Homebrew DS Homebrew ideas

Sho Minamimoto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
why won't someone make resident evil hombrew for the ds? resident evil deadly silence was satisfying enough for those who wanted to relieve the original game, but the controls, the voice acting and the live-action cut scenes just didn't do us proud. i dont know how to make a homebrew (someone teach me how in a video) but if i did, this would be one of the first things i'd be making.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There are two very simple (i think, but I'm no programmer) ideas I have:
1. An app which would be set to auto-boot on cards that would load a different homebrew depending on what button was held during loading, e.g. Right for card firmware, left for moonshell, up for DSOrganize etc. (Someone made one but I don't think its been released. Here's a YouTube video, explains what i mean) -
2. An app which loads itself into RAM, then prompts user to remove and replace DS card, and press A, and it will then boot new card. Useful for booting old cards on DSi. (For help on this one, perhaps look at NitroHax source, it can load DS cards.)

Dunno if these are harder than I expect, but they seem reasonably simple to me. I'm currently trying to learn C++, once I do, I'll maybe try these, but if someone else does them first, sweet!

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
There are two very simple (i think, but I'm no programmer) ideas I have:
1. An app which would be set to auto-boot on cards that would load a different homebrew depending on what button was held during loading, e.g. Right for card firmware, left for moonshell, up for DSOrganize etc. (Someone made one but I don't think its been released. Here's a YouTube video, explains what i mean) -
2. An app which loads itself into RAM, then prompts user to remove and replace DS card, and press A, and it will then boot new card. Useful for booting old cards on DSi. (For help on this one, perhaps look at NitroHax source, it can load DS cards.)

Dunno if these are harder than I expect, but they seem reasonably simple to me. I'm currently trying to learn C++, once I do, I'll maybe try these, but if someone else does them first, sweet!
first one sounds great. I dont think the second one would be possible

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Several months ago someone was claiming to have done exactly that. Here's the video that went around back then:

It's not just a homebrew but an entire hardware device for swapping cards, but I can't see any reason why any DSi card (e.g. Acekard 2) couldn't implement something similar.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe that is just a DSi flashcart booting a certain homebrew, and therefore it should be possible to do. But in an indirect way, that video was the inspiration for me suggesting this. On another thread a guy mentioned he'd seen a video doing this(i assume the same video) and that prompted me to request it here, in the hope a developer would see it and do it. I don't actually have a DSi, so it'd be no use to me, but I'm sure others would find it useful. If I ever manage to learn enough C++, I'll try to code it myself, but I dunno if that'll happen anytime soon (actually I do know - it wont lol)

Islay

Trophies
XP
Country
This is crazy and would need to be edited to work with each card,My idea is a wallpaper tool were you could put images into a folder throw them together, edited them resize them and place them were there screen goes. and get a full view of what it looks like as you going.

also Gimp on the DS would be cool ?

most likely not doable , and I can't codes, I just thought there ideas were cool.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
DanTheManMS said:
Regarding the "app to boot other cards" idea, this might work. Made by Chishm, who made NitroHax, and so if NitroHax doesn't work on the DSi then perhaps this won't as well, but it's worth a shot.

http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=14039

Pretty interesting, works like it should on DS/DSLite (I can boot commercial games/flashcards like AK2).

But on DSi, white screens, for flashcards (Dsi compatible or not) AND for commercial games.

Maybe nintendo patched this exploit, to force user to come back to the start menu and block the cards.

Stay a pretty nice homebrew to kinda "hot-start" commercial games from a flashcard.
smile.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hmm, i cant get it to work on my DS lite, i boot it with my max media dock, then remove the no pass, stick in Soul Bubbles and press A, but nothing happens. Any ideas? Not really necessary like, but i want to do it for the bant.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there is a map editor. its on PC. build a bridge and GET OVER IT! don't hijack other threads, i people liked your idea they'd post in your thread. there is a map editor already, attentions should be on apps which do not yet exist at all, IMO. sorry, but there's no need for a map editor for Animal Crossing that runs on DS, i believe it'd be very fiddly on DS compared to PC and, well, there are other things which would benefit more people if you ask me.

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be a great idea no more having to switch sd cards around. you will be able to do straight to your ds so i don't see why your having a fit about it.
wacko.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
soz, just bored and you posted that already in a different thread, don't see why that isn't enough. maybe was a bit harsh though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey :) If I book mark the topic where can I read them?