Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Omiwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you make updates, do you not put any indication on the top post?

I was maybe confused because the top post doesn't say the most recent version and still talks about donor ROMs being used for saving.

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Can anyone confirm that Wario Ware touched, all the House MD games and Jekyll and Hyde dsiware work with touch screen on the new release? If they are not working with touch input can I request the argv setup be reimplemented because that DID work.

Reactions: siamese

Jimathy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, I updated dsimenu++ and fired up Pokemon white for the lols. And it seems to be working, battles are working, no crashes...just short freezes on loading areas.

Not sure if I did something, or it was something that was added/removed in the update. All I know is I don't dare turn it off in case it stops working again.

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
DSiMenu++ v5.2.0

Update instructions
  1. Overwrite the "_nds" folder on the SD root, with the new one from the .7z file.
  2. For DSi CFW users, put "title" folder from "CFW - SDNAND root" folder, onto the SD card root.
    If you're asked to overwrite, click Yes.
  3. On 3DS, install the two CIAs in the cia folder.
What's new?
  • New font is now in use!
    The font is like the one from the original DSi Menu, except it has smoother edges.
  • Name display returns to the top screen in the DSi & 3DS themes, and the settings screen!
  • You can now press X to delete a game or folder. (Returning feature from TWLoader)
  • DSi theme: The icon drop down effect during screen fade-in, has been added!
  • The Moonshell Blue Moon theme has been added as an R4 sub-theme!
  • In the settings screen, alongside the L/R buttons to switch a page, you can now use the X/Y buttons as well.
    Useful, if your L/R buttons are broken. ;)
  • The settings screen now has translations!
    Text is loaded from NitroFS.
    (Translations contributed by @c-schuhmann, @edo9300, @XxPhoenix1996xX, and @xavimel)
  • You can now enable/disable async prefetch, if some games are broken with or without it.
    (Only works with Nightly bootstrap for now.)
  • "Reset Slot-1" has been changed to "Slot-1 launch method", a new option where you can select how DSiMenu++ will launch your Slot-1 card!
  • DSi users: You can now launch System Settings in the DSiMenu++ settings!
Bug fix
  • DSi/3DS theme: The extra 7 palette lines of an animated icon are no longer loaded, in order for icons to not appear white.
    Fell free to enable the "Animate DSi icons" feature again!

Wohooo!
Thanks a lot! :-D

What about overwrite boot.nds with your boot.nds? No need to update?
Mine was 263.5 KB . Your's is 329.5 KB

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Just want to give people a heads up, if your font looks weird on whatever theme you have set, change to another theme then change back. Should fix it.

Also, on another note, the name display font looks weird on the DSi Dark/SD Menu theme.
I have it set to purple and it shows white pixelation around it, just looks messy.

Edit: Here's a good luck at what it looks like when the font doesn't work right:
u0rlh7q.jpg
and apparently that white icon thing still happens, among other graphical bugs like the START text being distorted and whatever this is below:
9o9IojV.jpg

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wohooo!
Thanks a lot! :-D

What about overwrite boot.nds with your boot.nds? No need to update?
Mine was 263.5 KB . Your's is 329.5 KB
Yes, that needs to be updated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can anyone confirm that Wario Ware touched, all the House MD games and Jekyll and Hyde dsiware work with touch screen on the new release? If they are not working with touch input can I request the argv setup be reimplemented because that DID work.
If that we're to return, then we'd have to set-up DSiWare the hard way again, like forging the .tmds, where many people have no clue on how to do that, and is not really a user-friendly process, and one would likely mess that part up, and the error screen would show on the DSi, if it is messed up. :P

I'm wondering if the touch issue is due to the set language on the console.
Try settings it to English (if supported by the console).
If setting it to English doesn't fix it, or if your console doesn't have it, then just wait for an Unlaunch update to fix the touch issue.

Reactions: Tarmfot

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
Language settings already set to English but just to make sure I set it again to English. Exactly the same issue with those games. I would like confirmation from other users that this is happening for them too. Absolutely no problem with those games with the argv method. No one else has mentioned any problems relating to the touch screen with specific games. I need to know if the problem is just with my dsi or everyones (before I buy another dsi).

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Language settings already set to English but just to make sure I set it again to English. Exactly the same issue with those games. I would like confirmation from other users that this is happening for them too. Absolutely no problem with those games with the argv method. No one else has mentioned any problems relating to the touch screen with specific games. I need to know if the problem is just with my dsi or everyones (before I buy another dsi).
Ok, so I asked at a discord server, and one user reported:
ImJustARock said:
No, I tried with flipnote and it worked
I have a 1.4.5 DSi

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
So time to take a mallet to my dsi because flipnote studio white screens as well as the other games I mentioned having probs with the touch screen. Everything worked fine before unlaunch and dsimenu++ update

ToneCapone-RF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I was working on that I have both USA and EUR DSIWARE with TMD's and they was working perfect with the .argv system. This was possible with the help of the community for dumping there tmd's which I used to making these games work.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
on this update (5.2.0.2) Dr. Mario Express, A little bit of Dr. Mario express, Dr. Mario (iQue) get stuck at black screens & Dodogo! has touch screen error too. Hope unlaunch update fixes it."

THANK YOU @Robz8
  • "Reset Slot-1" has been changed to "Slot-1 launch method", a new option where you can select how DSiMenu++ will launch your Slot-1 card!
my R4SDHC 2013 and R4infinity 2016 cards work just fine with this update, no more messing around with .srldr files! :grog:

Last edited by siamese,

Barawer

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
With warioware i can use the touch screen to skip the cutscene, but after that i cant press start (or anything else)

Reactions: sion_zaphod

sion_zaphod

Trophies
XP
Country
With warioware i can use the touch screen to skip the cutscene, but after that i cant press start (or anything else)

Snap. I don't think anyone else is having problems though. I'm on firmware version 1.4.5 EUR. Both USA and EUR versions of Warioware touched have exactly the same problem. If no one except you and me have this problem I would like to know what is causing it.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Robz8 first of all thanks once again for all your hard work on all your various projects.

So I just wanted to give you some feedback on the latest 2 updates for dsimenu++. This feedback is coming from my prospective as a father of 2 young kids who to be quite honest with you are little shits (lol don't tell my wife I just said that)

First of all the new option to delete things from the sd card by pressing x really should have an option to be disabled preferably done in dsimenu++ options using a key combo of some sorts. (I have already had one of the little shits delete stuff I didn't want deleted)

2nd issue is using the dsi/3ds theme on the main menu when you select a game underneath the game it says start. To my kids this means press start to load the game I have lost count of how many times they press start then moan the game is not starting. Can we actually have the start button start the game and the A button be used for options or can you remove the actual bit that says start.

Next I want to talk about the change from dsiware Argv to dsiware.nds. The old Argv way was just more convenient for me an the kids because they knew they just pressed the down key to get to the dsiware then pressed A to load whatever game they wanted. Now I have to have folders showing (I don't like this as gives kids more chances to delete stuff the shouldn't) (also I personally don't like to have the folders showing as it just annoys me for some reason lol) also having to keep the y button held down for 2 secs confuses the hell out of the 2 little uns. So it would be nice if people had the option of either using Argv or .Dsi (plus people are having problems with some games using the new dsi method so another good reason to return agvs.

Ok so that's the kids out the way so here are some features for the future I personally would love to see included

1. A return of the clock to the main screen
2. A battery indicator on the main screen
3. Fttp file transfer built into the app

Thanks

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Robz8 first of all thanks once again for all your hard work on all your various projects.

So I just wanted to give you some feedback on the latest 2 updates for dsimenu++. This feedback is coming from my prospective as a father of 2 young kids who to be quite honest with you are little shits (lol don't tell my wife I just said that)

First of all the new option to delete things from the sd card by pressing x really should have an option to be disabled preferably done in dsimenu++ options using a key combo of some sorts. (I have already had one of the little shits delete stuff I didn't want deleted)

2nd issue is using the dsi/3ds theme on the main menu when you select a game underneath the game it says start. To my kids this means press start to load the game I have lost count of how many times they press start then moan the game is not starting. Can we actually have the start button start the game and the A button be used for options or can you remove the actual bit that says start.

Next I want to talk about the change from dsiware Argv to dsiware.nds. The old Argv way was just more convenient for me an the kids because they knew they just pressed the down key to get to the dsiware then pressed A to load whatever game they wanted. Now I have to have folders showing (I don't like this as gives kids more chances to delete stuff the shouldn't) (also I personally don't like to have the folders showing as it just annoys me for some reason lol) also having to keep the y button held down for 2 secs confuses the hell out of the 2 little uns. So it would be nice if people had the option of either using Argv or .Dsi (plus people are having problems with some games using the new dsi method so another good reason to return agvs.

Ok so that's the kids out the way so here are some features for the future I personally would love to see included

1. A return of the clock to the main screen
2. A battery indicator on the main screen
3. Fttp file transfer built into the app

Thanks

@Marko76 maybe for kids it would be better to set up the 3ds forwarders (see here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/, unless youre using a dsi, in which case... nvm) Also, in the settings there is an option to disable showing of folders.

That said, I do agree with some of what you are saying. the option to enable/disable the ability to delete stuff would be ideal, as well as making 'start' actually be start the game (and B to go to settings?) also to the other 3 options, but make hte battery be a % rather than bar!

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most emulators even automatically detect them now
    Yeah it's a good time to be alive lol
    Pi4 and Batocera works with them perfectly too
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see future tap to pair options like you hold it over a scanner and it just automatically pairs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No need for additional cords buttons or anything
    Hmmm yeah that is possible BT has an address like an IP
    Scan a QR code on your phone open a page with the controller and a QR code for the device, hit go and done
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One less latency issue for radio frequency
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even wifi pair opening just an app to sign is nice
    Yeah it could be hosted on the phone hmmm it's an idea Ken
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But could be bad for people with lower speeds but how many mbs would it really need to detect a button press
    Nearly nothing
    Most of it BT used
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's how I pair with uremum, I wave a $5 bill across her face, and instant link.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, lol