Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't run most NDS in DSiWare mode without totally rewriting it to read from NAND/SD.
At least.
All the Wii and GameCube games read from disk and I don't think we had to rewrite all of them to run them through USB loaders and Nintendon't, did we?

I think that if the community tries hard enough, we can definitely figure it out.

TuxSH

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What exactly prevents NDS titles from running? Is there other code in the DSiWare worth noting? Would it be possible to get NDS working, or maybe even extract DSi titles for NDS emulators?
Actually a lot of things, like reading from HW registers (save files etc.).

Reactions: cearp

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's all this? for what I understood this is some kind of ''Nintendont for 3DS'' in the making?
It's not really in the making right now. It's more speculation and theorizing.
The member Billy Acuña has just been requesting and hoping for the ability to run ds games without having to use a flashcart for several months now so he's created a topic to try to scrounge up interest in such a project.

Last edited by jaksy,
Reactions: Gizametalman

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well... i also want a homebrew app that allows you to ''emulate'' a flashcart, so you wont need a flashcart anymore.
But I have hopes that someday, someone will make it possible to install the ''Bluecardfix.cia/TimeWarp.cia'' on any firmware and there, problem solved.
This looks interesting. Im a noob at code, but whatever.

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the Wii and GameCube games read from disk and I don't think we had to rewrite all of them to run them through USB loaders and Nintendon't, did we?

I think that if the community tries hard enough, we can definitely figure it out.

The Wii had a different architecture then the 3DS in that the Wii had access to the GameCube hardware already to allow the use of GameCube controllers in Wii mode games and manage GC memory cards from the Wii firmware as well as natively recognize and launch a GC game from the Wii dashboard.

That sort of integration is not there on the 3DS with the DS hardware, and it's also absent in the Wii U, that is why vWii exists instead of just managing all of the Wii compatability settings through the Wii U and just running a Wii disc from the Wii U dashboard like Wii did with GameCube.

DS integration stops and the ability to recognize a DS game and know it needs to reboot into DS Mode. Sort of a precursor to a vWii type setup.

Last edited by mediabob,

Natethekidrs00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know if this is any help but you can boot into the ds wifi settings and it looks to me that is is native ds

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i dont know if this is any help but you can boot into the ds wifi settings and it looks to me that is is native ds
from the wifi settings you click on ds conection settings and it seems to boot up a part of the ds system

Reactions: CeeDee

loco365

Trophies
XP

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

from the wifi settings you click on ds conection settings and it seems to boot up a part of the ds system
It's a very small portion of software that's stored on the NAND, any game that has WFC access will also have it. It's not too terribly useful at the moment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it