DS #4761: Infinite Space (USA)

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Had to Google Yuri. Didn't know there was such genre.

Anyway my retail version comes next week when this is released in the EU. Did DL the manual to have a look at it.

Yusuky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
is this only me, or everyone is having problem with the menu?

It seems as if the touch screen doesn't respond to the tap (the other games run normally, though)

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yusuky said:

It seems as if the touch screen doesn't respond to the tap (the other games run normally, though)
Yeah, I do too, and its kinda strange : I noticed that you have to tap the touchscreen harder than in any other game on DS menu. My usual, gentle touchs just don't cut it with this game ^^'. Very strange, I didn't even know the DS touch screen could detect how strong you tap it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DiNo29 said:
Yusuky said:

Yeah, I do too, and its kinda strange : I noticed that you have to tap the touchscreen harder than in any other game on DS menu. My usual, gentle touchs just don't cut it with this game ^^'. Very strange, I didn't even know the DS touch screen could detect how strong you tap it.

Yeah, same here. I had this issue with Galactrix as well. I'm not sure if it's related to playing it on a flash card, or if it's simply inherent in the game itself. Not terrible by any means, but it's certainly finicky.

NetShira

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
...you can spend a good deal of time running around in circles. Game is still damned impressive -- damned impressive! It's kind of like Avalon Code in the respect that it offers a massive and inspired game, but it overlooks some fairly important essentials that are obviously going to turn a lot of people off. Not sure I'll see it through to the end, but I definitely plan on keeping it around for a while. I've completely abandoned SoulSilver for the moment to play this. I dig the story, characters, and oh my God, the level of customization is scary!

I totally agree with GeekyGuy myself.. put in quite a few hours as I picked up my copy only yesterday at 3... and been playing it ever since (late night). I can see it'll not be for everyone.. the camera-truck sequence in the game during battles is pretty but gets old after a while. (/snickers I also abandoned SoulSilver for this for now..great minds..) Anyway can't agree more with the above... I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between some customizations (yah I see the stats different but during battle it's not really making a big "difference"). Glad they ported this to English
smile.gif
Thanks Sega.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The retail cart has the very same touchscreen issues. It always seems like you have to press harder than normal and you tend to get that few millisecond delay or in general just a slight unresponsive feel to the touchscreen. It's not just a flashcart thing, that's just the way it is. I even attempted to re-calibrate my touchscreen thinking that had something to do with it. It helped only the slightest little bit......and that could just be my imagination.

Thought I mentioned that previously in this thread (or the hype thread) somewhere.
unsure.gif

Still, I'm liking this game despite all its flaws. I just love the sci-fi atmosphere in the game. But it is kinda disappointing when a game that relies solely on the touchscreen for control is as clunky in that control as this game is, but with this particular game, I'm not going to let that bother me.

I REALLY wish I could change the sound effect for when ships blow up. That sound they use.....ugh......I just don't like it.

Ishidori

Trophies
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
Hmmm...have to admit I'm not quite blown away by the game just yet. It seems to have potential once it gets going a little more, but right now it feels kinda empty. A small list of minor faults thus far:

- The sound effects sound pretty...grainy, for want of a better term.
- The plot should kick in soon but right now I'm yawning.
- The Phoenix Wright style 'click to go here' interface is simple enough, but I was rather banking on having somewhere other than space stations or taverns to explore. So far aside from that I've been to one house. That's pretty lame.
- I can't seem to find my HP guage during battle, I swear I can't see it anywhere, so when I get blown out of the sky it's quite a shock.

It looks like it'll get better as time goes on, but at present I'm not prepared to accept this as a triple A title. If it impresses me later with deeper gameplay then I may change my mind, but so far I'm sorry to say I'm a little disappointed. I will continue to play in the hope it improves, at least until I get truly bored and get back to Soul Silver.

Man i totally agree with you! -except for the part of the HP bar, check the lower part to the left
tongue.gif
-

After a few hours playing the game i decided to consinder it a grafic adventure, but you get more freedom in game like PW, Hotel Dusk, Time Hollow, etc. They focus too much in the combat -though it no enough funny for me-, DAMN!!! i want to explore. I don't know if i'll be able to get more deeper in the game, seriously i was expecting something more, may the plot be good but the dialogue are so superficial.

May right now i'm not in the mood for play it.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Wish there was some settings to change the volume of music/effects and voice volume. As it is the voices seem a bit low and can be drowned out by the music.

Seems pretty good from what I've seen so far.

//
And Makato03, yes it works on Acekard 2.

Yusuky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Rayder said:
The retail cart has the very same touchscreen issues. It always seems like you have to press harder than normal and you tend to get that few millisecond delay or in general just a slight unresponsive feel to the touchscreen. It's not just a flashcart thing, that's just the way it is. I even attempted to re-calibrate my touchscreen thinking that had something to do with it. It helped only the slightest little bit......and that could just be my imagination.

Thought I mentioned that previously in this thread (or the hype thread) somewhere.
unsure.gif

Still, I'm liking this game despite all its flaws. I just love the sci-fi atmosphere in the game. But it is kinda disappointing when a game that relies solely on the touchscreen for control is as clunky in that control as this game is, but with this particular game, I'm not going to let that bother me.

I REALLY wish I could change the sound effect for when ships blow up. That sound they use.....ugh......I just don't like it.

It's tottaly playable and enjoyable, but it makes me a little angry sometimes, even more during melee =|

gmdaisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
someone knows if works on a TTDS when i open showme a
[Rom Loading Failed]
Disk errcode=-81
Please reset System

someone knows if i need ysmenu?

VenomTSH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
gmdaisuke said:
someone knows if works on a TTDS when i open showme a
[Rom Loading Failed]
Disk errcode=-81
Please reset System

someone knows if i need ysmenu?

I had that on my M3Simply+YSmenu, so I got the game from a different place and it worked for me. Try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1