Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Delete both "settings.ini" and "nds-bootstrap.ini" at "sd:/_nds" (the first .ini being at "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu").

hey Robs what did you change to make game compatibility with your app go from awful (TWLoader) to almost perfect (TwilightMenu) ??

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey Robs what did you change to make game compatibility with your app go from awful (TWLoader) to almost perfect (TwilightMenu) ??
We patched some other unpatched functions, and also fixed the patching of the currently-patching functions.
And we boosted speed by implementing FAT table caching, and using NDMA for SD reads.

Reactions: satel

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
We patched some other unpatched functions, and also fixed the patching of the currently-patching functions.
And we boosted speed by implementing FAT table caching, and using NDMA for SD reads.
great & is it now complete or still more to be done ?

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Some games still aren't working.

i hope you get those games fixed soon & thanks very much for making this awesome app & for been the most committed & helpful Dev i have ever seen. DS & GBA games are my favourite nintendo games. :)

also i'm glad i no longer need R4 to play DS games on 3DS as it was draining the battery really fast even in standby mode.

Reactions: RocketRobz

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cellophane Also, pretty sure it's in the instructions but be sure to run H2testw. Copy everything to a PC, format the SD card with H2testw and be absolutely sure to check it for any corruption, hardware issues, or if it's one of those cheap Chinese cards.

CeIIophane

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@Cellophane Also, pretty sure it's in the instructions but be sure to run H2testw. Copy everything to a PC, format the SD card with H2testw and be absolutely sure to check it for any corruption, hardware issues, or if it's one of those cheap Chinese cards.
Format the SD card?

EDIT: Isn't there a way to simply delete whatever it is TWiLight installed that suddenly made my 3DS slow, without me having to move my EmuNAND and format anything? I'm a thousand percent sure I may do something wrong, or something will go wrong beyond my knowledge and I'll kill my 3DS. I don't really plan to try again with the menu, I just want my 3DS back to its original state before I installed TWiLight.

Last edited by CeIIophane,

Isaacvalen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi, can i format my nintendo dsi to reinstall the twilightmenu ++? the format will not erase the flipnote studio? This was preinstalled when i buy the dsi, so nothing happens?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, can i format my nintendo dsi to reinstall the twilightmenu ++? the format will not erase the flipnote studio? This was preinstalled when i buy the dsi, so nothing happens?
No, formatting won't erase any installed DSiWare.
Why do you want to format it, anyways?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v7.4.0: Valentine's Day release <3

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

Includes nds-bootstrap v0.17.1.

This lovely release not only brings the usual new features, but chocolaty deliciously new features that push the DS/DSi console to the limits! ;)

WARNING: The following below (except for the feature listing) may contain cringe.

random lively girl said:
Hi Robz! <3
What's new?
Well I'm glad you asked! Here's what's new!
  • Introducing RocketVideo technology, a new homebrew video player!
  • Thanks to RocketVideo, a new animated TWiLight Menu++ splash has been added, with sound added alongside it!
    The last half of the splash was created in Game Maker Studio.
  • (@Epicpkmn11) Time and date display have been added to the DSi and 3DS themes!
  • The stock look of the DSi Menu returns! The top icons are now moved to a new menu called the SELECT menu, the successor to the old START menu.
  • (RocketVideo) The rotating cubes from the original 3DS HOME Menu, are now shown on the top screen of the 3DS theme.
  • (RocketVideo) The DSi splash now plays at the original frame rate of 60FPS!
    However, if you're using a flashcard, it'll play at 24FPS, unless if you're using a Memory Expansion Pak for your DS Phat/Lite.
  • DSi splash can now be displayed on 3DS/2DS consoles.
  • An option has been added to display the H&S screen in the DSi splash.
  • Ever wished you could change the color of your screens? Well now you can!
    A B&W/Grayscale color mode has been added! Currently doesn't work in the Acekard theme and the DS(i) games.
  • Color padding added on the top and bottom of the dialog box image in the DSi Menu theme.
  • You can now enable/disable showing specific filetypes in the settings menu.
  • Pictochat and DS Download Play .nds files can now be launched properly in the ROM menu.
  • (@Epicpkmn11) You can now hide files and folders in the DSi/3DS themes!
    Press X on the file or folder, but instead of deleting the file, press Y.
  • Slightly sped-up icon rearranging process.
  • After rearranging icon, `Please wait...` text is now shown.
  • (@Epicpkmn11) Improved DSi/3DS menu BG music.

random girly girl said:
Oh wow, that's sweet!
But, are there any issues fixed?
Yes, there are! Here are the bug fixes.
  • (@Epicpkmn11) macOS's index files ('._') are no longer shown.
  • (@maorninja) Fixed AP message being shown for Rune Factory 3.
  • Fixed language setting not working in nds-bootstrap.
  • Fixed the crash when pressing Up on an empty box in DSi & 3DS themes.
  • Fixed GBA mode icon in the main menu.

same lively girl said:
Wow! I'm liking this release already! Thank you RocketRobz! ^_^
same girly girl said:
Yeah! Thank you!
Aw, you're both so kind!

To all of you using TWiLight Menu++, or if this is your first time using it, have a Happy Valentines Day! :)
Show your special someone the new update, and/or what DS(i) games you are playing!

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Dibblerulez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this app. The only issue I seem to have is that when I enable cheats for Pokemon White or Pokemon Black 2(both with AP fix) they don't start, they just hang on the white screen.I also seem to only be able to get Dragon Ball Kai Ultimate Butouden to work sometimes it has an English patch and I added the AP fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, McDonalds burgers are as small as White castle burgers nowdays , but cost double.