DS #5483: Digimon Story: Super Xros Wars Red (Japan)

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mangatic said:
its the same fucking battle system, it sucks...
i dont get it, why wont they release a game like digimon world 1 in ps1...i mean its THE best digimon game ever and after that all games went way down.
digimon world 2, suck; digimon world 3, sucks; digimon world 4, well i didnt play it but im pretty sure it sucks too, and all ds digimon games -especially digimon world championship- suck really hard.
I played and enjoyed the hell out of Digimon World 2 and 3. DW3 is by far one of my favorite RPGs.
Digimon World 1 was dull as idk what. I don't know how people played that game for more than 10 minutes.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I agree. Dusk and Dawn were great in my opinion. If these are like those, I MIGHT play them.
wink.gif

HunterJ

Trophies
XP
Country
working for me on supercard dstwo obv >.> and it isnt really the same as the others.its similar but they laid it out differently
6 digimon in battle. 3 frontline 3 rearline
can digixros for special attacks which i dont really like :/ Iwould have liked where you digixros for the whole battle and then revert but to each their own. seem pretty good but in battle so many functions @_@ Still trying to get to grips with it all

SpiritBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
gokujr1000 said:
Slyakin said:
I heard that this game still uses the same formula as past Digimon games... That sucks.

So does Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh World Championship(s).
So?
Pokemon is a formula that many people like, AKA if it ain't broken don't fix it.
Yugioh is based on a real life trading card game. They don't have a lot of room to innovate.
Digimon isn't. I really do wish they'd make it more like DW1. DW1 was a potentially great game brought down by a few but terrible design issues.

HunterJ

Trophies
XP
Country
SpiritBoy said:
gokujr1000 said:
Slyakin said:
I heard that this game still uses the same formula as past Digimon games... That sucks.

So does Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh World Championship(s).
So?
Pokemon is a formula that many people like, AKA if it ain't broken don't fix it.
Yugioh is based on a real life trading card game. They don't have a lot of room to innovate.
Digimon isn't. I really do wish they'd make it more like DW1. DW1 was a potentially great game brought down by a few but terrible design issues.
You are stating your opinion and tbh none of us are right.
Digimon follows the its show and manga (occasionally released) and the games are meant for us to have abit of fun on. Sure the battle system isnt that good but generally I think they have improved after the first three DW games -.- In the latest one its been made more challenging and im happy for that cos in previous ones it was a walk in the park to get through the game.
Pokemon uses the same formula but they make slight alterations to it which i like. Generally the battlesystem etc could be inproved tenfold but its what we (are supposed to) pay for. Yugioh games are just a simple extention to the card game so that people can test their decks and have abit of fun whilst playing through a storyline and tbh until platinum came out I played YGO more than pokemon diamond/pearl due to the content. But everyone is biased by their own opinions so yeah. All series are decent they just ALL need to make changes in the future. Digimon might want to actually include the 'in-battle' digivolutions like in the anime other than plain attacks or make the battle's abit cooler but dont forget digimon aren't releasing the games to please us the teenagers-adults. If you watch the main adverts their aiming at the younger ones the 5-10 year olds and when I was that age, battle format meant nothing to me just playing the game was my fun

ZPE

Trophies
Website
zpte.wordpress.com
XP
Country
mangatic said:
i dont get it, why wont they release a game like digimon world 1 in ps1...i mean its THE best digimon game ever and after that all games went way down.
digimon world 2, suck; digimon world 3, sucks; digimon world 4, well i didnt play it but im pretty sure it sucks too, and all ds digimon games -especially digimon world championship- suck really hard.

QFT. I had the US import then several years later decided to get the bug-free European version off eBay. I'm hopelessly hoping for a 3DS remake or something.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mangatic said:

Well for me its the opposite ... i didn't lile one but loved 2 and especially 3. (Saver was good as well)

I liked the DS rpgs, no clue why ppl say they suck.

digipokemaster

Innocent Uke
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Youkai said:
mangatic said:

Well for me its the opposite ... i didn't lile one but loved 2 and especially 3. (Saver was good as well)

I liked the DS rpgs, no clue why ppl say they suck.
same here the only rpg i dont like is the stragery ones

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
They don't suck but it's kind of like that Call of Duty argument flying around here. It has the same formula as other games but the Digimon games don't do anything out of the ordinary from what THEY can see....

I personally enjoy it due to Digimon being one of my favorite series and the simple RPG element is enjoyable and goes along just fine.
Although, I won't be playing this game until after I finish Pokemon White, Yugioh WC11, EXE 5 DS, and then Lost Evolution (whenever I have the patience for that one)....

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I got into Pirating, I owned both Dawn/Dusk and I loved the hell out of them.
Please release this to America Bandai!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk