DS #DSi 0158: SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter (Europe)

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Nimbus said:
Oh and the voice acting better either be

A) Same as the Japanese
B) Not some crappy half-baked attempt

Finally though, once I get my hands on my physical copy, I'll finally be able to play the Successor to Tail Concerto....I loved Tail Concerto...and I was such a fool for selling my copy along with my PSX....God just mentioning it myself makes me feel dumb.

Furries+Mechs=Awesome!

The opening has the same song. And there isn't really voice acting, just grunts and simple noises, but they do seem to be from the Japanese version.

The only recognizable dialogue I heard was "Salut" from Red every once and awhile. The rest is sort of Sim-styled nonsense words as far as I could tell. I'm sure pareidolia will ensure that some whack job Christian fundamentalist family hears ALLAH IS MIGHTY somewhere in there. Because freedom of religion only applies if you are not brown in America.
God, I hope not.

Tai Le Ree

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
doyama said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Nimbus said:

A) Same as the Japanese

Finally though, once I get my hands on my physical copy, I'll finally be able to play the Successor to Tail Concerto....I loved Tail Concerto...and I was such a fool for selling my copy along with my PSX....God just mentioning it myself makes me feel dumb.

Furries+Mechs=Awesome!

The opening has the same song. And there isn't really voice acting, just grunts and simple noises, but they do seem to be from the Japanese version.

The only recognizable dialogue I heard was "Salut" from Red every once and awhile. The rest is sort of Sim-styled nonsense words as far as I could tell. I'm sure pareidolia will ensure that some whack job Christian fundamentalist family hears ALLAH IS MIGHTY somewhere in there. Because freedom of religion only applies if you are not brown in America.
God, I hope not.
I hope so.
With video games any publicity is good publicity.
I want this game to get enough sells for a sequal.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tai Le Ree said:
I hope so.
I don't know what you mean by "all publicity is good". If a game dev finds out that they're getting criticized on some of the biggest media outlets in America, they're likely gonna stop doing what they're doing and change direction. Especially for a game as small as this.

Terrorist threats would make things even worse.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reported ok on EZ5i with the special mode enabled.
wink.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Tai Le Ree said:
I hope so.
In the case of weirdos like me who go out of their way to buy controversial games just to find out what's all the huff is about, it's great.
But for game developers, primary small ones like this any bad publicity could cause them to go out of their way to fix that problem.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone tell me just how much furry stuff there is in this game?

i absolutely despise this furry subculture that started up and i would like to know what kind of furry stuff is in this game. no disrespect if you are a furry, it's just really weird you must admit.

thank you.

shadowmanwkp

Your roms are on another rom site
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DigitalDeviant said:
yay something that looks interesting, any good reviews for this one? Is it based on any previous intellectual property?

It's meant to be a spiritual successor of this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail_Concerto
In fact, there's a whole mission based on some characters from that game/

I haven't checked the reviews yet, but I enjoyed the game very much, despite the furry overload.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shadowmanwkp said:
DigitalDeviant said:
yay something that looks interesting, any good reviews for this one? Is it based on any previous intellectual property?

It's meant to be a spiritual successor of this game: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tail_Concerto
In fact, there's a whole mission based on some characters from that game/

I haven't checked the reviews yet, but I enjoyed the game very much, despite the furry overload.

Thanks for the heads up, this would probably be the first time I'll be dusting off my ds lite/acekard/r4 in months.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chesskid1 said:

i absolutely despise this furry subculture that started up and i would like to know what kind of furry stuff is in this game. no disrespect if you are a furry, it's just really weird you must admit.

thank you.

From what little I could play of it (thanks to the AP
dry.gif
), it is no more "furry" than a game like Star Fox. It's just that they had to do that "Nintendo thing" where the characters just happen to be talking animals. I just try to ignore that crap if the game is decent in its gameplay. For me, it's not the "furry" sub-culture that bothers me so much (though I'm not a fan of that either), it's more the cutesy factor that annoys me. I HATE the cutesy flower-and-bunny atmosphere of so many DS games. It really kills the enjoyment for me. But this game doesn't seem like they went overly "cutesy" with it, it just has animal characters, for whatever ungodly reason.

But like I said, the AP stops me from playing far enough to really know for sure. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Chesskid1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply, raydar.

i don't mind characters like starfox for example, but people have started saying things like there's furry fan service in this game and sexy animals in this game on the last couple pages and i would rather not see that lol.

if anyone has played it more indepth and has more to add, i would appreciate it.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Chesskid1 said:

thank you.

Whoa! Are you saying you never watched cartoons with anthropomorphized animals when you were a kid?

Kanenden

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
doyama said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
Nimbus said:

A) Same as the Japanese

Furries+Mechs=Awesome!

As far as I went (only finished the prologue), they weren't "Sim-styled nonsense", but french words.
biggrin.gif

You've already recognized "Salut", but there's also "Sapristi", and I don't remember what Chocolat said... shame on me.
All these words were pronounced with japanese accent. Slight, but noticeable when you're used to it.

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jax said:
Chesskid1 said:

thank you.

Whoa! Are you saying you never watched cartoons with anthropomorphized animals when you were a kid?
It could be that he's still a kid. That's why he thinks anthropomorphic animals culture just happened recently.
I don't recall seeing many shows with anthropomorphic animals in the last decade as much as I do in the 80s.
Kids these days grow up watching shows like Powerpuff Girls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Ed, Edd n Eddy... which anthropomorphic animals are rarely focused/presented.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare