Homebrew ds cart emulation possability?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holy shit a 7 page thread . . . when he could go to the store and buy a re-loadable visa/master/paypal card if he is truly not poor

my 5 year old nephew has one! . . . so why cant the op do the same?

Personally (even though I already own a DS cart) I'd like to see the 3ds cracked wide open, pretty much because it can be. Yes, buying a card is a solution, however it's a solution that requires you to 1. support companies that exist for the sole purpose of profiting from piracy (which not everyone is too fond of) and 2. may require you to deal with some rather shady websites that at least some of them have been known to take the money and run in the past. Also depending on where you are, a card may not be quite as cheap as you think it is, some countries have inordinate import taxes (see Brazil for details - it's several hundred percent of the cost of the item) making these things rather difficult to obtain, and customs is also a thing...

Last edited by dubbz82,

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It would be great if it was possible to integrate a DS cart detection function to the HomeBrew Launcher. Then no need to restart the console in order to play a DS game.

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Personally i want a flashcard for DS like SKY3DS with compatibility with Pokemon Battle revolution - wifi connection etc and to be able to use with Poke Transfert

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I checked, DS flashcarts had no problem connecting online. Your problem probably is most of the DS servers being shutdown a long time ago.
Yeah, Nintendo WiFI servers have been offline for a while... although, if you do own a flashcart (won't work on retail cartridges), you can use http://wiimmfi.de/ . It's how I still play Mario Kart Wii online.

Reactions: thatbooisaspy

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But the 3ds requires to reboot into DS mode? This isn't technically possible.

The last time I checked, DS flashcarts had no problem connecting online. Your problem probably is most of the DS servers being shutdown a long time ago.
Sorry, I meant it would be good to be able to have that. I know the way the console works prevents it, sorry for being unclear. ^^"

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My bad , i dont know where i have seen that. But i remember about a white screen when playin battle revolution with a flashcard.
And as i know we can"t transfer our pokemon from linker to 6G in a legit way...

Last edited by narutonic,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here