1. Supster131

Supster131 (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧

United States
    Not exactly.. DSi-Only/DSi-enhanced games also have that extra header I was talking about. When we try to install one of those games onto a 3DS, they will show up on the homemenu. But as I explained earlier, upon launching it, we would come up with an error. If we had a DS game inserted in the 3DS, that CIA DS game would launch the cart instead.

So it's not really that simple :/ DSI and DS games yield the same results.

2. matt!

matt! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

installing to emuNand only:
    R4 "Revolution for DS (NDSL, NDS)" - does not appear & error using TWLSlot1Launcher
    Acekard 2i - appears & works
    R4i RTS 3DS - appears & works

installing to emuNand and sysNand:
    same results

...so it seems you only need to install it to emuNand.

3. zbw2000

zbw2000 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Apparently. Good to know i guess.

4. AtlasFontaine

AtlasFontaine GBAtemp Maniac

Venezuela
    You should migrate Flashcard topic to the respective thread.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/twl-slot-1-launcher-first-custom-dsiware-app.414501/

Zidapi likes this.
  5. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

United States
    Don't DS(i) games have the code stored in a file of it's own in the file structure? Wouldn't those just need to be compared with advanced wars? I'd imagine theres some code in there to tell it to read from the gamecart or Nand

6. matt!

matt! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I have done so, but my reply above was directly related to whether patched TWL_FIRM needs to be installed to emuNand only, or emuNand and sysNand

7. Billy Acuña

OP Billy Acuña GBAtemp Psycho!

Mexico
    Not sure at all, but I think that DSi Advanced Wars and the DSiWare one have different encryption (not only the header).
    @TuxSH ?

8. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

United States
    Is there currently a way to decrypt DSIware? I remember reading that it had to be migrated from a DSI instead of purchased from a 3DS, but I'm wondering if we found another way

9. Billy Acuña

Mexico
    Maybe, but DSi Scene doesn't grown huge enough as DS/3DS did, so I dunno if is possible encrypt/decrypt DSiWare roms.

10. Hiccup

Hiccup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

use dsisrlextract (with -nomodcrypt parameter) to decrypt dsiware bins into No-Intro acceptable format

11. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Something interesting to report. It appears to be possible to enable slot-1 access from a DSiWare app. I tested this with Sudoku. I did a quick demonstration video here:

Of coarse in this case wooddumper still fails to read the card. This is probably because it's not coded to operate correctly in DSi mode. I only used it to see if there was a change in it's behavior. It looks like I got Slot-1 working because in that test woodumper would show a random card ID value on each read attempt. But if I eject the cartridge (I used a Mario 64 DS game as a test) it would always report this as 0.

I confirmed this new behavior was a result of my modifications by trying it again but with original unmodified Sudoku. Regardless if the cartridge was inserted or not, in vanilla Sudoku environment, wooddumper would always report cardid of 0. So it definitely looks like my changes did something!

I modified Access Control settings at offset 0x1B4 (4 bytes long) to match that of TWLNMenu (the equivalent of DevMenu on the DSi, and yes I already tried to get that to boot on my 3DS. Looks like all dev apps fail to boot on retail consoles. Still haven't figured out why).

If you want to test this your self, these were the bytes I changed it to on Sudoku's access control (offset 0x1B4 in the SRL header): 1B 61 00 00

Also, not sure if this was a factor or not, but I also changed offset 0x0C to be 0B. This setting corresponds to what that's set to in the DSi Launcher SRL. (TWLNMenu also had it set to this).

If you decide to modify that byte, be sure to correct the header CRC. :)

Slot-1 is active it appears, but whether or not valid data can be retrieved can't be tested yet. There is no (public) DSI mode homebrew that is coded to access slot-1 properly in DSi mode. That and there's a possibility that the sudokohax payload it self might interfere with it. (I heard they had anti-piracy code. DSi NAND keys were destroyed on startup of the Sudokuhax payload. I don't know of any other measures they added. Maybe they actively messed up slot-1 access somehow, But Sudoko doesn't normally have slot-1 access, so I don't see this as likely)

So conclusive tests could not be done. :(

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Feb 12, 2016
  12. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

United Kingdom
    So with this we could in theory flash an update to a bricked DS flashcart couldn't we?

13. Nintendo4DSXL

Nintendo4DSXL Pokémon-Master

Germany
    This would be nice because my M3iZero hangs on the firmupdate

14. I_AM_L_FORCE

United Kingdom
    I have a fake card that'd work if this is the case too

15. Vampirex

Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    Not sure if this is relevant or not..

@Apache Thunder have you guys tried the DSi homebrew channel on 3DS? I've been playing around with this on my DS flashcart. If I boot up straight from the loader, I can access the SD content from the flashcart. But when I have DSi hb channel autoboot from the flashcart, it freezes on the main screen... I'm wondering if its trying to access the SD card?

http://gamebrew.org/wiki/DSi_Homebrew_Channel

Last edited by Vampirex, Feb 13, 2016
  16. Billy Acuña

Mexico
    If we have a source code of DSi HBC, will be possible, but I cannot find it :(

17. chyyran

chyyran somehow a weeb now.
    Developer

Canada
    While I know Process9 brokers all SD card access, at least in CTR Mode; assuming this idea hasn't been thrown out there before, rather than attempting to convert NDS files to CIA and booting them, would it be possible to redirect Slot-1 RW in TWL_FIRM to a partition on the SD Card in a similar fashion to how EmuNAND is accomplished?

Last edited by chyyran, Feb 13, 2016
  18. Vampirex

Vampirex Dhampir

Canada
    Maybe the author can provide? @spinal_cord

19. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware
    Developer

Micronesia, Federated States of
    Experimental 3ds nand dump/restore from TWL mode. It's beta so make sure to have nand mods and backups etc. blah blah. Self service (just src, no binary). Tested with sudokuhax on old 3ds and dsi and it's slow so be prepared for that.

Last edited by zoogie, Jul 16, 2016
  20. I_AM_L_FORCE

United Kingdom
    Hold up. You can backup/restore NAND from twl? How?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - progress, hacking, thread