, and putting it in a warm place will get rid of the water in the console. You can apparently also do this by putting it in a bag of rice, but I haven't tried that yet myself so I wouldn't know if it actually works as well as the warm place method.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
If the above doesn't work, (an airing cupboard Is a good place for it) upload the contents of your card to mediafire so we can see if their are any ds viruses on it.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Put your DS in a warm place for a while (though make sure it doesn't overheat). The reason why it keeps turning off is because there's water inside it, and putting it in a warm place will get rid of the water in the console. You can apparently also do this by putting it in a bag of rice, but I haven't tried that yet myself so I wouldn't know if it actually works as well as the warm place method.
I would second the bag of rice method. It kinda pulls posture from the system. Ive heard that works wonders on phones and other electronics that have been submerged in water.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Sephxus said:
That usually happens when one of the screens is not properly connected. You may need to replace the faulty one.
I second this. This happened with my original DS Phat. Although, it was apparent in my case--the top screen came all the way off eventually. Hopefully this isn't the case here.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sephxus said:
That usually happens when one of the screens is not properly connected. You may need to replace the faulty one.
This is my thought too. You said "the screen" implying only one of the screens turns white for an instant rather than both. This usually means the screen that does not turn white for the instant is the faulty/improperly connected screen.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If it is indeed that your friend has run a bricker on his DS (which is unlikely unless he tries to pirate ROMs off dodgy sites, as the brickers are hard to find on the internet AFAIK), then the only way to fix it is to dismantle his and another DS Lite, start FlashMe on the working DS Lite, switch the BIOS chips between the DS Lites and finish running FlashMe, then switch the BIOS chips back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass