Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
after updating to 5.0.0 my flashcard gives to white screens running from DsiMenu++

tarjeta-r4-sdhc-dual-core-2013_mlm-o-4235647299_042013-jpg.3241

is there something i can do (besides buying a new flashcard) to make it work again?
Enable Reset Slot-1 Card in Settings

Reactions: siamese

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
tarjeta-r4-sdhc-dual-core-2013_mlm-o-4235647299_042013-jpg.3241
Enable Reset Slot-1 Card in Settings

it was enabled, 2 white screens is all i get. btw it ran smoothly on 4.0.0.
UPDATE: @Robz8 : i deleted slot1launch.srldr then renamed r4menu.srldr as slot1launch.srldr.
running "launch slot 1 card" from DSiMenu++ gets me to a r4 menu screen. selecting "launch slot 1 card" form there loads my flashcard again!! takes two steps but it WORKS SMOOTHLY.

Last edited by siamese,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: @Robz8 : i deleted slot1launch.srldr then renamed r4menu.srldr as slot1launch.srldr.
running "launch slot 1 card" from DSiMenu++ gets me to a r4 menu screen. selecting "launch slot 1 card" form there loads my flashcard again!! takes two steps but it WORKS SMOOTHLY.
This makes no sense. The R4 theme also uses "slot1launch.srldr" for Slot-1 launching.
Therefore, if you renamed "r4menu.srldr" to "slot1launch.srldr", and trying to launch Slot-1 in the R4 menu, the R4 menu would just be loaded again.
Are you sure you're using the latest DSiMenu++ version?

Last edited by RocketRobz,

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This makes no sense. The R4 theme also uses "slot1launch.srldr" for Slot-1 launching.
Therefore, if you renamed "r4menu.srldr" to "slot1launch.srldr", and trying to launch Slot-1 in the R4 menu, the R4 menu would just be loaded again.
Are you sure you're using the latest DSiMenu++ version?
i´m using 5.0.0 update. R4 menu appears, then i select the middle option, launch slot 1card, and then it loads.
i will try 5.1.0 when i get dsiware.nds files. do i need to erase all previous installed dsiware and then install dsiware.nds files?
i´m confused with the latest update installation. :unsure:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i´m using 5.0.0 update. R4 menu appears, then i select the middle option, launch slot 1card, and then it loads.
i will try 5.1.0 when i get dsiware.nds files. do i need to erase all previous installed dsiware and then install dsiware.nds files?
i´m confused with the latest update installation. :unsure:
You need to use appgen from the previous page to get your DSiWare as .nds.

EDIT: Instructions added to the first post.

Reactions: Tarmfot and siamese

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this better than TWLoader as of now? Or do I have to wait for a later version?
Can you explain "better" than TWLoader?
DSiMenu++ has box art display (as of latest version), has DSi, 3DS, and R4 themes, can show a custom photo on the top screen of the DSi theme (also as of latest version), has per game settings, the 3DS-side launcher has the DS/DSi boot screens, and rainbow LED setting.
That's all I can think of as of posting this. :P

Reactions: Tarmfot

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
just updated to 5.1.0. Again my slot card doesn´t load, so I deleted slot1launch.srldr then renamed r4menu.srldr as slot1launch.srldr.
R4 menu appears, then i select the middle option, launch slot 1card, and then it loads.

This makes no sense.
here´s proof of what happens

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just updated to 5.1.0. Again my slot card doesn´t load, so I deleted slot1launch.srldr then renamed r4menu.srldr as slot1launch.srldr.
R4 menu appears, then i select the middle option, launch slot 1card, and then it loads.

here´s proof of what happens

Your "r4menu.srldr" (renamed to "slot1launch.srldr") is out of date then.
I do not get what is happening in your video on my end.

Also, you could've asked me why your top screen photo is not being shown correctly. :P

EDIT: Welp, at least I now know the new Slot-1 launching method doesn't seem to work with some flashcards.

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Your "r4menu.srldr" is out of date then.
I do not get what is happening in your video on my end.

Also, you could've asked me why your top screen photo is not being shown correctly. :P

Yes it is, the R4Menu.srldr that i use is from your 4.4.0.1 update, the one that comes with 5.1.0 does not work at all nor slot1launch.srldr. Guess my flashcard sucks!

I know why the top screen is not being shown correctly: bad resize, i´m working on that :wacko:

Dr. Mario Express fails to load in DsiMenu++ 5.1.0. Guess its a compatibility issue, all the rest DsiWare.nds files i installed work like a charm,
thank you for your good work and fast answers. :bow:

Last edited by siamese,
Reactions: RocketRobz

Jimathy666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yea, I'm in the same boat, but I have a AP patched rom, white 1 + 2, black 1 + 2 all freeze in certain battles, namely the first starting battle...am I doing something wrong.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
EDIT: trying to run it on a New 3DS XL (EUR too) if that matters.
It actually shouldn't matter since the TWL basically functions the same between the old3DS and new3DS. That being said, it's always worth including on the rare chance that it does matter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah don't smoke cigarettes while pregnant smoke meth instead +1