1. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    you know, most modern games (nes onwards) literally wait for interrupts for the next event, ie: most IO things work sync/async where the interrupt (the hardware that raised an interrupt has done fully cycle count of the target cycle time, given a base CPU/BUS frequency) across different perhiperals.

Plus the "frame sync" happens mostly on the video hardware, since it will make sure (given a preset frame per second interval) for the GPU to notify CPU (through an interrupt) when its time to draw that frame on screen (since the game wrote that frame long before this event, but STILL needs to render the whole frame before proceeding with the next one, so the game/code must wait for the frame to be drawn (wait for frame interrupt) )

~Poke~ likes this.
  2. Shah Isah

Shah Isah GBAtemp Regular

Well I just tested with an old copy of Pokémon White version 2 I had lying around. And I can honestly say that the boost is worth it. Shorter loading times, Smoother animations when in battle. Didn't see much of an improvement anywhere else but it works. Just makes the game so much more enjoyable. Ps. In the time of testing. I experienced no crashing or glitching.

ahezard likes this.
  3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!
    Former Staff

Italy
    Err, how can I put it... What he is doing isn't technically against the rules. Just annoying.

CeeDee and Swiftloke like this.
  4. hippy dave
    This message by hippy dave has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  5. hacksn5s4
    This message by hacksn5s4 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  6. Davidosky99
    This message by Davidosky99 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  7. Slattz
    This message by Slattz has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  8. KHShadowrunner
    This message by KHShadowrunner has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  9. hacksn5s4
    This message by hacksn5s4 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  10. Slattz
    This message by Slattz has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  11. insidexdeath
    This message by insidexdeath has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  12. Slattz
    Sep 11, 2016
  13. KHShadowrunner

Newcomer

United States
    If his original question is "When is DSI mode hacking going to progress?", then I can lookat the title and see it says "DSi mode hacking progress" - seems pretty on-topic, potentially annoying depending on how it is asked. Like a kid in the back seat on the way to disney.

If the follow up to this is "You need to learn to read", "Shut up", none of these really talk about DSi mode hacking, but ARE an answer to an on-topic question, so I'd be pretty okay with it.

If the next post after is "Yeah he's been posting this crap for a while" - we're now off topic. If we have 4 posts discussing how to block him from a thread, That's off topic. If we get an admin post that CONFIRMS he's not really doing anything wrong, just annoying, and the response to that is to police them on their typing? Off topic.

The quote you used was a response to an off topic comment made against him (though it was also to anyone who posts, so). It's off topic. And your post is also off topic. And so is mine. I hope they all get deleted.

I'm actually a little confused as to if this is going to work on N3DS based on some of the posts in the last 10 or so pages - but i'm pretty sure the poster was just reassuring that the O3DS will be supported by the solution when it comes out, and not that it's O3DS exclusive. Either way, seems like things are moving along - Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

XanLoves likes this.
  14. insidexdeath
    This message by insidexdeath has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  15. hacksn5s4
    Sep 11, 2016
  16. Slattz
    Sep 11, 2016
  17. Fatalanus
    This message by Fatalanus has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  18. Shah Isah
    This message by Shah Isah has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 11, 2016, Reason: Off-topic -rp.
    Sep 11, 2016
  19. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!
    Former Staff

Italy
    Back to topic, guys. I think we've steered it off-topic quite enough.

20. sieroi

sieroi GBAtemp Regular

I'd be curious to know if this opens up any potential for something like a new exploit for the original DSi hardware - getting homebrew running on, say, newer models like the DSi XL is an absolute chore, even with exploitable games to hand.

I mean, anyone that wants to get homebrew on a DSi XL technically can, if they're willing to swap out their Wi-Fi board with an older model- but it's such an unwieldy solution.

21. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

THIS. :D
    Seriously though, rom loading on the dsi would be great, I prefer playing my ds games on it since ds games look like crap on the 3ds

22. Stack3r

Stack3r Shizuo Heiwajima

23. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Looks really good on 3ds just hold Start/Select when booting your ds flashcart

Deleted User likes this.
  24. JuanmaHL

JuanmaHL GBAtemp Regular

You can load demos and Homebrews in NTR now without the patch with the nds-hd-menu

Stack3r likes this.
  25. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    Faster = worse is subjective, you know :)

ahezard likes this.
  26. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Is it possible to make dsiware romhacks/translation hacks?

27. Billy Acuña

OP Billy Acuña GBAtemp Psycho!

Mexico
    Of course you can, but you need to unpack the nds content and reverse files

28. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

How do you convert a cia dsiware to a nds rom? Unless that's not possible and you have to edit the cia itself?

29. Billy Acuña

OP Billy Acuña GBAtemp Psycho!

Mexico
    A lot of dsiware comes on nds format, you can find most of them in that iso site.

Deleted User likes this.
  30. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Yeah I just found it on it, thanks!
    The last dsiware I tried to edit crashed when I repacked it with make_cia, so hopefully that doesn't happen this time

Edit -

Well it won't boot in no$gba or on my 3ds if I modify even a single byte, I guess I'm doing something wrong.

Billy Acuña likes this.
  31. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder I have cameras in your head!

United States
    Newer NTR games and DSi games using newer TWL sdks make use of Digest Sector Tables to project their NitroFS sections from modification (and possibly their arm binaries as well). You will have the patch the game to defeat that measure or go through the process of rehashing them. I suppose it's possible to fix the hashes, but since the hash of the tables was stored in the header which was protected by RSA sig, no one had ever made tools for this. It's possible now, but you'd have to write a program to handle that. Else you can't modify the game without patching the checks out. This check isn't handled by TWL_FIRM. Each individual game does this.

Last edited by Apache Thunder, Sep 12, 2016
  32. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Well that's unfortunate. I could try to make a program if I knew exactly what to modify, but unfortunately that's not my area of expertise.
    Oh well, I guess I can't translate the game I wanted to do for the time being.

Edit
    @Apache Thunder, are those checks the same in every rom? I suppose making a quick program to patch it out universally for each rom wouldn't be that much of a hassle. It seems like patching out the check would be a better solution than redoing the hash if it is possible.

Last edited Sep 12, 2016
  33. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Well I found this page which seems to have some info on the checks Apache Thunder mentioned.
    https://gist.github.com/Steveice10/08e75915d9993ec4efe2
    I wasn't expecting this to work, but I went to the digest sector table offsets specified on the github page and 0'd them out in the rom, and it no longer boots in an emulator. So something else must need to be edited.

34. hacksn5s4

hacksn5s4 Banned
    Banned

ds mode screenshots would be cool

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ds i clock speeds are 133mhz which is faster then showen in the vid i don't have mkds but i tried it on pokemon and it does not make it go that fast whys that

Last edited by hacksn5s4, Sep 13, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - progress, hacking, thread