Gaming Ds Functionality

MaeButArt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Ds functionality on my 3ds doesn't work. My Ds download play doesn't work, Dsiware games don't work and Ds games don't work. I'm running the latest software version on a Old Nintendo 3ds XL with no custom firmware, just steelhax. But about a year ago I incorrectly tried to install CFW, so that's probably the root of the problem

Blaacky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is that I want to hack my 3ds in the firmware 11.8 but the ds functionality does’nt work

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pls i need help

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
though if your system is running a firmware past 11.3 you have to hardmod
Why hardmod? Of course it works, but requires good soldering skills.

@MaeButArt and @Blaacky: You have two options left, the already mentioned hardmod, and ntrboot with a compatible flashcard. The only pure software exploit for firmware >= 11.4 requires the DS mode to be functional. If you do not have a flashcard, get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus. See nds-card.com or mod3dscard.com.
I would recommend ntrboot if you're not good at soldering.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay but he doesnt have a solution for restore ds mode on 11.8 pls
You can restore the DS mode once you have cfw. It is the only way (at least as far as I know).
  1. Get cfw (with any of the two methods that are left).
  2. Repair DS-mode with the already mentioned page of the guide.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why hardmod? Of course it works, but requires good soldering skills.

@MaeButArt and @Blaacky: You have two options left, the already mentioned hardmod, and ntrboot with a compatible flashcard. The only pure software exploit for firmware >= 11.4 requires the DS mode to be functional. If you do not have a flashcard, get the R4i Gold 3DS Plus. See nds-card.com or mod3dscard.com.
I would recommend ntrboot if you're not good at soldering.
well you need to have DS functionality to use NTRBoot

D

Deleted User

well you need to have DS functionality to use NTRBoot
No you don't, r4igold plus has a ntrboot switcher, eliminating the need to flash it via ds mode.

And if you have a ds/dsi/second 3ds. You could also then just buy a r4igold rts plus (which is cheaper. Kind of.) and then use the working ds dsi or 3ds to flash it. Plus ds's are pretty common, you likely have a friend who owns one.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you don't, r4igold plus has a ntrboot switcher, eliminating the need to flash it via ds mode.

And if you have a ds/dsi/second 3ds. You could also then just buy a r4igold rts plus (which is cheaper. Kind of.) and then use the working ds dsi or 3ds to flash it. Plus ds's are pretty common, you likely have a friend who owns one.
good point

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1