DS Lite Bottom screen scratches

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a used white DS Lite for a good price and condition is great, except for a lot of very light scratches on the bottom screen.
I've tried Displex screen polish but had minimal success with that approach.

Would i need to replace the entire bottomscreen or is replacing the digitiser by itself an option?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I got a used white DS Lite for a good price and condition is great, except for a lot of very light scratches on the bottom screen.
I've tried Displex screen polish but had minimal success with that approach.

Would i need to replace the entire bottomscreen or is replacing the digitiser by itself an option?
The resistive touchscreen is made of fairly soft material, and I'm surprised to hear display polish didn't further damage it.
The digitizers are readily available and very cheap. Installation isn't super easy, but manageable.
Be warned, that you are almost guaranteed to get dust between the LCD and the touch panel when replacing the latter.

Good luck and have fun!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As soon as I started playing Elite Beat Agents, I started investing in DS bottom screen protectors, for this exact reason. Don't know where you'd find them nowadays though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.