DS #4668: Kunio-Kun no Chou Nekketsu! Daiundoukai (Japan)

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Whoa, Kunio-kun! I played the shit out of the original Kunio-Kun no Daiundoukai for the NES when I was but a wee lad. As with all Kunio games it's best played in co-op.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ooh, fighting game! This kind of reminds me of the dodgeball game, except in 3D and fighting instead of dodgeball. Seems like a worthy game to try out!

EDIT: Hrm, I guess it's not a fighting game? Sports I hear?

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those less versed in the subtle art of Japanese Games....

RIVER CITY RANSOM
&
SUPER DODGEBALL.

Those are Kunio-kun games.
smile.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Ooh, fighting game! This kind of reminds me of the dodgeball game, except in 3D and fighting instead of dodgeball. Seems like a worthy game to try out!

EDIT: Hrm, I guess it's not a fighting game? Sports I hear?
If it's like the NES version (and I'm recalling correctly), it has a fighting segment eventually... and, more importantly, in the 'running' segments you can grab weapons and beat people up with them to slow them down.

The initial options aren't the whole game. It's sort of a mixed obstacle-course game, with a sequence of different challenges as you go through. Most of them involve fighting in some way.

At least, that's what the NES version was like, if this is the game I'm thinking of. It was pretty good -- after River City Ransom and the River City Ransom Samurai spin-off, it was my favorite.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's a nice game, played the NES original.

I preferred if they'd remade the Kunio-Kun Gidaijeki (the Samurai one with same gameplay as River City Random) for DS >_>

fatfrank

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
judging from the video this is more the sequel to Crash 'n The Boys Street challenge (even the same music) but doesn't look as good and fun as the old nes game. Will give it a try tho even if i suggest running the original on a nes emulator, fun times.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i love the whole kunio series
too bad they haven't been porting the beat em up series to DS
tongue.gif

for sports.. i love the baseball and dodge ball version
tongue.gif

anyway, i love the name of the dumper
mainichi hentai shimbun = daily pervert news

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not that bad, but a lot of button mashing. I wonder a simple translation for the menu's will help too. You like, pick a team first, and then pick an event? And you can also pick out the order of the events (I think the first two are racing and the last two are fighting). You can also make your own team (like in dodgeball). The mechanics are very similar to the dodgeball game: you can pick up items and chuck them at/hit people with them. You can also pick people up (when they fall) and throw/use as a weapon hahahaha.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
i like this game it's fun when you get pass the language barrier! although the mission mode is hard to guess when you cant read the mission.... multi-player might be better than the single-player. i haven't tried the multi-player but im betting its a lot of fun with friends!

eSPy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hah! wow...supirsed this game finally came out. never really expected it to when i saw the first screen shot. will have to try it...but somehow i doubt it will be good. kunio games seem to get worse as they go on...

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eSPy said:
hah! wow...supirsed this game finally came out. never really expected it to when i saw the first screen shot. will have to try it...but somehow i doubt it will be good. kunio games seem to get worse as they go on...

It's decent, the only thing I don't like is the 3D graphics, but otherwise it's a great remake.

eSPy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hmm..just tried it on my Edge with no luck. were there any issues with this one?

edit: nevermind...upgraded firmware to 1.7 and it works!

bultmus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DS1 said:
eSPy said:

It's decent, the only thing I don't like is the 3D graphics, but otherwise it's a great remake.
ya the 3rd isnt good like the older style of kunio kun!
i somehow prefer the older style.
just played the game and finished everthing with kunio team.. althought i prefere the old style but this game is still great ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E