Ds Lite assembly Help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by jchen, Sep 16, 2008.

Sep 16, 2008

Ds Lite assembly Help! by jchen at 12:27 AM (956 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jchen
    OP

Member jchen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i replaced the conductive pads and when i put my ds back together, it doesnt turn off, i noticed that the volume button has this little piece of plastic thing that goes side to side. My power switch does not have, did i accidently break it? Please help me with this. [​IMG]

2. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    You may have been very lucky... or very unlucky [​IMG]

If the plastic slider is missing, the good news is that the black slider on the actual switch itself is probably intact (it is pretty easy to break...)

Though if you have lost the plastic slider then it isn't that great either...

So you will need to take apart the DS again, then have a look at the switch, there should be a little black slider that can be slid back and forth (it's spring loaded). If this is intact and you can find the slider from the case you can reassemble with all the pieces otherwise you have problems...

3. valyr

Member valyr GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    if you have broken the little plastic tab off the power switch inside your ds you will have to buy a new one and solder it into place

4. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Yeah, if I got it right, you broke your slider, and will have to buy a new one from DX, and solder on the new one.....
    Not so easy to do if you never soldiered, and you might fry your DS, but be careful, and everything will be OK..