DS #5073: Myst (v1.1) (USA)

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Come on Tempers, stop hating on a game that's up to par with Sonic the Hedgehog on the GBA. Its still good but you have to accept those flaws a away of life.

Disco

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
shakirmoledina said:
there was a game with a similar problem... the lead char was a woman, there were some movie cutscenes and all but bad controls and u dont know what to do
its strange as to how the developers can miss something as important as this

I think, you're talkin about lost in time...I liked that game back in '94.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I haven't play the original Myst, but was thinking of tackling it - tell me, those of you who have played both the orignal Myst and tried the DS version, how much different is it? Is it the same game, just with worse graphics? Was anything removed, like conversations, videos, etc.?

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems to be the same to me. It's not awful but it just feels cramped in such a small space. Besides, the tools could have been a lot more functional. I would have preferred a scratch pad like surface that you could draw on compared to a stupid typewriter that is only partly functional. Only periods no commas,semicolons, or any of those special characters on the right side of the keyboard.

tuddy666

Trophies
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
I cant believe someone actually made a release group called AngelBeats...
I presume it's either a joke group or a P2P group, rather than an actual "serious" scene group.

At least, I -hope- it's not a serious group, because if we're calling scene groups after crappy anime, I might as well go ahead and make a scene group called K-ON!

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, I've always wanted to attempt Myst but never been bothered. Was excited when I saw this come up, but after your guys comments I'm going to steer clear of it. Cheers y'all.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
...sigh. really is disappointing. shabby at best, but disappointing even at that.

this'll need some intensive hacking and lots of love to even have a chance at redemption.

well, at least i know that Broken Sword on the DS is awesome. i'll wait for a few more months when i don't remember all the puzzles before playing it again.

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
I never played the previous DS version (only the original PC version), but the screen shots on their site looks like they ran a sharpen filter on the graphics rather than going back and rescaling them from the originals. You'd think if they actually "remastered" them that they would have gotten rid of the black border around the images and made them a little larger.
Exactly.

Monkey01 about v1.0:
QUOTE(Monkey01 @ Dec 1 2007, 12:20 AM)they probably just batch-resized the pictures from the pc version, didn't notice half the pictures were corrupted, let another batch script calculate the new coordinates in a way that the rounding half the time makes the picture appear on the wrong place and let a little kid make the picture that constantly appears on the top screen in the right size for the ds without telling him the right sizes so he seemed to must have copy pasted some parts of the water again to fill the screen again.

I still think those are correct assumptions.

B

Bladeforce

They shouldve ported the spoof pc game instead called PYST now that was a laugh

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning