Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
...but it definitely falls short compared to things like King of Fighters
seconed.
Come on, some emulated fighters are way better than a dedicated one? (Yes, I am talking about NeoDS here!)
Even the GBA King of Fighters or Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper are better.
Why making it than in the first place?
If I think just a little longer about the title... I can up with some ideas why they call it "Windy"... hehehe.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to playing it.
I think this summarizes the entire game and why you should not play it really well:
I GOT A 100+ HIT COMBO BY HOLDING RIGHT AND MASHING THE WEAK ATTACK BUTTON

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
Honestly, if you can play this piece of shit and call it a good game you obviously don't know the first thing about fighting games.

rolleyes.gif

Eh, go fuck yourself. Been playing fighting games since probably before you were born. That's fine if you don't like it, but I'm cool with having a decent 2D, two-player fighter I can take with me on the go. It doesn't have to be up to the caliber of Street Fighter to be worth my time, and I never suggested it was. If it helps you to remain comfortable with your manhood by jumping on the hate bandwagon because you have no real opinion of your own, more power to you. Leave the thinking to the rest of us. We got this.
wink.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
SABERinBLUE said:
Honestly, if you can play this piece of shit and call it a good game you obviously don't know the first thing about fighting games.

rolleyes.gif

Eh, go fuck yourself. Been playing fighting games since probably before you were born. That's fine if you don't like it, but I'm cool with having a decent 2D, two-player fighter I can take with me on the go. It doesn't have to be up to the caliber of Street Fighter to be worth my time, and I never suggested it was. If it helps you to remain comfortable with your manhood by jumping on the hate bandwagon because you have no real opinion of your own, more power to you. Leave the thinking to the rest of us. We got this.
wink.gif

This game isn't on the "hate bandwagon" for no reason, it sucks. It really does.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes! I've been wanting to play this game in Japanese, just haven't gotten round to it, this is really great! I want to play it because it's one of the few fighting games on DS, it's got aerial combat AND it's anime style. I read somewhere it's great, so I'm gonna try it and not let others sway my opinion by saying it sucks. After all, if you can win by spamming a button and don't like it, then don't use it.
smile.gif
That's how I try fight, I like trying out combos and not just spamming an infinite attack, so if it's in the game I try to avoid it.
biggrin.gif

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
Yes! I've been wanting to play this game in Japanese, just haven't gotten round to it, this is really great! I want to play it because it's one of the few fighting games on DS, it's got aerial combat AND it's anime style. I read somewhere it's great, so I'm gonna try it and not let others sway my opinion by saying it sucks. After all, if you can win by spamming a button and don't like it, then don't use it.
smile.gif
That's how I try fight, I like trying out combos and not just spamming an infinite attack, so if it's in the game I try to avoid it.
biggrin.gif

It doesn't really HAVE combos.
It has TWO ATTACK BUTTONS
The fact is, if you think this game doesn't suck, then your taste in game sucks.
This really isn't debatable, the game is just flat out bad...

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rubedo said:
Fel said:
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

It doesn't really HAVE combos.
It has TWO ATTACK BUTTONS
The fact is, if you think this game doesn't suck, then your taste in game sucks.
This really isn't debatable, the game is just flat out bad...

I've come to the understanding that you know absolutely shit all, all I see you do is crap on other people for liking things you don't like.
If you don't like it that's your opinian, if someone else likes it that's THIER opinian.

Stop forcing your shit on other people when you clearly have no idea what your talking about and no I don't like the game either but I'm not going around telling people who do like the game they know nothing.
Just shut up and stop forcing your shitty little opinians on everyone else.

EDIT: and I apologise to the mods and everyone else here except this thing. I don't usually outburst like this but this moron is doing my head in saying everyone that disagrees with his opinian knows nothing.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:

How do you manage a 100 hit combo when it only takes on average eight to nine hits to K.O. the opponent.

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, saying it "sucks" doesn't make it suck for anyone but you. I played some more of it, and it's decent. I've played enough fighters in my life to know when a game is broken, and though this game is far from being a great fighter, it's a competent handheld game. I think you just have issues with inputting quarter circle, half circle and dragon punch commands, and therefore you want to blame it on the game. If you were expecting console-quality fighting on DS, then you were deluding yourself. Otherwise, again, it's competent, so far as I can tell by the little I've played of it. To me, it offers the same level of amusement I would expect out of a homebrew fighter, and for free, really, what more could you possibly demand from the game?
rofl2.gif

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
I've come to the understanding that you know absolutely shit all, all I see you do is crap on other people for liking things you don't like.
If you don't like it that's your opinian, if someone else likes it that's THIER opinian.

Stop forcing your shit on other people when you clearly have no idea what your talking about and no I don't like the game either but I'm not going around telling people who do like the game they know nothing.

Well what you have to understand is that when a game this bad comes out it's offensive to fans of the genre. Here's how it goes:

1. Company makes shit game in Japan.

2. Everyone laughs at how shit the game is.

3. Company brings game to the US even though it's utterly shit.

4. Idiots who don't know anything about fighting games call it a good game.

and here's the feared result:

5. COMPANIES MAKE MORE SHIT GAMES.

You see? Having a game this bad is an insult to the entire genre and people who actually like the genre feel an obligation to loudly and viciously attack it and everyone who's dumb enough to like it, for fear of this type of badness becoming a trend in future games. When this game came out in Japan we all played the rom for ten minutes and the laughed at how horrible it was, but now it's gotten a US release so we're on edge like "wait, this kind of shit game is commercially viable? Oh no!"

If you like this game YOU ARE WRONG. Hell, I like plenty of shit games. I like Yoda Stories and I'm wrong. Yoda Stories is one of the worst games I've ever played and I still like it for some stupid reason. I'll stomach a lot of mediocre to shitty Star Wars games just because I'm a Star Wars fan. But it's okay, because I know which ones are actually good and which ones I'm just playing because I like the franchise.

Long story short, there's a reason for this hate. We're not trying to make ourselves feel better; we know what makes our genre good. What we're trying to do is make sure everyone ELSE knows what makes our genre good so they don't make it shitty.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SABERinBLUE said:
Well what you have to understand is that when a game this bad comes out it's offensive to fans of the genre. Here's how it goes:

You see? Having a game this bad is an insult to the entire genre and people who actually like the genre feel an obligation to loudly and viciously attack it and everyone who's dumb enough to like it, for fear of this type of badness becoming a trend in future games. When this game came out in Japan we all played the rom for ten minutes and the laughed at how horrible it was, but now it's gotten a US release so we're on edge like "wait, this kind of shit game is commercially viable? Oh no!"

If you like this game YOU ARE WRONG. Hell, I like plenty of shit games. I like Yoda Stories and I'm wrong. Yoda Stories is one of the worst games I've ever played and I still like it for some stupid reason. I'll stomach a lot of mediocre to shitty Star Wars games just because I'm a Star Wars fan. But it's okay, because I know which ones are actually good and which ones I'm just playing because I like the franchise.

Long story short, there's a reason for this hate. We're not trying to make ourselves feel better; we know what makes our genre good. What we're trying to do is make sure everyone ELSE knows what makes our genre good so they don't make it shitty.

I agreed that I don't like the game but some people DO get some joy out of it so regardless of whether we think it's bad some people don't and that doesn't mean they are wrong for liking it.

Also I was pointing out whether this game is bad or not, What I was saying is all I've seen Rubedo do is piss all over the people that disagree with his opinians (I've seen him do it in several threads) and I've had enough of this moron saying anyone who disagrees with him knows nothing and trying to force his opinians on other people.

By all means he's allowed opinian but lets leave it at just that his opinian and not spiralling off into saying you know nothing because you like this shit it just makes him look and sound like a complete asshole who knows nothing himself.

EDIT: again moderators and peoples I'm sorry but I'm just trying to prove a point.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
If you were expecting console-quality fighting on DS, then you were deluding yourself.

Bleach DS.

Bleach DS 2nd.

Dragon Ball Z Supersonic Warriors 2.

Draglade.

Draglade 2.

Jump Super Stars.

Jump Ultimate Stars.

One Piece: Gear Spirit. (not fantastic but a lot better than Windy X Windam)

And that's just what I've played.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I think the actual chance of them ever release a Street Fighter IV on the DS is slim to none at this point, so Windy X Windham is hardly going to taint the entire fighting genre pool forever.

Fighting game makers seem to be against making truly in-depth fighters on the DS for a reason, whether it be their image as a casual gaming console or the last of analogue/joysticks for combos. It's not this games fault and it's something that's been going on since day one on the DS. What good fighters are out there? There's Mortal Kombat but I usually only played that for the Puzzle Kombat minigame.

2 people downloading this game (and not paying for it or supporting the people making it) and enjoying does not give the developer the idea that they should do more of it. If anything, more people downloading it and trying it BEFORE they buy it will lead to even weaker sales.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
Guys, I think the actual chance of them ever release a Street Fighter IV on the DS is slim to none at this point, so Windy X Windham is hardly going to taint the entire fighting genre pool forever.

My previous post (we simuposted) plus I hear they're bringing Blazblue to the DS, though I'm leery of that after the horror that was Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers.

QUOTE2 people downloading this game (and not paying for it or supporting the people making it) and enjoying does not give the developer the idea that they should do more of it. If anything, more people downloading it and trying it BEFORE they buy it will lead to even weaker sales.

I don't disagree with that, but dude earlier in this thread compared Windy X Windam to Capcom Vs games or Blazblue. That's not cool. You don't take a game that is by your own estimation "not great but decent" and compare it with what two of the best fighting game companies ever make when they're at the top of their game. Because then you look like an idiot.

Not you you, the other guy you.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:

EDIT: and I apologise to the mods and everyone else here except this thing. I don't usually outburst like this but this moron is doing my head in saying everyone that disagrees with his opinian knows nothing.

I like good games/anime/whatever.
I like to tell people about said good games/anime/whatever so they may gain enjoyment from them as I have.
Similarly, when I find a game/anime/whatever that is SEVERELY FLAWED, and see someone mention that they want to play/watch/whatever it, I will do everything in my power to stop them from wasting their time on something that is SEVERELY FLAWED.
It's not about opinions anyway, this is what you fail to understand.
If someone said Big Rigs was a good game, could you agree with them? No, of course not, it's impossible, it's a broken and severely flawed game. This is not an opinion, it is a fact supported by the game's own technical limitations.
And while Windy x Windam is not remotely on the level of broken of Big Rigs, it still has numerous technical flaws that cannot be ignored and are not opinions because they are supported by FACT - the game's own internal coding.
But whatever, be my guest, waste your time on this game. Let other people waste their time on this game. It's not MY problem, I warned you. You could be playing a much better fighting game, or any other game really, instead of this.

GeekyGuy said:
Rubedo said:

How do you manage a 100 hit combo when it only takes on average eight to nine hits to K.O. the opponent.

rolleyes.gif

Anyway, saying it "sucks" doesn't make it suck for anyone but you. I played some more of it, and it's decent. I've played enough fighters in my life to know when a game is broken, and though this game is far from being a great fighter, it's a competent handheld game. I think you just have issues with inputting quarter circle, half circle and dragon punch commands, and therefore you want to blame it on the game. If you were expecting console-quality fighting on DS, then you were deluding yourself. Otherwise, again, it's competent, so far as I can tell by the little I've played of it. To me, it offers the same level of amusement I would expect out of a homebrew fighter, and for free, really, what more could you possibly demand from the game?
rofl2.gif

I'm not sure what damage setting you have the game set on, but on the default damage setting, the life bar moves very, very slowly. At least for Stin, who I was using. Can't speak for someone like Big.
But I don't have any problems playing any other fighting games. I'm a quite active player of Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, JUS and the Bleach DS games, so you argument that I just suck at the game is pretty void.

QUOTE(SABERinBLUE @ Jun 13 2010, 01:12 PM) Well what you have to understand is that when a game this bad comes out it's offensive to fans of the genre. Here's how it goes:

What he said.

QUOTE(SABERinBLUE @ Jun 13 2010, 01:54 PM)
Bleach DS.

Bleach DS 2nd.

Draglade.

Draglade 2.

Jump Super Stars.

Jump Ultimate Stars.

The DBZ game and OP:GS are trash too, though not quite as bad as this. JSS is kind of crappy as well, especially compared to JUS. Draglade is... eh, it has it's merits I guess. The rest are great though.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
SABERinBLUE said:
GeekyGuy said:
If you were expecting console-quality fighting on DS, then you were deluding yourself.

Bleach DS.

Bleach DS 2nd.

Draglade.

Draglade 2.

Jump Super Stars.

Jump Ultimate Stars.

Draglade gets repetitive ultra fast. The Bleach games ARE pretty great but can be a bit easy with the touch screen spells and such. Even still, I agree that they are the closest we're going to get to an arcade fighting game on the DS.

DBZ fighting games were not good. And I haven't tried the One Piece one yet.

So in the fabled history of fighting games on the DS we have Mortal Kombat DS (which is better as a Puzzle Fighter with fighting game attached to it), a series of games that are good but only great if you watch Bleach and know the characters, and JUS, which isn't a true fighting game as much as a great Smash Bros-esque arcade game.

Not the best history and certainly not one that will be ruined by this game.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
DBZ fighting games were not good.

Eh, for the most part yes, but that depends on which one you're playing. Are you talking about Supersonic Warriors specifically? Because I thought that was a really neat idea executed quite well.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Donato_Dobango said:
SABERinBLUE said:
GeekyGuy said:

Bleach DS.

Bleach DS 2nd.

Draglade.

Draglade 2.

Jump Super Stars.

Jump Ultimate Stars.

Draglade gets repetitive ultra fast. The Bleach games ARE pretty great but can be a bit easy with the touch screen spells and such. Even still, I agree that they are the closest we're going to get to an arcade fighting game on the DS.

DBZ fighting games were not good. And I haven't tried the One Piece one yet.

So in the fabled history of fighting games on the DS we have Mortal Kombat DS (which is better as a Puzzle Fighter with fighting game attached to it), a series of games that are good but only great if you watch Bleach and know the characters, and JUS, which isn't a true fighting game as much as a great Smash Bros-esque arcade game.

Not the best history and certainly not one that will be ruined by this game.

JUS and SBB ARE true fighting games.

SABERinBLUE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubedo said:
JUS and SBB ARE true fighting games.

Yes but they're roaming fighters which is a distinctly different genre from what we're talking about. I just tossed them into that list because they were too good not to be mentioned in some way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo