all ripped files are encoded(?) (solatorobo)

yuffy_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to get all sounds, textures, music, sprites, and movies from solatorobo red the hunter but when i use the programs like tinke i get a bunch of .ccb files
when i attempt to open any of these files in coppercube the program i assume the game was made in or like some sort of engine it says not a coppercube file
i assumed it was impossible to separate any file then but using vgmtrans it gave me the music without issues and in mp3 file

really confused no idea how to use the pixel pattern stuff in programs like crystaltile2 if i could get some help that would be much appreciated

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of coppercube and while it appears to be an engine I don't know that it was ported to the DS (the current website nor https://web.archive.org/web/20090428114743/http://www.ambiera.com/coppercube and following snapshops appear to mention the DS either).

Games using custom archives on the other hand is well documented, and that can include sticking audio files in them (though that is actually quite rare) which vgmtrans and such will probably just search for the format header and rip it from that instead.

I have not got time to go looking at the game right now (don't think I have pulled it apart before but something is ringing a bell). Usual way to pull such formats apart is either to look at them and figure out what is going on (you need a means to tell where the files are, usually pointers or file sizes, and everything else is so much bonus content but often includes names, extra data (subdirectories, compressed vs not and plenty more in actual formats rather than archives), sizes (pointers are great and all but if you can read a size rather than calculating it then so much the better) or to find a known file ( https://www.romhacking.net/documents/[469]nds_formats.htm , indeed if SDAT is hidden in there somewhere that is a good choice of file as it will likely be large and not compressed ) and figure out what references it and move sideways from there.

Crystaltile2 then.
On the left are settings. The four most useful ones for most DS work are tile height (how many rows before you start a new tile), tile width (how many columns as it were before you start a new tile, though there is also how many tiles before it starts a new line), location (which you can also set by double clicking in the DS file system window, the DS icon on the top right of the buttons bar brings that up. Also in the status bar on the right I think it was it tells you what file the cursor belongs to) and tile mode -- different consoles use different modes of displaying graphics with the DS following on from the GBA in using mostly GBA 4bpp and 8bpp (1bbp and Xbpp are rarer, 1bpp normally only being seen in fonts as technically it is a type of compression). Others certainly have their uses and what help to make CT2 one of the better tile editors out there but cross that bridge as and when.
You can also play with the shift button and arrow keys to change various options.
Game console graphics are rarely a list of pixels of specific colour, instead it is more like paint by numbers where you have a key (palette in gaming parlance, hence palette swap for same graphics on enemy but different colours). Where you find the palettes is a big trick. You can use premade ones and hope you find something (often work well, especially the gradient ones), rip it from memory when the data you want is active, find it in the ROM (take said memory data and search the ROM for it -- palettes are usually too small to bother compressing, and tend to also be nearby to the graphics they deal with) or maybe have it loaded in (see NCLR in the known formats link before). If you find the palette you want in the ROM (or you injected it in somewhere) then you will have to visit the hex window, down the bottom of the options will be data-palette and palette-data, these will respectively grab the data from where you have the cursor and put it in the palette and take the palette and put it in the data.
You can also export the image and try to edit it in a more conventional editor before importing it back but know what you are doing there (see indexed images, and you will want to import the palette, that or know exactly what you are doing and make sure you don't use gradients or anything like that which create new colours unless you are also willing to encode said new colours in the palette and deal with any fallout from that).
I have a few more worked examples in https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/

yuffy_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
indeed if SDAT is hidden in there somewhere that is a good choice of file as it will likely be large and not compressed ) and figure out what references it and move sideways from there.
didnt expect a response from the one and only FAST6191 themselves (seen you alot when trying to look up tip for getting file from a nds rom)

me and my slightly more tech savvy (although no more knowledgeable on the subject) friend managed to find file "\root\sound\snddata.sdat" (8.7mb for the ,sdat file) root being the folder name of the created extraction from tinke
we found something on github called SDATtool and using this tool this is when my friend did most of the work and i kept loosing focus cause sleepy we got a folder called "snddata"
inside this folder was fileblock.json and infoblock.json then a ton of either abbreviated or some sort of encrypted file names of .swav files and using another converter i managed to turn some in playable .wav files strange thing is they (from the limited amount i have tried) gave me seemingly random sounds that i dont even think are in the game

sorry i dont have anymore infomation this is way out of my usual area of expertise but ive figured my way out (with help ofc) from situations like this before

thank you for being patient and helping noobs like me i will try again tonight when my friend is available again

yuffy_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
using console tool it seems to be the only thing that can open .ccb files (cyber connect 2 batch files) but it wont let me save anything and its stuck in lz77 compression inside the ccb files and cannot be reached by any decompressor

Last edited by yuffy_,

yuffy_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i convert .ccb files which the only program i found that can veiw them is console tools but idk what to do from there ik this doesnt give much information but leave a reply or question and i will get back with alot more information just cant think of all the useful sp3ecifics off the top my head

Attachments

• solatorobo voices.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 61

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh