1. Portza

OP Portza Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Hi everyone.
    I found a pretty good condition Ds lite on ebay for pretty cheap, only problem is that it doesn't power on. I figured it would just be a fuse, but this was not the case.
    Turns out the L2 inductor was missing altogether. Put a replacement on from a donor board and now whenever the battery is plugged in, the charge light emits. using the power switch does nothing. Plugging in the charger does nothing. Shorting PWSW with ORANGE turns off the LED.

I haven't found anything like this online, so if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

2. IC_

IC_ Go Vegan

Poland
    This is only a guess, but are you sure you installed the replacement part the right way? To me this sounds like something in the circuit is going the wrong way and the battery is getting connected to the charging regulator instead of the main power lines.

3. Portza

OP Portza Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    I really hoped this was the problem but unfortunately it wasn't. Switched the direction like 4 times to no avail. :(

4. IC_

IC_ Go Vegan

Poland
    The only other thing I can suggest is checking for faulty power ICs, but those are not easy to replace. You could just replace the entire motherboard if you mainly care about the good condition of the outer shell and the displays.

5. Portza

OP Portza Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    any experience of replacement motherboards from Aliexpress? I don't know whether they're identical to OEM ones or maybe have some functionality issues

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    I don't think 3rd party DS motherboards exist. The only thing to be concerned about is that the boards might have come from faulty units and been repaired, so you don't know how long it will last, maybe there is some unseen damage. But it's probably not likely, component level repair for the purposes of resale are just not worth it, they probably just buy lots of consoles with broken screens and resell all the usable parts, throwing away anything that's faulty.

Portza likes this.
  7. Amez

Amez Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Have you checked the little water indicator sticker on the motherboard? and the one on the case?

8. Portza

OP Portza Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Yes, no sign of liquid

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - inserted, inserted, battery