DS #4506: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (USA)

blacksoul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The save doesn't remove the copy protection, for that you need to use the crack...
The save is just there to prevent some crash at creation (like on M3/iTouch) and to permit normal saving feature (like on CycloDS)

AitchDeeTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get that save file to work. I've been using Quick Time Save up until where you get the sword, and I can't get it to save normally. The .save and .nds files are both have the same name, but I Quick Time load my game, save normally, and when I restart the game, it gives me a "Creating a new file" message and two blank save files. What am I doing wrong?

Using CycloDS 1.56b4.

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That save file + M3 Sakura worked for me. Unbelievable... I can't believe this ordeal is finally over (for me, anyway). I'm almost so bitter about it I don't know if I'll even be able to enjoy the game now!

Thanks everybody for working so diligently on this, I totally appreciate the effort.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
AitchDeeTee said:
I can't get that save file to work. I've been using Quick Time Save up until where you get the sword, and I can't get it to save normally. The .save and .nds files are both have the same name, but I Quick Time load my game, save normally, and when I restart the game, it gives me a "Creating a new file" message and two blank save files. What am I doing wrong?

Using CycloDS 1.56b4.
AitchDeeTee You got to delete your old save file.

Then you got to do is download the save file from benighted. http://www.mediafire.com/?yd2jtmymemz

Then you got to rename the save file that you downloaded into the rom you are using like xpa-lzst-cracked to xpa-lzst-cracked.sav then put that on your sd card with the patched rom ok. Works well on an edge card so it should work on your card cyclods evo.

jink84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wovva said:
Anyone know how to patch the game on a mac?

This may seem crazy (only because everyone else recommends bootcamp or virtual pc), but I use an app called Darwine, which lets you run some simple windows exe files.

It's how I was able to use RDCCE and patch my New Super Mario Bros. ISO

AitchDeeTee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taken said:
AitchDeeTee said:

Using CycloDS 1.56b4.
AitchDeeTee what you got to do is download the save file from benighted. http://www.mediafire.com/?yd2jtmymemz
then you got to rename the save file that you downloaded into the rom you are using like xpa-lzst-cracked to xpa-lzst-cracked.sav then put that on your sd card with the patched rom ok. wworks well on an edge card so it should work on your card cyclods evo.

Nevermind, figured it out. Damn, I feel stupid.

See, I had extracted the .sav file into my card's directory, but I had forgotten to rename it. Instead, I mistook the bogus .sav file MY flashcard created for it, and of course had the same name. Works great now.

haflore

aeternaliter fluxa
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Benighted said:
For those using EDGE or CycloDS you can use this save,

http://www.mediafire.com/?yd2jtmymemz

Just rename it to the name of your rom and voala!

It was made using Desmume.

Enjoy, and thanks to all for their hard work

Ps. This is for the save problem not for the AP for that use the patch.

By the way..what did you do to the .sav file to make it work?

Edit: first post on a new page, kool.

cb9983

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
So in essence there is no way to run this on an EZ Flash Vi short of downgrading the kernel, which will potentially cause problems for other ROMs that the newest version of the kernel was created to fix. Do I understand correctly?

Should I hold out for a better solution do you think, or is this simply the way it is?

Well actually i only got it working on my ds lite with the older ezfv for the ds/ ds lite model ds. I still have tried other firmwares for the dsi / ezflash vi yet . Im using 2.0 rc4 ver firmware for ezfvi . Just white screen errors after xeno -whatever logo (cant remeber).

I just grabbed another small micro sd card i had laying around put the older firmware 1.86 on there and the game works havent tried to save yet though and restart so im not sure about saving but everything else worked fine , mind you this was on my ds lite bc apparently 1.86 stable isnt compatible with ezfvi crappy.

wovva

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jink84 said:
wovva said:
Anyone know how to patch the game on a mac?

This may seem crazy (only because everyone else recommends bootcamp or virtual pc), but I use an app called Darwine, which lets you run some simple windows exe files.

It's how I was able to use RDCCE and patch my New Super Mario Bros. ISO
I think that was a decent suggestion. It didn't work unfortunately, so I had to dig out my ancient Dell laptop to sort it out.

Cheers for the reply nonetheless

LeonardoGolden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I'd get the save file fix for M3 but I hate that stupid XPA logo at the beginning of the game

I'll just wait for a firmware update so it works with the clean ROM.

dalboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cb9983 said:
regnad said:
So in essence there is no way to run this on an EZ Flash Vi short of downgrading the kernel, which will potentially cause problems for other ROMs that the newest version of the kernel was created to fix. Do I understand correctly?

Should I hold out for a better solution do you think, or is this simply the way it is?

Well actually i only got it working on my ds lite with the older ezfv for the ds/ ds lite model ds. I still have tried other firmwares for the dsi / ezflash vi yet . Im using 2.0 rc4 ver firmware for ezfvi . Just white screen errors after xeno -whatever logo (cant remeber).

I just grabbed another small micro sd card i had laying around put the older firmware 1.86 on there and the game works havent tried to save yet though and restart so im not sure about saving but everything else worked fine , mind you this was on my ds lite bc apparently 1.86 stable isnt compatible with ezfvi crappy.

1.9 beta 2 works with ezflash vi on dsi

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
LeonardoGolden said:
Oh man, I'd get the save file fix for M3 but I hate that stupid XPA logo at the beginning of the game

Just deal with the XPA logo, its annoying yes but thats why when i start it i smash my A button

masterchan777

Trophies
XP
Country
LeonardoGolden said:

Come on, XPA provided the ROM and the fix at the speed of light , they deserve to have their logo displayed on our screens , that's the least we can do for them ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol
    Employee code of conduct videos are awesome!!! Did you know eating the other employees is bad? I didn't know... Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Anymore males there? :blush:
    All of us lol
    I got free every channel so that's awesome lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Give me ALL the gay pron channels, since you won't be watching them :blush::D
    +1
    Lol they exist?
    +1
    Hmmm so Mario Does Luigi's plumbing is a bad movie? Lol
    These videos are soooo dry
    Please click all suspicious links sent your email
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What to do today? Cut grass for 3-4 hours, or just get drunk and play video games... Hmm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I need a remote controlled mower, so I can sit on the couch and do both.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sounds good to me, video games and booze it is then.
    +1
  • denpafan @ denpafan:
    Good choice
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now what to play, Starfield or Fallout4. And what to drink, beer or Whiskey and Coke. Such tough decisions.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like its whiskey & coke, only 4 beers left. And think ill start with Falllout. :grog:
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    THIS IMAGE IS SO SCARY WTF. THAT SURE AS HELL IS NOT A CAT THATS LIKE A FUCKING DEMON

Untitled2.png
    Bonus points for running things over with the lawn mower?
    +1
    Monster truck Lawn Mower extreme
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    she was an apple appstore girl
    he was an uptodown boy
    He was an android boy
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: He was an android boy