Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

rivelio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I'm finally able to run twilightmenu++ consistently (despite crashes it has from time to time) it but I'm unable to run games. In this case all I want to run is a randomized pokemon soul silver version that works perfectly with wood but when I open it with twlmenu++ it gets stuck "creating a save file", I tried repeating this with an already created save file but the same thing happened (the loading screen also said maybe closing and opening the ds would work but not in my case haha) any ideas of what's causing this?

Last edited by rivelio,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the widescreen patch just because I wanted to take a look. Now I want to go back to 4:3 but I'm unable to, it just stays at 16:10.
I've tried updating TWLMenu++ and NDS Bootstrap, tried deleting Widescreen.cxi and also tried deleting the "widescreen" folder in the _nds folder, but I'm stuck at 16:10. Even launching NDS apps gets me a 16:10 picture now. How can I get it back to normal?

@Robz8 I now go to TWL icon lauch it u will see all selection sharp,liner,pixel,crispy or back to old default orginal 4:3 when u select one of those press and hold start it will generate to 4:3 when you decide to go back to 16:10 press hold X and Start to genrate to 16:10 instead of deleting "TwlBg.cxi" at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/", and try deleting the TWLMenu++ titles in FBI title list, and then re-install the CIAs. its much easier than taking out card every time

lookshaf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 I now go to TWL icon lauch it u will see all selection sharp,liner,pixel,crispy or back to old default orginal 4:3 when u select one of those press and hold start it will generate to 4:3 when you decide to go back to 16:10 press hold X and Start to genrate to 16:10 instead of deleting "TwlBg.cxi" at "sd:/luma/sysmodules/", and try deleting the TWLMenu++ titles in FBI title list, and then re-install the CIAs. its much easier than taking out card every time
You can also use GodMode9 to move and delete files. Thats how I troubleshoot when I’m not at my PC.

But my understanding is if the widescreen hack is working correctly, you shouldn’t have to regenerate the .cxi file more than the first time. The TwlBg.cxi file shouldn’t be in the Luma/sysmodules folder at all, or else TwiLight Menu will get stuck in widescreen when it shouldn’t. You should just be able to turn widescreen on and off with the toggle in Twilight menu settings.

Reactions: FanNintendo

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well, now it's me who's in problem. :(
I started with Last Window EU and every time a conversation scene ends it gets stuck with a black screen. I tried disabling heap shrink and other options but it still fails. I haven't tried TWL only with NTR, but maybe the problem is still in both. Maybe it's some inds bootstrap issue? :unsure:

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Well, now it's me who's in problem. :(
I started with Last Window EU and every time a conversation scene ends it gets stuck with a black screen. I tried disabling heap shrink and other options but it still fails. I haven't tried TWL only with NTR, but maybe the problem is still in both. Maybe it's some inds bootstrap issue? :unsure:

Hello.:)

I played the EU Version TID:YLUP (English Language) and talked to

Tony Wolf
Betty Meyer
Margaret Patrice
(and again after she said "I was rude").

No Issues.:)
Nintendo DSi with latest TWiLight v14.2.0 and nds-bootstrap v.34.0

EDIT: Also on the New 3DS XL (played to Chapter 2) - No Issues.

Thank you.:)

Last edited by Alexander1970,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm finally able to run twilightmenu++ consistently (despite crashes it has from time to time) it but I'm unable to run games. In this case all I want to run is a randomized pokemon soul silver version that works perfectly with wood but when I open it with twlmenu++ it gets stuck "creating a save file", I tried repeating this with an already created save file but the same thing happened (the loading screen also said maybe closing and opening the ds would work but not in my case haha) any ideas of what's causing this?
Did you put the save file in "saves"?

elenarguez

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Tony Wolf
Betty Meyer
Margaret Patrice

So... I have no idea why it crashes :wacko: maybe the ap? I read a post where Rob commented that L had to be held down while it starts but that would still work?

Tony Wolf
Betty Meyer
Margaret Patrice

EDIT: Also on the New 3DS XL (played to Chapter 2) - No Issues.

Solved. I didn't have the AP file in the folder, my fault, sry :ha:

someguy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

WARNING
When using this with SD cards that are 64GB or above, make sure "Save FAT table cache" is disabled. Your SD card may become corrupt, due to an issue with saved FAT tables by nds-bootstrap.
If it's already turned off when corruption happened, then it's due to an issue with either libnds or libfat.

Are there plans to fix this?

Alvaro_130720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I think there is a problem in the Twilight Menu version of DSi. The sound that sounds when you are in a dialogue and you press the A has happened to me in Pokemon Platinum, or above all, it happens a lot in Zelda Phantom Hourglass, the sounds like for example link when it is damaged, when it opens a door, breaks a vessel, get an object, it sounds like the sound is repeated many times at once. It happens in the verison of DSi, I have ended up changing all the settings between DSi and DS mode, changing the CPU speed, activating and deactivating the VRAM Boost and testing the two sound frequencies, but the same thing always happens. I have tried on a New 3DS and it does not have this problem

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

https://gbatemp.net/threads/twilightmenu-black-and-white-screen.563670/

I can confirm Band Hero US TID:BGHE on the New3DSXL and DSi with TWiLight v14.2.0 and nds-bootstrap v.34.0
is only working with Heapshrink: OFF

P1360772.JPG P1360773.JPG P1360774.JPG

Otherwise is stays on Black Upper Screen/White Lower Screen.

Last edited by Alexander1970,

Alvaro_130720

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, I think there is a problem in the Twilight Menu version of DSi. The sound that sounds when you are in a dialogue and you press the A has happened to me in Pokemon Platinum, or above all, it happens a lot in Zelda Phantom Hourglass, the sounds like for example link when it is damaged, when it opens a door, breaks a vessel, get an object, it sounds like the sound is repeated many times at once. It happens in the verison of DSi, I have ended up changing all the settings between DSi and DS mode, changing the CPU speed, activating and deactivating the VRAM Boost and testing the two sound frequencies, but the same thing always happens. I have tried on a New 3DS and it does not have this problem
I have found the cause of the problem, it happens if you have the Precise Volume mode activated. I have deactivated it and the problem is solved

jismy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you !! :bow:

Funny,I have tried it many Times with your Patches (over 20 Minutes).
.....and it simply does not work....:sad:

Then I want to make a Video for you and.....it worked on the second Try,the first Time.:D

Yes,it IS very tricky,no Question.:)

i am having the same issues. i also tried ap patching and using those isp patches and the brush is still not working

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

i am having the same issues. i also tried ap patching and using those isp patches and the brush is still not working

Yes,it is still tricky and need more Attempts.:(
If it helps,when drawing use the "B" Button to erase and draw it again,erase,draw it again.
With this "Method" I always achieved it.:)

Good Luck

Reactions: Alvaro_130720

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
not just a DSI issue as I have had that happen a few times in Phantom Hourglass on my 3ds

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, some days ago I wondered why Bangai-O Spirits has such a low framerate, I assumed it was because of the amount of sprites on screen, but when I tried to run it in DSi mode, it still had the same FPS drops, even in forced DSi mode.
What console are you using?
Also, does the same issue happen on the original cartridge? If so, then it's normal.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Also, does the same issue happen on the original cartridge? If so, then it's normal.
The DS version of Bangai-O is notorious for having some horrendous slowdown even worse than the original N64 version.

Aphelios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
What console are you using?

The DS version of Bangai-O is notorious for having some horrendous slowdown even worse than the original N64 version.

I'm using a DSi, well, the problem also occurs in the original cartridge, I guess it's just very badly optimized, thank you both for responding quickly, I guess we're destined to play them with low FPS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol