Homebrew DS Heretic

CalebW

Fellow Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble compiling the .ds.gba rom, it won't execute the "copy dsHereticCopy.ds.gba /B + hereticfs.wad /B dsHeretic.ds.gba" line correctly. So could someone who has already compiled it upload it and pm me the link?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
you are compiling from sources or you are unable to use the included .bat file to make the .ds.gba file?

if the second is the case then no one can send you the file as it will include the copyrighted wad and music.

just follow the instructions:

To install:
Unzip entire contents into a directory.

Place YOUR Heretic Wad in that directory and make sure it is called Heretic.wad
NOTE: The shareware wad is named Heretic1.wad. You must rename it (or edit the "make_hereticfs.bat" file).

Unzip gbfs into the directory

Execute "make_dsHeretic.bat"
This will create dsHeretic.ds.gba

Flash dsHeretic.ds.gba onto your gba cart

Run it using PassMe/Wifime/FlashMe

Enjoy!

For music:
Unzip the .raw music files into your dsHeretic directory.

Execute "make_dsHeretic_with_music.bat"
This will create dsHeretic.ds.gba

Flash dsHeretic.ds.gba onto your gba cart

Run it using PassMe/Wifime/FlashMe

-another world

CalebW

Fellow Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm unable to use the bat file to make the .ds.gba file, I have followed the instructions but it won't complete the last step...

CalebW

Fellow Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to copy the dsHereticCopy.ds.gba and hereticfs.wad files into a new file called dsHeretic.ds.gba, the command is "copy dsHereticCopy.ds.gba /B + hereticfs.wad /B dsHeretic.ds.gba" ,but it always says "dsHeretic.ds.gba does not exist" and it creates a file called "+".

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can only reiterate my previous post at this point. I suggest you read it again and possibly if there is anything that needs to somehow be clarified in what I said, feel free to ask.
What I can tell you about your current situation is that NOBODY is going to be able to solve your problem unless you put in some more effort besides running the .bat file and telling the output. You are going to have to check the .bat file and see what step is failing to give you the .ds.gba...
This means you may need to look up a reference sheet for commandline and try to find what is wrong with your setup that the .bat file requires.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never used DS Heretic before, but that copy syntax doesn't seem right. Try:
Code:
copy /b dsHereticCopy.ds.gba + hereticfs.wad dsHeretic.ds.gba

CalebW

Fellow Temper
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did everything right, I'm not a newbie when it comes to computers. I'm using wine in Linux Mint so wine may not be emulating windows very well for this .bat file or something...

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
instead of trying to run ms dos commands in linux, why not just figure out the linux equivalent for the commands in the bat file? cat is the same as copy /b file1+file2 isn't it? (cat fileA fileB > ResultFile). if that works you would just need to figure out how to run the gbfs command.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up