Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think untill is found a way to patch (if that is possible) a ds cia acts like a 3ds cia without breaking 3ds mode all that cases are useless. I mean whats the point to run an installed ds game from emunand and brake 3ds mode and then to reinstall the cfw access pointer in order to boot cfw again. The whole process is painfull. It is better to use a ds flashcard from sysnand
Maybe this issue may require the multi emunand stuff? 1 EMUNAND for 3DS, 1 for DS/DSi mode?

If you meant this breaks a9hl, then nevermind. Just wake up may not read thing through well enough.

Last edited by tivu100,

pikatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Maybe this issue may require the multi emunand stuff? 1 EMUNAND for 3DS, 1 for DS/DSi mode?

If you meant this breaks a9hl, then nevermind. Just wake up may not read thing through well enough.

I mean the .nds files you open on a nds flashcard to install e.g. Decrypt9 or rxtools or other cfw boot pointers on a <9.2 sysnand. You have to reinstall them in order to boot to cfw if you try nds mode

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just guessing... with all the control we have over the 3DS, it's still impossible to take control of the Slot-1 on 3DS Mode? 'cause... if we can, then it will be easy to emulate a NDS Flashcart...
Control of Slot-1 in 3DS mode isn't the problem, we have that. How do you think Gateway works?

DS(i) games can't be run in 3DS mode.

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Control of Slot-1 in 3DS mode isn't the problem, we have that. How do you think Gateway works?

DS(i) games can't be run in 3DS mode.
No, that's not the point, but emulating slot 1 we can then patch TWL and open an emulated "DS Flash Cart" in TWL, and far as I know, that's thing of GWTeam, if we have, why no one have added this feature to any CFW? A lot of people wants an "easy" way to launch their games in 3DS format instead of installing them, when I say "emulate" I'm talking about how Wii, PS3 and other systems works, redirecting the reading info to an HDD, or in this case, to the sd card

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... But... I'm still hoping for something, so don't break my dreams! :P
Give in, buy a flashcart, I did already. No one's really working on anything anymore (we aren't seeing any more osts by @Bobesh8 or @Apache Thunder who have been the main two to work on this stuff) and the ones who know how it could work don't want to share anything (as per usual in the 3DS scene)

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Give in, buy a flashcart, I did already. No one's really working on anything anymore (we aren't seeing any more osts by @Bobesh8 or @Apache Thunder who have been the main two to work on this stuff) and the ones who know how it could work don't want to share anything (as per usual in the 3DS scene)
I have two flashcards, and even a gateway so...
In conclusion, I trust in the devs :grog:

Last edited by Mazamin,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr