Homebrew DS(i) NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

OrangeQ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I recently got Twilight Menu to play some old pokemon games and so far it's good. Then I noticed that sometimes I wouldn't get some sound effects (pokemon stat buff, pokemon attack sounds, pokemon cries, etc). Then I noticed that audio was only playing out of one side of my console. I tried playing the copy of Ultra sun I have and it was playing out of both speakers just fine so the console is fine. I tested a different rom and it originally was working better but then it had the same issues as before. Is it something wrong with twilight menu?

polochamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What is the proper way of deleting/removing a forwarded DS game in the DSi Menu (HiyaCFW)? Does deleting the game folder from the 00030004 folder enough?

GBAGuy007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This doesn't really go with the flow of thread but I would like to code games for the DS and I figured you guys might know how to. I would like to make some 2d games and then eventually an FPS. I have tried guides but they have all deadened with programs I can't find or are only for people who already know how to code. Can someone give me a good starting point please?

Last edited by GBAGuy007,
Reactions: banjo2

whywhy2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For the autobooting process, select the "R4i-SDHC" folder.
For the flashcard loader, download YSMenu here. Do this first, before the autoboot process.

Sorry for bringing this topic again and being late to tell you this, but this flashcart doesn't have timebomb because it has .hk at the end and not .com which is the one that has timebomb.
The worst thing about this flashcart is it will break/becomes unreadable if you put ttmenu.dat when you try to put YSMenu in it, so i suggest you download the kernel with YSMenu from this link here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dont-pu...-your-r4-sdhc-dualcore-www-r4isdhc-hk.546550/ (yeah it's the thread i made last year)
After that, i think you can then proceed to install twilight menu or other things in it but never put file that has ttmenu.dat because it will break the flashcart for some reason.

I say this because i have tried to put YS Menu from RetroGameFan Multi Cart Update to this flashcart before and it just broke the second time i insert it back

Last edited by whywhy2,
Reactions: RocketRobz

dylon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On DSi running Twilight menu++ Tony Hawk American Sk8land rom does not work, screen goes white and freezes when i open it. How can I fix?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on DSi running twilight menu++

Tony Hawk American Sk8land ROM does not load when I open it, screen goes blank and stays that way. How can I fix this? I’ve tried multiple ROMS and versions of the game.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On DSi running Twilight menu++ Tony Hawk American Sk8land rom does not work, screen goes white and freezes when i open it. How can I fix?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

on DSi running twilight menu++

Tony Hawk American Sk8land ROM does not load when I open it, screen goes blank and stays that way. How can I fix this? I’ve tried multiple ROMS and versions of the game.
That's something we fix on our side.

polochamps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What's the proper name for TWiLightMenu's own box art?

Attachments

• IMG_3791.JPG
    IMG_3791.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 189

LucaLuca

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Please help with my dsi xl!

Long story short: Used a 32 gb micro sd to launch the hack and the homebrew( hiya, unlaunch, twilight menu), everything working fine, then backed up the contents to a pc folder beacause I needed the micro sd for other purposes, later I put the content back and it doesn't work anymore( unlaunch does not recognize the micro sd card nor the contents in it).

Whats funny about it is that if I do the same but with a 4gb micro sd, it works. I dont know how to solve it, but 4gb its a very small amount for containing the ds roms I want to play.

Made an account just to post this, otherwise I usually read everything in the forum.

Tried every format and cluster size, also different formatting apps with no luck, Unlaunch does not detect the card

Last edited by LucaLuca,

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am using Twilight Menu on my DSi and I was wondering, is there any way to use cheats on my original games (slot 1) through homebrew? also, is there an application to copy/replace save data between the external memory and the game card? I remember there is one for the 3DS.

Last edited by VanFanel1980mx,

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I am using Twilight Menu on my DSi and I was wondering, is there any way to use cheats on my original games (slot 1) through homebrew?
You can use cheats on Slot-1 with Nitrohax3DS (yes it's called 3DS, but there's a DSi version), the folders are for using with hiyaCFW or just rename the "00000000.app" to something.nds and it'll work with TWiLight
also, is there an application to copy/replace save data between the external memory and the game card? I remember there is one for the 3DS.
Yep, either ndsi-savedumper or GodMode9i (note: GM9i v2.4.0 can't inject saves, so you'll need to use ndsi-savedumper or the latest nightly). ndsi-savedumper should be self explanatory, GM9i you dump them from the drive menu and it dumps to sd:/gm9i/out, then (nightly only) inject by selecing a .sav file and choosing to inject

VanFanel1980mx

Storm Trooper
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You can use cheats on Slot-1 with Nitrohax3DS (yes it's called 3DS, but there's a DSi version), the folders are for using with hiyaCFW or just rename the "00000000.app" to something.nds and it'll work with TWiLight

Yep, either ndsi-savedumper or GodMode9i (note: GM9i v2.4.0 can't inject saves, so you'll need to use ndsi-savedumper or the latest nightly). ndsi-savedumper should be self explanatory, GM9i you dump them from the drive menu and it dumps to sd:/gm9i/out, then (nightly only) inject by selecing a .sav file and choosing to inject
Thanks, this can make my life easier.

Reactions: banjo2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one