Homebrew DS(i) Mode hacking progress thread

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
when were there, could we overclock the ds game? eventually.
Sure we can. The PSP had this feature, it could be overclocked to 333mhz and this made a big improvement to tackle lag. so I don't see why not. And some people are stating that on the original nds. Slot 1 could be used for extra ram so. I don't a reason why we cannot achive this.

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
If i rememeber correctly. The 3ds could be overclocked to 804Mhz and this could help in games that require alot of power such as pokemon..mario kart and more. This will buff out the framerate, cut down on loading times and overall..output a smoother gaming experience for the user.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If i rememeber correctly. The 3ds could be overclocked to 804Mhz and this could help in games that require alot of power such as pokemon..mario kart and more. This will buff out the framerate, cut down on loading times and overall..output a smoother gaming experience for the user.
It's not overclocking, it's taking full advantage of the n3ds clock speed on o3ds games. And that could affect the timing of nds games (which, besides causing gameplay issues, could trigger AP).

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
I've overclocked alot of stuff in the past. Never have I experienced crashes or any problems. My guess is HANs has the capability to overclock. That would be so cool. Loading times suck balls on the o3ds. If this becomes a reality. I will prase the lords of the heavens. And the developers behind it :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how did this guy achieve it then? He made it look so easy. I'm watching this thread.

Shah Isah

Trophies
XP
Country
New 3ds right?
Yup. But I own a o3ds. Its possible that Nintendo underclocked it despite it being a Mobile processor to perform basic tasks. After research. Its definetly capable of achieving a maximum of 268Mhz. More than enough to boost performance.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
If you need roms. Check out Ciangel. It's full of TWL format games (DSi) as well as NTR (3ds) Hope this post helps some people.
Wrong. NTR is the Nintendo DS. TWL is the DSi. CTR is 3DS.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
the arm 9 in the 3ds is faster then the dsis one so can we make it go to the clock speed of that and not just dsi clock speed

I'm pretty sure Arm9 doesn't run faster then 166mhz in CTR mode. It runs at speeds the same as DSi mode as that's what it's nominal clock speed is. It doesn't run as fast as Arm11 and doesn't need to since all it does in CTR mode is handle encryption. I don't believe arm9 has a higher clock speed for CTR mode. It's simply the same clock speed as TWL mode.

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
is their a gba mode hacking thread like for hacking the gba vc

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm pretty sure Arm9 doesn't run faster then 166mhz in CTR mode. It runs at speeds the same as DSi mode as that's what it's nominal clock speed is. It doesn't run as fast as Arm11 and doesn't need to since all it does in CTR mode is handle encryption. I don't believe arm9 has a higher clock speed for CTR mode. It's simply the same clock speed as TWL mode.
dsi clock speed is 133mhz

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
idk why this does not have more interest its like one of the only things a hacked 3ds still can't do is play ds roms with out a flash card like the 3ds has already replaced the need for save dongles and action replays and its the best way to dump ds roms.

SnakeOil992

Walking bruh moment
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
idk why this does not have more interest its like one of the only things a hacked 3ds still can't do is play ds roms with out a flash card like the 3ds has already replaced the need for save dongles and action replays and its the best way to dump ds roms.
Thing is, it has interest. Learn to wait.

Reactions: Davidosky99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom