Gaming DS Lite freezing up with R4 + 2gb

wrsg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the latest WoodR4 (1.62), is there a known problem with this firmware because I have tried 2 separate games now and with both the system boots up fine and the game loads fine, but after roughly 5 minutes into each game, the DS just freezes.

This DS and R4 used to work fine. I haven't used it for a while, but I did update the firmware when I tried it again a few days ago. What version should I try downgrading to?

wrsg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That didn't solve the problem.

Tried a different MicroSD (both formatted to FAT32 in Windows 8.1 and also tried Panasonic SD Formatter 2.0.0.3 with the default settings), same issue.

edit (more info): I'm on the Wood R4 1.62 firmware. Should I downgrade? I've never had this problem on earlier firmwares. Also the DS works fine up to the point where I enter any game. I can leave it in the R4 menu for over 10 minutes and nothing will happen. The point where it crashes is about 20-30 seconds after the ROM is loaded, which indicates to me that the DS and R4 hardware is fine, and the problem is either with the MicroSDs I'm trying or the Wood R4 firmware.

I'm gonna downgrade and see how that goes.

(yes I only just got round to doing this almost a year later :lol:)

edit #2: I think I've figured out the problem here, I had trimmed my ROMs and it doesn't seem like Wood R4 1.62 likes trimmed ROMs. I haven't tested with a lot of games yet but it seems to be working so far on the ones I have tried.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0