DS #5140: Last Window: The Secret of Cape West (Europe)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mesiskope said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I like how you guys are acting as if the hackers work for you and HAVE to do this. They don't have to do shit for you. They do it out of the graciousness of their hearts.

What's stopping you guys from attempting it yourselves?

Unlike Most hackers we have lives.

And it's comments like that the hackers will say "Fine, fuck 'em. They want to have sand in their vagina's, let them suffer." Get your head out of your ass and be thankful that they gave you what they already have throughout the years.

I can see why everybody is so angry because a fix or update doesnt ussualy takes this long. But that aside i cant bring myself to pay a ridiculous price for a ds game as i explained earlier, even if want ot support Cing.

Understandable. But there are other games to play out there besides all the big titles. Try some low name company titles and such.

undercarris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mesiskope said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I like how you guys are acting as if the hackers work for you and HAVE to do this. They don't have to do shit for you. They do it out of the graciousness of their hearts.

Unlike Most hackers we have lives.

That could be possibly the most Stupid and selfish post i have read in this forum!... the hackers have already given us to much... they do not work for us....

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The problem with hackers is that they have no organized communication with the public. They should just tell us if they're planning on cracking the game or not, and let us know if they hit a roadblock (i.e. Anti-piracy too strong). Right now we have absolutely no idea what's going on, but I'm inclined to go with the theory that there's a silent agreement on not cracking this game to help Cing (which won't do any good in my opinion since this is only a EU release).

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

Probably the complete lack of knowledge.

MesiskopeUnlike Most hackers we have lives.

Are you stupid or just asshole?

The "silent" Theory is working if its true, but you've got to be kidding me. No fix in almost 2 weeks? Makes me lose faith in this site. That and its total crash the other day.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Guy said:
ShadowSoldier said:

No fix in almost 2 weeks? Makes me lose faith in this site.

Quick hacks are mostly from chinese/japanese hackers and they already hacked their own version months ago. There's no need for them to hack this.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Guy said:
ShadowSoldier said:

The "silent" Theory is working if its true, but you've got to be kidding me. No fix in almost 2 weeks? Makes me lose faith in this site. That and its total crash the other day.

They learned how to hack. Why can't you or the others? Information and everything is on the internet. If one person can do it, so can others. It's not like they offer courses in school "how to hack games."

Phynx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Guy said:

I don't see how the site is responsible for a fix; that would be the community. As we've seen many times before, a community can be fickle.

Skiller23

Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
they kicked pong who was providing us updates for dstt
biggrin.gif

zruben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
spoiled little brats, just be patient... I'm sure you have a huge backlog of games to play, you can use this opportunity to catch up

it works on wood, if you are THAT desperate to play it, get a freaking R4 for 6 bucks and play it.
it already been said that Akaio 1.8 fix it... just WAIT for it to be released...

just WAIT, and don't be so freaking anxious about it... it's a GAME.

jdevil99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not one to hop in and be critical over what someone says because I've sat back and laughed/got angry over a megaton of typed dribal in my 14 year history with the internet (what up Prodigy) but what the heck, I'm in a good mood. No offense zruben, but one thing everyone is accustomed to on here is opinions. Specifically gamers, we are a very opinionated bunch. You know this, I know this, but what sense of entitlement do you get from trashing people who just have a want or a mis-directed passion towards something, that something in this case being a playable version of Last Window on more then 2 flash cards. Some people put gaming a little higher on their life hierarchy chart then others. You may like cars a bit more, so if I saw you pounding the keys going on about how the new speed chip that overrides the factory ECU in your Pinto isn't out yet and a guy like me comes along and tells you to STFU, you'd be angry cause you love cars (hypothetically). All I'm saying is, some people like games, others love them, and regardless of how militant gbatemp gets sometimes, this is a place to chat and sometimes vent. I want to play this game to, real bad, but I hope that doesn't classify me as a brat for wanting something more then say...you.

zruben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
jdevil99 said:
I'm not one to hop in and be critical over what someone says because I've sat back and laughed/got angry over a megaton of typed dribal in my 14 year history with the internet (what up Prodigy) but what the heck, I'm in a good mood. No offense zruben, but one thing everyone is accustomed to on here is opinions. Specifically gamers, we are a very opinionated bunch. You know this, I know this, but what sense of entitlement do you get from trashing people who just have a want or a mis-directed passion towards something, that something in this case being a playable version of Last Window on more then 2 flash cards. Some people put gaming a little higher on their life hierarchy chart then others. You may like cars a bit more, so if I saw you pounding the keys going on about how the new speed chip that overrides the factory ECU in your Pinto isn't out yet and a guy like me comes along and tells you to STFU, you'd be angry cause you love cars (hypothetically). All I'm saying is, some people like games, others love them, and regardless of how militant gbatemp gets sometimes, this is a place to chat and sometimes vent. I want to play this game to, real bad, but I hope that doesn't classify me as a brat for wanting something more then say...you.

none taken.

just to clarify some points:
I'm not calling "brat" to people who wants to play this game. Trust me, I'm possitive that no one want to play this game more than me. I loved Hotel Dusk and I have replayed it about five times.

I'm just saying it's kind of spoiled to start bitching about something they are getting for free.

There are solutions. There are options to play it. If they wait a little bit, there will be more, and they (us) will play. Just be patient, everyone.

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
default2k said:
ShadowSoldier said:
ebay.ca

Look at the price that's selling for! lol. You know, I'm all fair game for supporting developers. And if it's a great game, then I'll pay full price. But, well, come on. All that money, not one cent is going to Cing.

So Cing is not getting any profit then? I still hold out hope that they will make a return someday one way or another.
biggrin.gif

eBay dude, unless it's Cing holding the auction, all the profits is going to some guy who is selling it for a ridiculously high price because he knows people want it.

At worst he is reselling, at best he has a supplier for the game. Either way, the portion of the revenue that was supposed to go back to the publisher does.

Yeesh.

Also, $60 may seem like a lot to you, but it's the going rate for such a limited print import title.

BigLord

Trophies
XP
Country
Feels good to be European and not having to import this if the need arises. Just go to a shop and buy the game, hehe.

But I still have hope that the guys-with-the-brains will deal with this issue. I'm not impatient (Professor Layton is kicking ass) but oh man I so wanted to play this gem...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Arne214 @ Arne214: ah ok