DS #4454: Maestro! Jump in Music (Europe)

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Without even playing it, I can confirm without hesitation that this is the best DS Rhythm Game released today.

Suck it, Princess Melody!

In all seriousness, checking it out now. First impressions will be posted when they are impressed upon.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh.. I was waiting for this
biggrin.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yuyuyup said:
It's even better than lego rock band ds ? Cause that was really damn good. Or are you being facetious because of the frequency of recent rhythm games ? Either way, I'm all worked up and sweaty
Lego Rock Band may be 'cooler' but this game is certainly a lot more fun.

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Got to say, as an experimental platforming game mixed with music, it is pretty fun.

The tutorials get you up to speed pretty quickly. I was amazed at how well I managed the first symphony level they threw up. There does seem to be a little bit of intuition if you know the song the level is based on.

The song choices so far have been mostly classical music, though the last level before the first boss was a surprise: Madness' Our House. And that level was quite fun, I might add.

It's not going to appeal to everyone. Some might see it as a crappy platformer or a halfassed rhythm game, but for those who want both you can't find a better game on the DS.

Graphically, the game is pretty. The sprites are colorful and cheerful, the backgrounds are pretty well detailed. If there were a fault, it'd be that the top screen isn't really doing much during the actual gameplay. But with the level of attention this game requires, I can see why they'd want to avoid distractions.

I'd definitely rank this in my mind above Lego Rockband or Rhythm Heaven but right below Music Mon-Stars and Elite Beat Agents in terms of fun rhythm games.

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been waiting for this since lastnight when I first heard about it. I love rhythm games, Rhythm Heaven and Elite Beat Agents being my favs, hopefully this is just as good as those if not better.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
yuyuyup said:
It's even better than lego rock band ds ? Cause that was really damn good. Or are you being facetious because of the frequency of recent rhythm games ? Either way, I'm all worked up and sweaty
Lego Rock Band may be 'cooler' but this game is certainly a lot more fun.
lego rock band was never "cool"
it was demmed fail pretty much since it was announced

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got to the final final boss and the last part of it where you have to strum 5-6 notes is just hard for me. its like out of sync or something. the game is alright but does get harder as you progress further.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
You must be aware that this is rhythm game disguised as a platform one.

That said.. it's pretty fun. I love when people mix rhythm games with other genres.. very original.

And that spider boss 3D model is amazing for a DS game
ohmy.gif

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
This game is really fun, I just started playing and I'm at the last level. xD (Before the final boss, and I guess there are more modes after finishing it)

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm liking this game a lot. First ds game in a while that I've been bothered to play for more than an hour tbh.

Just finished the story mode on easy, the game doesn't really "begin" until you unlock the normal and hard difficulties.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night