DS #4628: Sands of Destruction (USA)

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I personally don't think so. A huge work has been done to translate it to English, so a UK release at least seems highly probable.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
irpacynot said:
I first tried it on an old beta I had on there (because the newer beta screwed up Might and Magic), but then I also tried on the newest beta. Same results. Gonna try another dump.
Using CycloDS firmware 1.56b4 with Battery Saver off and this game works fine.
The ROM I downloaded was a .zip file and 89.2 MB in size. Make sure you replace the .sfv file with the fixed one.

Hopefully there won't be any anti-piracy halfway through the game.

Hmm...which file are you referring to that needs to be replaced? It was a 89MB file that unzipped to about 262, but I think it was just the DS ROM file that was included. Does it perhaps create an incompatible save?

steirina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
solitaryCross said:
DeMoN said:
irpacynot said:
haflore said:
irpacynot said:
Just sticks on the loading screen when trying to load it on Cyclo. Maybe I got a bad dump.
What Firmware are you using?

I first tried it on an old beta I had on there (because the newer beta screwed up Might and Magic), but then I also tried on the newest beta. Same results. Gonna try another dump.
Using CycloDS firmware 1.56b4 with Battery Saver off and this game works fine.
The ROM I downloaded was a .zip file and 89.2 MB in size. Make sure you replace the .sfv file with the fixed one.

Hopefully there won't be any anti-piracy halfway through the game.

I'm using edge 1.6 and i did what you said..it only goes until the loading screen.
hate2.gif
hope others have better luck. damn it..i want a new firmware now!!! i still can't play spirits tracks too..

Wait, it doesn't work for you on the Edge with 1.6 firmware? That's strange, it's been working fine on mine. Could it possibly be a bad dump? >>;

JRPG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zelda spirit tracks works on Cyclods 1.56 Beta 3 and not Beta 4...but when I play sands of Destruction on Beta 3 the intro animtation freezes but the game is fine...does anyone else have any freezing problems?

I probably want to play this more than spirit tracks so will update to Beta 4 if the game runs fine on that.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably been said before, but it works on R4 firmware v1.18.

Anyway, I've been playing this game for a few hours yesterday. It's pretty damn good. Maybe because the DS has been having a shortage of titles lately (and the last big title, Spirit Tracks, I wasn't too fond of), but I'm liking it a lot. The battle system is better than your run of the mill RPG. The only thing I dislike is the random battles. Expect a full review soon.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got it and fixed the problems with my SD card in order to play the damn thing (my laptop was claiming my card was write protected, dunno what that was about) It's not bad. Battle system will take some getting used to, and I have two minor complaints about the main character, Kyrie. One, that's not how I've been pronouncing his name, I thought it'd be like Kairi from Kingdom Hearts. And this girl's been going on at great length about how he's supposed to destroy the world, and he's not even questioned it yet. He's just going along with the whole thing, from what I can tell so far with the intent of nailing Morte, that seems to be foremost on his mind. But really, how desperate for action have you gotta be to just accept the whole 'destroy the world' thing? Wierd. Hope he eventually twigs that destroying the world is generally a bad idea, especially if you happen to be on said world at the time...

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Downloaded of 256 MB size.

I experienced some slowdowns while in battle in my M3i with sakura, can anyona confirm this?
I think I need to test it in my EZ-Flash Vi and old style supercard

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gaeanprayer said:
Worked fine for me up until the Pig Rex boss when I got a bunch of eternal-loop errors and a game crash. I had the 250+mb xpa FIXED release.

Also, follow up attacks happen randomly. As you're attacking, occasionally you'll get more attacks added on and the button press will change into the next attack in the series. So far as I've been able to tell, there's no way to control it.

You have to spend points on certain skills to able to link into more attacks. For example, Kyrie's flurry type skill will into another flurry skill once you get it into level 2.

SilentEvoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the Sands_Of_Destruction_USA_RARFIX_NDS-XPA file, unrar-ed it, and it won't work. Using an R4 with YSauto v.0.0.2.

Rom loading failed. disk errcode=-81

Help would be nice. Thanks in advance
smile.gif

gaeanprayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr.Positive said:
gaeanprayer said:
Worked fine for me up until the Pig Rex boss when I got a bunch of eternal-loop errors and a game crash. I had the 250+mb xpa FIXED release.

Also, follow up attacks happen randomly. As you're attacking, occasionally you'll get more attacks added on and the button press will change into the next attack in the series. So far as I've been able to tell, there's no way to control it.

You have to spend points on certain skills to able to link into more attacks. For example, Kyrie's flurry type skill will into another flurry skill once you get it into level 2.

That's not what I was referring to. Sometimes characters will start a battle with 3 of those dots under their bar to let you know they can attack three times, sometimes they only get one, sometimes they get more during their attack, etc. That is what I meant cannot be controlled. It's an annoying system, and should at the very least be explained with ingame tutorial.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong.
unsure.gif

Tried three different dumps from three reputable sources, and they all just sit on the loading screen. For those who got it working on CycloDS, did you have to alter the ROM in any way?

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
irpacynot said:
unsure.gif

Tried three different dumps from three reputable sources, and they all just sit on the loading screen. For those who got it working on CycloDS, did you have to alter the ROM in any way?

i am playing this on the acekard 2i, just read your post and thought i'd try it on the cyclo to see itf it will load up, and yes it is working fine

v1.56b6

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
unsure.gif

it working fine for me on CycloDS 1.56b4

used
Sands_Of_Destruction_USA_RARFIX_NDS-XPA.rar is was a 256mb file

NOT trimmed
battery saver: Disabled

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :P