DS #4484: Fighting Fantasy: The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (USA)

yoyobrains

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started a mage but but I keep getting my rear end handed to me by red orcs and grey orcs that spawn in the same room together. Any tips on how to not die a horrible death in this game?

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the game uses sprites (the engine seems to run very nicely for a DS title though) seems to put it more in the "Daggerfall" era as far as feel, than in something more recent like Morrowind. (The initial chat/merchant menus (not the Elder Scrolls/Ultima character generation ethical questionaires)) made me think of another game from that era...I think...Anvil of Dawn?) Thankfully, the game should be a lot "tighter" than daggerfall; I still cringe at the number of useless NPC's flocking all over the towns, and even worse, the spaghetti 5 mile long randomized dungeons....

Overall, the graphic engine makes you feel like you're running a single player 3D unaccelerated RPG from 1995, like Daggerfall, without needing a high end computer for a new game from that era (or a million patches, which were required to fix Daggerfall's excessive bugginess)...

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
somebody needs to post a fuckin list of quests in order.... you can explore anywhere and kill anything at like level 25 but you have to do the quests in order....

Posts merged

yoyobrains said:
I started a mage but but I keep getting my rear end handed to me by red orcs and grey orcs that spawn in the same room together. Any tips on how to not die a horrible death in this game?
you can dodge stuff, start jumping left and right and run around backwards if need be. I am a thief so im really only good with the bow so running around is pretty useful.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
!!!
I just remembered that this game was based off the book! Oh God am I slow...
frown.gif

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Raika said:
Bladexdsl said:
Raika said:
!!!
I just remembered that this game was based off the book! Oh God am I slow...
frown.gif
yes i have it and every other FF book all 72 of them
tongue.gif
Yeah! All seventy two of-
Wait WHAAAAAAT?
wtf.gif
i got all the books (all 59) including the 3 new ones (yes their still making them) plus the latest stormslayer on it's way, the 4 sorcery books and all the other books (titan, out of the pit, riddling reaver etc) quite a nice collection if i do say myself wonder how much i could sell it for?
tongue.gif
and btw this game is nothing like the book
laugh.gif

Yves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
wow i always plays bowman/assassin types, and in the end of the intro thats the job i got, so far im lvl 5 this game becomming extremely hard, there is this one room, there is some kind of a blue witch spirit thingy shots me 2 times and im dead, lucky the game auto save every time you go tru a door! (great idea) i love the fighting mechanic and style
smile.gif

Hisiru

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Yves said:
wow i always plays bowman/assassin types, and in the end of the intro thats the job i got, so far im lvl 5 this game becomming extremely hard, there is this one room, there is some kind of a blue witch spirit thingy shots me 2 times and im dead, lucky the game auto save every time you go tru a door! (great idea) i love the fighting mechanic and style
smile.gif

The beggining is hard for Assassin or Mage. I have an assassin lvl 40+ and I don't have problems with any monsters now. =P

My bow has 245 attack I guess.

Yves

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hisiru said:
Yves said:
smile.gif

The beggining is hard for Assassin or Mage. I have an assassin lvl 40+ and I don't have problems with any monsters now. =P

My bow has 245 attack I guess.

holy crap!

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Loving this too, another on my list to buy. Used to love the book(s) and thankfully this is doing it justice. Graphics are superb, great speed, and IMO controls are really good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton