Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, under step 2

2. 3DS/2DS: Put this in "fat:/_nds/nds-bootstrap.ini":
[NDS-BOOTSTRAP]
CONSOLE_MODEL = 2;
If you're on N3DS/N2DS, then put in 3 instead of 2.

do I need to do this to the ini file inside the SD card of my 2DSXL or the ini file inside the sd card of my flashcart?
Skip this step. It is no longer needed.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a step that I need to follow to make it work with DSTT? When I try to launch my flashcart, an error will occur rather that booting twilight ++
If you're trying to launch it using TWLMenu++, go into settings, and change Slot-1 launch method to Direct.

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're trying to launch it using TWLMenu++, go into settings, and change Slot-1 launch method to Direct.

I did that, but it still load my SD card and not my flashcart.
I'm also getting a "DLDI init failed" when I tried to launch the flashcart.

Last edited by kaizen,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did that, but it still load my SD card and not my flashcart.
I'm also getting a "DLDI init failed" when I tried to launch the flashcart.
Welp, I derped, and forgot to DLDI-patch the flashcard autoboot file for the DSTT.
Re-download the latest TWiLight Menu++, and get the fixed flashcard autoboot file from there.

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Welp, I derped, and forgot to DLDI-patch the flashcard autoboot file for the DSTT.
Re-download the latest TWiLight Menu++, and get the fixed flashcard autoboot file from there.

Alright that fixed the DLDI init failed error, but now I'm seeing a weird logo saying "NO CARD".

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I restarted my console and reinsert the card, it boot, I selected DSI panda thing on the selection console, and now I'm getting a white screen.
Why did you select the DSi panda unit?
Unless you are really using a DSi panda/dev unit, that's the wrong option.

Reactions: Sunuku

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm posting in the wrong thread, but, how's the SNES emulation compatability and speed? I noticed it in the changelog but didn't see it on the forums, my PC has been having trouble lately and I was NOT going to read 30 pages lol

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How would I do that? I tried launching the flashcart via ntrlauncher and Img getting the same issue.
I mean install YSMenu as your flashcard firmware replacement, then launch the flashcard, and start "boot_fc.nds".
Maybe I'm posting in the wrong thread, but, how's the SNES emulation compatability and speed? I noticed it in the changelog but didn't see it on the forums, my PC has been having trouble lately and I was NOT going to read 30 pages lol
Speed is good on most games, and any game with SuperFX chip will not work.

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I mean install YSMenu as your flashcard firmware replacement, then launch the flashcard, and start "boot_fc.nds".

Speed is good on most games, and any game with SuperFX chip will not work.

That worked! Via NTR launcher, there are some missing stuffs on my menu though, for example I can't select the option to run via DSI mode, is that normal?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That worked! Via NTR launcher, there are some missing stuffs on my menu though, for example I can't select the option to run via DSI mode, is that normal?
Yes, because the flashcard runs in DS mode.
Also, if you want to set ARM9 CPU Speed and VRAM boost options, then you must launch the flashcard using TWiLight Menu++ on the SD card, with the "SCFG access for Slot-1" option turned on.

kaizen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, because the flashcard runs in DS mode.
Also, if you want to set ARM9 CPU Speed and VRAM boost options, then you must launch the flashcard using TWiLight Menu++ on the SD card, with the "SCFG access for Slot-1" option turned on.

Yep I am able to set my CPU speed, VRAM Boost, and Sound/mic frequency.

Reactions: RocketRobz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hiiiiii