DS #DSi 0097: The Sims 3 (Europe)

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AcidAce,

Can you send me your cheats.dat? The ones out there don't seem to recognize the encrypted rom. Would like to play this on iEdge. Thanks!

AcidAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anton123 said:
AcidAce,

Can you send me your cheats.dat? The ones out there don't seem to recognize the encrypted rom. Would like to play this on iEdge. Thanks!
um it depends the one i used was the normal rom encrypted it then i put the nesserary cheats in the cheats.dat using r4cce.... what rom did you use might use the prepatched rom depends

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AcidAce said:
anton123 said:
AcidAce,

um it depends the one i used was the normal rom encrypted it then i put the nesserary cheats in the cheats.dat using r4cce.... what rom did you use might use the prepatched rom depends

I used the prepatched rom, for what it's worth. I am not sure how to extract the game id. I'll PM the game id to you if I can find out how.

When you say you edited the cheats.dat, does it mean I can edit the cheats.dat file directly using r4cce?

AcidAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anton123 said:
AcidAce said:
anton123 said:
AcidAce,

I used the prepatched rom, for what it's worth. I am not sure how to extract the game id. I'll PM the game id to you if I can find out how.

When you say you edited the cheats.dat, does it mean I can edit the cheats.dat file directly using r4cce?
Yes you can edit it with the right codes for the wanted cheat....

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AcidAce said:
anton123 said:
AcidAce said:
anton123 said:
AcidAce,

Yes you can edit it with the right codes for the wanted cheat....

Thanks. Figured it out.

Kixy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rickmiraldo said:
Kixy said:
rickmiraldo said:
I have a DS Lite with AKAIO 1.8.1 and I played the first time without Anti-Piracy enabled and the game kept freezing in the saving screens. Then I turned on the Anti-Piracy thing and I was able to play with no apparent APs twice yesterday. However, when I loaded up the game today I got the AP protection, in the same save game I was playing yesterday: Sim collapsing after work, starving to death, refuses to do anything, etc... I will try to play again later and see what happens...

(AKAIO 1.8.1)

A Sim/save created without Bypass Anti-Piracy enabled will always be affected by the mood swings/need issues.

Solution: Delete the save file, and start the game again with Bypass Anti-Piracy enabled.
I just created another save file with Anti-piracy enabled and still got the mood changes. My Sim was sleeping and his tiredness bar just kept going lower and lower. I'm out of ideas to try... =(

Apologies - starting fresh worked for me (with AAP enabled).

However when I saved and later returned to the game, mood changes occured. Tried reloading save several times, and managed to get it working 'mood change' free on one occasion only. Game crashed about 5 minutes in, before I got the chance to save again. All attempts at reloading the same save result in mood change.

Moved the save file over to a faster/more reliable card (Sandisk) - Loaded the save (AKAIO AAP enabled), and game works perfectly. Saved while in bed, with sleep rising. Moved save back to original card (store own brand, with clearly slower read/write times). Loaded save, sleep continued to rise. Got out of bed, went back to bed, sleep started falling again at fastest rate.

Problem when using AKAIO+AAP is definitely card specific.

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
Huh, the "Delete save and start over with AAP on" worked with my AKAIO 1.8.1. Thanks for the tip.
smile.gif

rickmiraldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kixy said:
rickmiraldo said:
Kixy said:
rickmiraldo said:
I have a DS Lite with AKAIO 1.8.1 and I played the first time without Anti-Piracy enabled and the game kept freezing in the saving screens. Then I turned on the Anti-Piracy thing and I was able to play with no apparent APs twice yesterday. However, when I loaded up the game today I got the AP protection, in the same save game I was playing yesterday: Sim collapsing after work, starving to death, refuses to do anything, etc... I will try to play again later and see what happens...

(AKAIO 1.8.1)

A Sim/save created without Bypass Anti-Piracy enabled will always be affected by the mood swings/need issues.

Solution: Delete the save file, and start the game again with Bypass Anti-Piracy enabled.
I just created another save file with Anti-piracy enabled and still got the mood changes. My Sim was sleeping and his tiredness bar just kept going lower and lower. I'm out of ideas to try... =(

Apologies - starting fresh worked for me (with AAP enabled).

However when I saved and later returned to the game, mood changes occured. Tried reloading save several times, and managed to get it working 'mood change' free on one occasion only. Game crashed about 5 minutes in, before I got the chance to save again. All attempts at reloading the same save result in mood change.

Moved the save file over to a faster/more reliable card (Sandisk) - Loaded the save (AKAIO AAP enabled), and game works perfectly. Saved while in bed, with sleep rising. Moved save back to original card (store own brand, with clearly slower read/write times). Loaded save, sleep continued to rise. Got out of bed, went back to bed, sleep started falling again at fastest rate.

Problem when using AKAIO+AAP is definitely card specific.
Oh my, this is the very first time I've heard of a card specific AP....

I got three SD cards, two of them are 2GB and one is 4GB... All of them are Kingston.
The 4GB is the fastest one (Class 4) and I'm using it for the DS right now. The others are for my cell phones and they're slower than the DS one. So I don't have any faster SD card to test right now =(

Maybe I'll wait for AKAIO 1.8.2, Normatt will probably try to fix it (if it's possible, IDK)... Meanwhile I'll just play the PC version of Sims 3
tongue.gif

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
Im trying a little thing for R4 SDHC now.

Edit:
-Saves working properly
-Entertainment stat working
-Hunger stat working
-No graphical issues that i can see

Uploading a the files now (dont worry, no roms)

iYoshi-

Trophies
XP
Country
rickmiraldo said:
What is the little thing you tried? Can it work for other flashcards as well?? *keeping my hopes up*
Dont get them up too high, me reckons this will only work with r4 sdhc

Also here is the link, Someone else try it and tell me what you experience
smile.gif

Here

AcidAce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
iYoshi- said:
rickmiraldo said:
What is the little thing you tried? Can it work for other flashcards as well?? *keeping my hopes up*
Dont get them up too high, me reckons this will only work with r4 sdhc

Also here is the link, Someone else try it and tell me what you experience
smile.gif

Here
I downloaded the files and am using Edge 1.11 if i want to test it how and where will i be putting it?

Lemski07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Im using Edge and im enjoying playing with two pure virgin white screens
hate2.gif

I hate Edge bec. of their slow updates....
glare.gif

Am waiting for ap patch for this one the day after the dump was released

And I also remember that Blue Dragon-Awakened shadow has the same problem like this unpatched (white screens) but a ap patch was released quickly and it worked but multiplayer mode had connection problems, and there came the Edge update which was the 1.11 and i tried the unpatched version recently and it worked perfectly fine. maybe someone with some knowledge in programming could alter/add some codes so it could be solved on this flashcart

I think this problem would be solve after a few more years
rolleyes.gif
lol

Royelfeck

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I have an r4 sdhc.

I'm trying it but idk if I'm placing the files correctly.

Should I place the nds files in games or media?

Can you give some instructions?

I also found a prepatched version. I'm going to test it too.

EDIT: I tried it out. Seems to load r4 wood onto r4 sdhc. I can't get past the loading screen. I placed the nds file in my games folder and left the _rpg file hanging out with the other folders.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Lemski07 said:
I think this problem would be solve after a few more years
rolleyes.gif
lol
nope, just a few weeks. seriously, just wait for something, like everybody else does. or get a new flashcart (R4 seems to be doing well these days, thanks to an active support and lots of users).

although i myself am getting a bit iffish at EDGE lately... but hey, i've had it for what, 3 years now? it's still working fine so i think i'll hang on to mine, probably til EOL for my XL.

on topic, can somebody like PM me where to look for that suxxors crack? pretty please? thanks.
happy.gif

supervenice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Royelfeck said:
Okay I have an r4 sdhc.

I'm trying it but idk if I'm placing the files correctly.

Should I place the nds files in games or media?

Can you give some instructions?

I also found a prepatched version. I'm going to test it too.

EDIT: I tried it out. Seems to load r4 wood onto r4 sdhc. I can't get past the loading screen. I placed the nds file in my games folder and left the _rpg file hanging out with the other folders.

FOR THOSE R4SDHC users----USE WAIO--so you can play the newer games-

http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallinone?

download the one in the INSTALLATION part--the .rar is named WAIO--but first reformat your card using the panasonic sd formater---then copy the files inside the batch folder FROM the waio folder--to your card--and copy that prepatched version of sims 3---after that---boot waio.nds--then boot r4sdhc.nds---then play sims 3----you need to boot waio and r4sdhc.nds before playing the NEWER games.ok

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo