Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Great Job, now if we could just get the R4 Firmware booting and able to read the 3DS SD Card then we would be in business, anyways great job
No, you would still have nothing working, as the games themselves attempt to read from the gamecard.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the Advance Wars DSi release? Was that a full on port, or was that something completely different?

so you could boot the ds flipnote?
Yes...but if you had kernel access to do that, why not just use the 3DS one?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A flashcart for $10?! If it works for the n3DS, feel free to send me the link for it. My current flashcart doesn't work on my n3DS.

Also... Never say never :P right?
Last year I bought a R4iGold.cn cart for $9 (the one which is Wood-compatible) from zhuzhuchina, and yeah it works on N3DS.

"Never say never"... I can bet no one with the needed skills just starts reverse engineering all DS games XD

Last edited by Aurora Wright,

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you want NDS running from SD card this is a pipe dream...

if this was easy @yellows8 would have left bread crumbs over the web... he does normally for us humans.

its not impossible its just very very hard.

just wait for NX portable to be hacked... and have DS virtual console injection tool if you want DS game running though the SD. my best bet.

Last edited by Flame,

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
The DSi Home Menu launcher SRL will likely never work correctly on a 3DS (without some heavy modifications). TWL_FIRM actually has a SRL for the launcher. But it's the "Dev" DSi Launcher. It may be possible to replace it with Home Menu SRL. But I haven't tried and I would bet it probably wouldn't work anyways.

Also keep in mind that because the 3DS stores the tickets for DSiWare on CTR_NAND, DSi Home Menu and other DSi System apps will not have access to the tickets. So nothing would show up in Home Menu even if you booted it up.

DSi System Settings crashes as well. Though I later got it to work after copying some files from a DSi NAND dump onto the TWLN partition. (there's quite a few files a DSi NAND has that 3DS TWLN no longer has).

But even so, the tickets I copied over, it still rejected so none of other system apps I installed showed up in DSi Data Management. (and actually viewing the Data Managent menu in DSi System Settings will brick TWL mode because it sees no valid tickets and removes ALL the installed DSi titles which causes TWL_FIRM to freeze when you attempt to boot a game in DS/DSi mode).

lol. I even tried to use DSi System Update menu. It would see that there's an update and try to download it. But about 60 seconds in, it errors out. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last year I bought a R4iGold.cn cart for $9 (the one which is Wood-compatible) from zhuzhuchina, and yeah it works on N3DS.

"Never say never"... I can bet no one with the needed skills just starts reverse engineering all DS games XD
Lol I can't find it for that cheap, cheapest I can find is $12-$15. The ones that state $9 require you to buy 10 >.>

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol I can't find it for that cheap, cheapest I can find is $12-$15. The ones that state $9 require you to buy 10 >.>

if $2 is alot for you.. you shouldnt be messing with your 3DS at all in case you brick it.. you would need alot $2's to buy another 3DS.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if $2 is alot for you.. you shouldnt be messing with your 3DS at all in case you brick it.. you would need alot $2's to buy another 3DS.
Lol! Oh no o: But nah, I just dislike paying for "piracy". I wouldn't mind buying another 3DS if I ever bricked my o3DS or n3DS.

I also don't know which retailer to choose from. Any suggestions for a reputable site that has fast and cheap (if not free) shipping to California?

Billy Acuña

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Not at all, the 3DS just has the hardware to runr DS game, maybe patching both TWL_FIRM and Bootloader we can get something. However, I own two flashcards (R4i SDHc and DSTWO), this is not just for "cheap" piracy, its about science.

Reactions: Supster131

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol! Oh no o: But nah, I just dislike paying for "piracy". I wouldn't mind buying another 3DS if I ever bricked my o3DS or n3DS.

I also don't know which retailer to choose from. Any suggestions for a reputable site that has fast and cheap (if not free) shipping to California?

use http://shoptemp.net/ to find one..... shoptemp is run by the GBAtemp admins.. shoptemp is search engine for flashcarts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2