DS #5530: Battle & Get! Pokemon Typing DS (Japan)

MasterKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Wood version loads the ROM successfully in both TTDS and R4i-SDHC (Upgrade v1.4). Just that I get to that black screen saying to please turn on the keyboard to set it up with the DS Card. But yea, I hope they make a patch to bypass that part.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
MasterKnight said:
Hi there people. Well, the real game requires the keyboard too for the first time so you set your DS Keyboard's internal ID such as the PokéWalker. Just that now you MUST have the keyboard for the first time run, then you won't be needing it anymore. What we actually need is a SAV file of this game after calibration and recognition was done so it will just continue the game normally because once the keyboard was registered, the title screen will just appear normally.

Later on, you don't need the keyboard anymore to play this game because you can use this game too when traveling and you don't walk around with a keyboard everyday and I see people play this without the keyboard. Just that it requires the keyboard for FIRST TIME only. It's a nice thing Pokémon Company did there to prevent the ROM from loading, but yea, just the SAV file would fix this
yay.gif

Click the spoiler button below to see the screen you get when the DS cannot find a bluetooth keyboard in close range.

battlegetromerror.png

Would be nice if a patch is made to bypass this and give "ok" to the ROM that a keyboard was previously set already
yaynds.gif

If any of you has this game and has R4 and such, use the SAV backup tool to get the SAV file after the keyboard was set and share witih us for the meantime please.
So wouldn't just using a save file of a game that already used the wireless keyborad work?

Pablo3DS

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If we doesn't have the keyboard the game isn't playable ? Well for what need a touch screem for this game if we can't play with stylus =/

D

Deleted-236924

Team Fail said:
Pingouin7 said:
This won't be able to be emulated.
Why not? It does have a touchscreen keyboard. Plus, a custom LUA script could be written for Desmume so it can take in keyboard input and use it via gameplay instead of button presses (A, B, X, Y etc.)

As explained by someone else, the touchscreen keyboard isn't actually useable.
The information posted on that page on Serebii was pure speculation that they made back then.

MasterKnight said:
and I see people play this without the keyboard
How? What? Where? When?

QUOTE(TheFredster @ Apr 23 2011, 07:48 AM)
Fairly certain the game NEEDS the keyboard to be played, and that the touch screen isn't an alternative method

This.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got this from serebii.net "With these medals, you also have the ability to unlock various new skins for the keyboard on the bottom screen" Since it was posted on Thursday from the official site, I assume that there will be a bottom screen keyboard.

TheFredster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a keyboard constantly on the bottom screen, yes. However, from what I've been able to discern from Serebii and the official sites, it's more used for guidance as to where to put your fingers

loco365

Trophies
XP
TheFredster said:
There is a keyboard constantly on the bottom screen, yes. However, from what I've been able to discern from Serebii and the official sites, it's more used for guidance as to where to put your fingers
Well, if this is the case, it'll be literally impossible to pirate the game.

+1 for Nintendo.

loco365

Trophies
XP
cooleo said:
Well done Nintendo for making some of us PISSED......+1 Nintendo

(We will play it in rom form soon
wink.gif
)
I severely doubt that. If we cannot use a form of typing on the game, we cannot play it at all.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
mellow.gif
Hello Every one i such try to my self this game on desmume SVN using with desmume output and is appaning this black screen for keyboard user it'sblocking and then in the desmume output is apparing the unhandled codes like as Hex or such othe like here for my apparence

Command9: Unhandled Backup memory Command: FF FROM 0206E96C
Command9: Unhandled Backup memory Command: 01 FROM 0206EA48
Command9: Unhandled Backup memory Command: 01 FROM 0206EA48

Any Intrest

95girl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so we should make an ap which makes the game able to bypass the medal thing and giving you the unlock of the virtual keyboard...isn't it?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
95girl said:
so we should make an ap which makes the game able to bypass the medal thing and giving you the unlock of the virtual keyboard...isn't it?
No, there's no reason we'd want to create AP for a game that has AP that Disables the ability to play the game. If anything, we'd need AAP (Anti-Anti Piracy)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Jhon 591 said:
Can bypass the black screen message

RAM, 0209CCAE FC -> 00

AR , Cheat 0209CCAD 00E70000

But now stuck on wifi figureing out bypass... , But i can not read the JAP lingo to read the rest ?

RAM memory, 0209CCAE FC -> 00

inamge.png
KUDOS TO YOU. I must use the AR code. I'll test on Acekard 2i. Give me 20 minutes.

EDIT: The code won't work. Every time I try to access the codes list, the AceKard crashes. I'll have to hard-patch the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169