Hacking DS Emulator

Arendo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jacobeian said:
This was probably a fake video , does not seem very realistic to be so advanced so quickly then no more news

However, it seems someone started working on a DeSmuMe port on the Wii/SDL:
http://arikadosblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/q...wii-update.html

interesting, although they're on hold, Arikado says they're already done with the front-end part of the emulator, they only need an updated devkitpro...
let's hope they can get back to work soon
wink.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
B-Blue said:
danny600kill said:
yeh im not believing this as when he starts up the HBC you can see a mouse in the right side of the screen so i just think hes used his tv as pc screen which is really simple then just used and pc ds emulator

but if its real then wow kwl

that's not a mouse!
go start the HBC channel and you'll see that you have the same arrow too...

EDIT:
25iys0n.png

2ewe4ur.png

/Detective :3

lol

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
just to put a end to this speculation...

Linkinworm both discussed and approached me regarding this project upto a month ago now in regards to getting together a team to port DSONPSP for the Wii

after the two of us messing about with it for a few days i backed away after hitting my wall of talent lol

Linkin later informed me he was quite close to getting it to compile/work and last time i conferred with him the only issues his complile was giving was a few #include errors which was probably the difference between wii and psp homebrew libs

Linkin is currently studying Video Game design at College and has full access to all major SDK's, he also spent alot of time close to Waninkoko as his personal beta tester, how much do you think he learned in the process?

i fully believe this is both plausable and probable that he is gonna suprise us all
smile.gif

hope to see a release soon Linkinworm dude keep up the good work

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
kLiNiKaL said:
just to put a end to this speculation...

Linkinworm both discussed and approached me regarding this project upto a month ago now in regards to getting together a team to port DSONPSP for the Wii

after the two of us messing about with it for a few days i backed away after hitting my wall of talent lol

Linkin later informed me he was quite close to getting it to compile/work and last time i conferred with him the only issues his complile was giving was a few #include errors which was probably the difference between wii and psp homebrew libs

DSONPSP is actually a straight (i.e unoptimized) port of DSEMUME and it also use SDL so both projects (Arikado and this) are very similar, they probably both thought it would be easy to just compile with the SDL Wii port but got stuck because nothing is never SO simple...

QUOTE said:
Linkin is currently studying Video Game design at College and has full access to all major SDK's, he also spent alot of time close to Waninkoko as his personal beta tester, how much do you think he learned in the process?

sadly, having access to the official nintendo SDK won't help you in porting an emulator that uses SDL, many people have access to it (illegally) and nothing has ever been released with this because it's easier to just use libogc/devkitpro which has exactly the same capabilities...

i fully believe this is both plausable and probable that he is gonna suprise us all
smile.gif

hope to see a release soon Linkinworm dude keep up the good work

well, if he said he couldn't compile the code a month ago , how can we believe this video he posted 6 months ago with a game running perfectly can be true ? I'm not even sure Pokemon can run so well in DSEMUME so to me this was definitively a joke....

chevygirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been anymore progress on the DS Emulator? Is there a download link for it? Would love to play Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars for DS on the Wii.

mooseknuckle2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. this could be quite good for games like New Super Mario Bros. and Lego Star Wars which have little to no need of the touchscreen. I hope this progresses.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did