Gaming DS browser on R4... how to?

Rallhan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to get the DS browser rom work on my R4 and in that case how?
i'm sure this has been discussed earlier since its not a new thing but i just got in here and didnt found
any good advices (probably just bad at searching thou)

P.S i'm kinda new to this so plese explain it so anyobody (even me hopefully) should understand
smile.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long story short, you need a slot1 AND a slot2 card for the Opera browser to work.

KarmaUK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The browser sucks to be honest but it does the job, just! Get a EZ 3in1 and your away, then you also get a rumblepak and GBA games.
biggrin.gif

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
DSOrganise is text-only, I couldn't get okiwi to work at all, and watching a page load in DS Hobro is like watching paint dry. The Opera browser is slow, but it's heaven after using DS Hobro.

I paid AUD$20 for my 3-in-1, well worth it. The Supercard Lite has some RAM that works with Opera as well, but it seems slower, and the 3-in-1 has better GBA compatibility (and no need to hit a key combination to save the game), so I've found myself using it more often.

One thing to watch if you use the 3-in-1 with the browser: the 3-in-1 can also be used to back up save games from retail DS carts, but if you do this, the RAM won't work with Opera until you re-flash the NOR on the 3-in-1 with a GBA game. I found that out the hard way.
lecture.gif

Wii_DS.

ウォリアー
Banned
Trophies
Website
fcrc.weebly.com
XP
Country
Just in case anyone needs to know:

How to run the Internet browser with a slot-1 device (not the EZ Flash V*) and the 3-in-1.

1) Patch the Browser with this
2) stick it on the Micro SD Card and pop that in your slot-1 device.
3) Boot up your slot-1 device and start up the Loader your using
4) Switch to the Expansion Pack option on your loader
5) That takes you back to the slot-1 device menu, select the .nds for the browser.

*= If you have a EZ Flash V, it says in the Wiki you don't need to patch the browser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can