Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I can run but at less then half speed

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

IM 16 dude I cant afford it
I said i had a debit card, i did NOT say i had money in my bank :P
I have a spare GTX 970 FTW+ sitting on my desk.
I just upgraded to a Titan X.
It would suck so bad being poor xD!

NEVER buy prebuilts. Always build your own PC.
You can get better parts for cheaper.
That was in 2010......
I have a new PC that I built myself with a Titan X :)
I was only like 12/11 at the time.

Reactions: Fr0zenIce

Natethekidrs00

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a spare GTX 970 FTW+ sitting on my desk.
I just upgraded to a Titan X.
It would suck so bad being poor xD!

That was in 2010......
I have a new PC that I built myself with a Titan X :)
I was only like 12/11 at the time.
Im not even poor its just that 1. I dont have the room 2.Im broke 3. its more convenient for ds emu on 3ds

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
how come you couldn't install the games to the system and have them show up a dsi ware
Iv'e heard people say that DSi mode breaks nds games, but I am not sure exactly.

Holy shit dude! Nice! :P
I have a 970 (Windforce) my self, great card for the price. Although I wish I had the money for a Titan X XD
Thanks!
But, the 980ti is a MUCH better deal.
It is $350 less and it is less than a 5% performance hit, ususaly only 1-3 FPS at 4k.

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fyi my pc is running vista XD
The OS doesn't matter lol, besides, Vista's actually pretty cool ;)

Thanks!
But, the 980ti is a MUCH better deal.
It is $350 less and it is less than a 5% performance hit, ususaly only 1-3 FPS at 4k.
I've been thinking about it, but I'd much rather wait for Pascal at this point. (Nvidia's next line of GPU's)

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEVER buy prebuilts. Always build your own PC.
You can get better parts for cheaper.

That's not anywhere near as true now as it used to be some years ago. That being said, if you DO buy a prebuilt, it'll still come with an atomic boatload of bloatware preinstalled normally...so there's that argument against prebuilts anyways. Usually these days there's a little bit of a markup, but you can kinda look at it as a convenience fee for not having to waste a couple hours building your own machine, burning it in, etc. All of the "pick your parts for a so called custom prebuilt machine" websites have been tearing into the companies at one point in time rather insane profit margin on prebuilts, so they had to play ball and start selling the prebuilts for more sane prices. That being said, there is something about building your own machine and putting exactly what YOU want into it (and nothing you don't), installing an OS, etc. that's a bit gratifying which is why I still build my own...

Last edited by dubbz82,

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS would not be able to emulate NDS on its hardware alone, that's why it has a DS mode to run DS games. A solution like Nintendont would be much more viable if you could access the Ds hardware in 3DS mode.

Also, drastic is an amazing mobile emulator especially when used with a Bluetooth game pad. You can even mad the stylus to an analogue stick so you can play the DS Zelda game semi normally.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS would not be able to emulate NDS on its hardware alone, that's why it has a DS mode to run DS games. A solution like Nintendont would be much more viable if you could access the Ds hardware in 3DS mode.

Also, drastic is an amazing mobile emulator especially when used with a Bluetooth game pad. You can even mad the stylus to an analogue stick so you can play the DS Zelda game semi normally.

This made me think about something that I hadn't really thought about before...I wonder if the n3ds has enough horsepower to do it or not, as Drastic doesn't require all that heavy of a cpu from a phone to use properly...I think o3ds users are kinda SOL on this (at least until if/when someone manages to do some tinkering with the DS mode to somehow actually allow it to see the SD card or something of that nature), but i'd be curious if someone was actually to port it over and optimize it some if the n3ds would suffice or not...

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not just about CPU power, it's also ram and vram that will play a part in that, and also they type of CPU. The 3DS is a very purpose built hardware that is designed for a specific purpose. Your phone is more like a computer by design.

Simple emulation takes usually about double the the power of the hardware being emulated, complex emulation can take much more power. This is the reason it's hard to emulate the GBA and SNES decently on the 3DS.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
feel I should post this again. :rolleyes:
definitely possible. hard to gauge how good performance would be, and it would take a ton of work, but there's no real reason why it couldn't be done. at the end of the day it's more a question of whether anyone would want to work on it considering the limited benefits such a solution would have over just, you know, using the built-in backwards compatibility stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3 (You know me, I'm more of a Xbox junkie)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ps3 really has no titles worth going online
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    what is nps?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, what about GTA v onl... O Yea the PS3 versión got discontinued
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I feel like the world's cheapest pc build can play gtaV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In modern standards
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then why mine can't?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 What is nps you mentioned?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Because your pc has a hamster innit
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot...