Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, I encountered another glitch :hateit:

When I boot up a game, I get a white screen!
nds-bootstrap's SD card operations causes a crash with MiniTWLPayload (used by ugopwn), so that's normal for now.
You'll need sudokuhax to run retail games from SD card.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering, could you please add buttons on the main selection screen that allow you to change pages? I recently added sudokuhax to my dsi & I realized that I couldn't go beyond the first page because my R button doesn't respond when I press it (probably due to old age)...

siamese

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mario kart is the only rom that runs for me. Checking the compatibility list Magnetica, big brain academy and kirby squeak squad, among others work. First it creates the save file and then white screens, any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by siamese,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mario kart is the only rom that runs for me. Checking the compatibility list Magnetica, big brain academy and kirby squeak squad, among others work, it creates the save file and then white screens, any help would be appreciated.
Set Mario Kart as donor ROM, by pressing SELECT on it, and make sure donor ROM is on in settings.

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Mah boi i'm loving this, but one problem I have is I can't seem to import a .sav file to replace the one SRLoader creates. It's a perfectly working Pokemon Platinum save that was even verified and exported via PKHex. The rom loads fine once MKDS is set as the doner, but with the replaced save it doesn't even try to load, just stays white which is not right since I have Verbose output enabled.

I would appreciate it if you could help me with this, just messing around with it soo

Using Sudokuhax btw

Last edited by Boured, , Reason: Added used exploit

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Robz8 Mah boi i'm loving this, but one problem I have is I can't seem to import a .sav file to replace the one SRLoader creates. It's a perfectly working Pokemon Platinum save that was even verified and exported via PKHex. The rom loads fine once MKDS is set as the doner, but with the replaced save it doesn't even try to load, just stays white which is not right since I have Verbose output enabled.

I would appreciate it if you could help me with this, just messing around with it soo

Using Sudokuhax btw
If you don't see the verbose output, try running the ROM again.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I just installed sudokuhax and then put the srloader files in my SD card, but whenever I boot into srloader there are a couple of graphical glitches, one of them looks like a doted line that runs vertically in the top screen and some banners don't display correctly, is this normal?, also, some ds games don't boot like they do on twloader on 3ds, do they have different compatibility? I've already put Mario kart DS as donor ROM.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, I just installed sudokuhax and then put the srloader files in my SD card, but whenever I boot into srloader there are a couple of graphical glitches, one of them looks like a doted line that runs vertically in the top screen and some banners don't display correctly, is this normal?
For now, yes. I haven't noticed a dotted line.
also, some ds games don't boot like they do on twloader on 3ds, do they have different compatibility? I've already put Mario kart DS as donor ROM.
The DSiWarehax version of bootstrap is outdated.

Reactions: lordkaos

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, i was going to create a topic and tag @Robz8 but this might do it as well.
i got SudokuHax isntalled and running without any issues, however, im kinda confused on all the bootstrap terms.
SRLoader uses dsiware-bootstrap.nds to boot homebrew when the Y button is pressed.
i assume it uses release-bootstrap.nds when launching a retail game holding the a button.

When i try to launch those files as a game/homebrew, as example, running dsiware-bootstrap.nds as boot.ds when running sudokuhax, i always get "fatInitDefault crashed!"
So, i want to try and understand how this work, as well as the excel/google spreadsheet document, states that NeoDs works fine, and i get a Crash or a FatInit failed.
GBAEMU4DS [Non hbmenu version] - Where can i find this one? so i can test it?
LolSnes - Hangs on White Screen / Black Screen with leds turned on.

NesDS 1.3c its the only one that runs, 1.3d crashes with a red screen and white letters.

Am i missing something, am i suppose to run dsiware-bootstrap.nds as a standalone software, due the issues with srloader? cant even launch it due the fatinitdefault crashed.

So my question is, is there something im missing in order to play those homebrew? since they appear on green on the google spreadsheet.

D

Deleted User

Alright, i was going to create a topic and tag @Robz8 but this might do it as well.
i got SudokuHax isntalled and running without any issues, however, im kinda confused on all the bootstrap terms.
SRLoader uses dsiware-bootstrap.nds to boot homebrew when the Y button is pressed.
i assume it uses release-bootstrap.nds when launching a retail game holding the a button.

When i try to launch those files as a game/homebrew, as example, running dsiware-bootstrap.nds as boot.ds when running sudokuhax, i always get "fatInitDefault crashed!"
So, i want to try and understand how this work, as well as the excel/google spreadsheet document, states that NeoDs works fine, and i get a Crash or a FatInit failed.
GBAEMU4DS [Non hbmenu version] - Where can i find this one? so i can test it?
LolSnes - Hangs on White Screen / Black Screen with leds turned on.

NesDS 1.3c its the only one that runs, 1.3d crashes with a red screen and white letters.

Am i missing something, am i suppose to run dsiware-bootstrap.nds as a standalone software, due the issues with srloader? cant even launch it due the fatinitdefault crashed.

So my question is, is there something im missing in order to play those homebrew? since they appear on green on the google spreadsheet.
Do you know of GBARunner2 and SnemulDS?
GBARunner2 is an GBA Interpreter for the DS with an already high compatibility rate.
SnemulDS is an SNES Emulator and much more advanced compared to LolSnes.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know of GBARunner2 and SnemulDS?
GBARunner2 is an GBA Interpreter for the DS with an already high compatibility rate.
SnemulDS is an SNES Emulator and much more advanced compared to LolSnes.
Know both of them pretty much.
SnemulDS does nto load, hangs on fat init, which is already reported on the spreadsheet, and GBARunner2, also hangs with both screens black. using SRLoader with Y button, which i think it means using dsi-ndsbootstrap.nds to run them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Oh God no :ohnoes:
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pineapple is the safe word?
    But you said pine apple...
    Ughh gonna be bored today, class for new job has a lot of networking material and I'm certified in that already...
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Peen apple.
    +1
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog: