DS #DSi 0158: SolatoRobo: Red the Hunter (Europe)

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mk.2 said:
Jax said:
Chesskid1 said:
can someone tell me just how much furry stuff there is in this game?

i absolutely despise this furry subculture that started up and i would like to know what kind of furry stuff is in this game. no disrespect if you are a furry, it's just really weird you must admit.

thank you.

Whoa! Are you saying you never watched cartoons with anthropomorphized animals when you were a kid?
It could be that he's still a kid. That's why he thinks anthropomorphic animals culture just happened recently.
I don't recall seeing many shows with anthropomorphic animals in the last decade as much as I do in the 80s.
Kids these days grow up watching shows like Powerpuff Girls, Yu-Gi-Oh, Ed, Edd n Eddy... which anthropomorphic animals are rarely focused/presented.

they never give those shows anymore!! Wish they did.

anyway I remember thundercatz growing up....

naked%20thundercats.jpg

edit sry on topic what is the big deal about "furry's" as people call 'em?

Elincia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly Kanenden. There is also "nom d'un chien". This game really has bonds with french culture, the same way that Tail Concerto ten years ago.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Rayder said:
it just has animal characters, for whatever ungodly reason.
Because normal human characters are just so boring.

Thing is though, DS games rarely even make human characters that look "normal". Male humans in games that play a tough guy character, but look like a girl is not normal to me.

Similarly, a human female character playing a warrior, but dressed in a bikini she barely fits in isn't normal either. But at least that's a little bit more exciting than a talking animal.
wink.gif

ANYWAY.....any news on an AP fix yet? I'm really bored (as should be fairly obvious by now). It's not like TC will be expeditious about a firmware update, I'm sure.

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
Male humans in games that play a tough guy character, but look like a girl is not normal to me.

Similarly, a human female character playing a warrior, but dressed in a bikini she barely fits in isn't normal either. But at least that's a little bit more exciting than a talking animal.
wink.gif
Different cultures appreciate different things. Unrealistic overly muscular guys are not normal as well but they are preferred in western cultures (Mostly American). Most cultures seem to agree on females with fewer clothes though.

Edit: change link to original source of video

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mk.2 said:
Rayder said:
Male humans in games that play a tough guy character, but look like a girl is not normal to me.

wink.gif
Different cultures appreciate different things. Unrealistic overly muscular guys are not normal as well but they are preferred in western cultures (Mostly American). Most cultures seem to agree on females with fewer clothes though.

That video is hilarious!!! so little views! why?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
mk.2 said:
Rayder said:

wink.gif

It's from another site and has ".mp4" in it's name. It's just a reupload by some fan.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
DigitalDeviant said:
mk.2 said:
Rayder said:

wink.gif

It's from another site and has ".mp4" in it's name. It's just a reupload by some fan.

oh (duh) well at least its on youtube now...

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
Rayder said:

Thing is though, DS games rarely even make human characters that look "normal". Male humans in games that play a tough guy character, but look like a girl is not normal to me.

wink.gif

ANYWAY.....any news on an AP fix yet? I'm really bored (as should be fairly obvious by now). It's not like TC will be expeditious about a firmware update, I'm sure.
Well, the Ap fix for R4 Wood came out no long ago, and I just checked it, instead of "You got nothing" for the first item, I got "300 Rings".

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

This....is....going...in...my....sig...or...something.

But in all honesty, nothing wrong with the game. Not like anything that NCIS, the Media, G4 (God I hate that show to begin with), has made furries out to be. It's just good clean Furries driving/piloting Mechs.

I suggest playing Tail Concerto first though, Solatorobo is technically it's spiritual successor. I won't spoil this game any further, it's funny too as I was lent the Japanese version a week after it came out over there from a friend that had imported it over here, apparently she didn't read that it wouldn't work in her DSi (Either that or she couldn't figure out how to play it), whatever the case I played it and loved it, she seems to keep forgetting to have me give it back to her. I'll have to give it her back after I get my European copy (Thank god I still have two DSLites and a DSPhat!)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Rayder said:
Rayder said:

wink.gif

This maybe true, but if it wasn't for the furry characters this wouldn't be that original of a game.

On topic; being that I didn't want to wait till September for the American release (which I will buy when it comes out) I pirated this copy till then.
I have been playing since the Wood update and I have to say, this is quite a fun game. The Characters are pretty interesting, the story looks like it's going to be better than most DS game stories, the graphics actually aren't that bad, combat is fun, and overall I love one feature. They allow you to skip the tutorials! A feature I wish was in most RPG's.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DigitalDeviant said:
what does the ap in this game specifically?

Well as mentioned in earlier posts, the AP apparently on

Wood (Sorry, I can't find a Wood Icon!)
sleep.gif

Can Play....but...
Cannot save.
Cannot collect items.
Cannot collect Key Items.
Cannot advance further.

icon37.gif
DSTwo
Absolutely no issues
yaynds.gif
(Gee what a Suprise...
rolleyes.gif
)

icon33.gif
M3DSReal
Airpirate545 reports it doesn't work at all, or at least that's what his post implies.

Cant say for sure on the other ones...for once I'm actually importing a cartridge. I think it's been two full years since I did that.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nimbus said:
DigitalDeviant said:

sleep.gif

Can Play....but...
Cannot save.
Cannot collect items.
Cannot advance further.
Recent Wood update fixed that: here also why not just use the R4 icon?
icon36.gif

Doesn't seem to load saved games on AKAIO, but it does load and save on Supercard DSonei

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Chesskid1 said:
can someone tell me just how much furry stuff there is in this game?

i absolutely despise this furry subculture that started up and i would like to know what kind of furry stuff is in this game. no disrespect if you are a furry, it's just really weird you must admit.

thank you.
I've played the game for an hour and I haven't seen anything stereotypical of the furry community other than appearances of all the characters/NPCs.

QUOTE(A Gay Little Catboy @ Jun 29 2011, 08:50 PM) why not just use the R4 icon?
icon36.gif
Because Wood could mean either Wood R4 or Wood RPG, one of which is for R4 cards and the other for Acekard RPG cards. Using either icon would only be half correct.

airpirate545

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nimbus said:
DigitalDeviant said:

sleep.gif

Can Play....but...
Cannot save.
Cannot collect items.
Cannot advance further.

icon37.gif
DSTwo
Absolutely no issues
yaynds.gif
(Gee what a Suprise...
rolleyes.gif
)

icon33.gif
M3DSReal
Airpirate545 reports it doesn't work at all, or at least that's what his post implies.

Cant say for sure on the other ones...for once I'm actually importing a cartridge. I think it's been two full years since I did that.

Oh sorry, the game loads for sure, but it has the same AP issues as Wood before the recent update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.