DS #4423: Astrology DS (USA)

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
2,546
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Florida
XP
598
Country
United States
Russell%20Grant's%20Astrology%20(DS)_pc845_1.jpg


Its rated T for sexual themes...
 

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
1,070
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Norway
XP
268
Country
Norway
I officially declare this the winner of the worst boxart, slogan and name of the year.

I'm wondering, what's their target group? Who would possibly buy this? It's not targeted at little kids, but I would laugh if any teenager got this from their parents
laugh.gif


Even if it's not shovelware, I can't think of anyone who would want a game like this
tongue.gif
 

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
1,004
Trophies
0
Age
26
Website
Visit site
XP
223
Country
United States
Jdbye said:
I officially declare this the winner of the worst boxart, slogan and name of the year.

I'm wondering, what's their target group? Who would possibly buy this? It's not targeted at little kids, but I would laugh if any teenager got this from their parents
laugh.gif


Even if it's not shovelware, I can't think of anyone who would want a game like this
tongue.gif

The USA cover is ok, but the other one is HORRIBLE! I mean I don't even know who that guy is so I really don't want him on my ds.
 

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2008
Messages
1,367
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
678
Country
United States
What I find most surprising is this game rated Teen when it's an educational game. Also what kind of sexual themes can you find in this game based on Astrology? ?_?
 

lincruste

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
367
Trophies
1
Location
france
XP
1,057
Country
Antarctica
Link5084 said:
What I find most surprising is this game rated Teen when it's an educational game. Also what kind of sexual themes can you find in this game based on Astrology? ?_?

Astrology is all about sexual frustration and mate finding, which might explain this "T" rating. (It's also all about confusion between real science and fortune-telling, but I don't think rating committees really care about that in their god driven quest for hidden nipples)
 

DarkMega NT Warr

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 4, 2007
Messages
43
Trophies
0
XP
113
Country
Canada
miketh2005 said:
so is this good or shovelware??? whats it even about?

From the NFO...Get your horoscope daily, right on your DS! Enter your birthday and year, as well as other pertinent information. Then, get information dealing with all aspects of your life, tailored just for you. Keep track of the phases of the moon and your natural biorhythm to help you through challenges and thrills. You'll also get information based on your birth constellation. You can even combine two people's horoscopes to check on their compatibility! For those seriously interested in the subject, the title also offers in-depth information on all aspects of Astrology. Take part in three courses, designed to make you a stargazing pro. There are even mini-games with an Astrology theme!
 

Brian117

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
3,272
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Cleveland, OH
XP
643
Country
United States
This got me thinking...they really need to release a DS game that is all about the universe and space using 3D planets and you can free roam the universe with 3D models. Now that would be awesome. Then they could tell you different specs about each planet, galaxies, stars, etc.
 

blainy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
380
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
australia
XP
251
Country
ok, so i know astrology and astronomy are 2 different things, but as they both use stars n stuff, is this game gunna make sense for the southern hemisphere? or is it using data related to teh north only?

Posts merged

ok, so i know astrology and astronomy are 2 different things, but as they both use stars n stuff, is this game gunna make sense for the southern hemisphere? or is it using data related to teh north only?
 

blainy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
380
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
australia
XP
251
Country
Brian117 said:
This got me thinking...they really need to release a DS game that is all about the universe and space using 3D planets and you can free roam the universe with 3D models. Now that would be awesome. Then they could tell you different specs about each planet, galaxies, stars, etc.


that would indeed be awesome, but i do have a few doubts about the DSs 3d capability for somethign on such a scale.....maybe the solar syatem could be done, but teh universe??? we still don't even know how many stars are out there..
 

Brian117

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
3,272
Trophies
0
Age
31
Location
Cleveland, OH
XP
643
Country
United States
blainy said:
Brian117 said:
This got me thinking...they really need to release a DS game that is all about the universe and space using 3D planets and you can free roam the universe with 3D models. Now that would be awesome. Then they could tell you different specs about each planet, galaxies, stars, etc.


that would indeed be awesome, but i do have a few doubts about the DSs 3d capability for somethign on such a scale.....maybe the solar syatem could be done, but teh universe??? we still don't even know how many stars are out there..

True...but if you have ever used cheat codes to get out of the map on Metroid Prime Hunters DS, you will see it will have full capabilities of a large area. You could fly so high out of the map that the whole level will be one pixel sized on the top screen.

We should suggest that game to someone.
 

blainy

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
380
Trophies
0
Age
38
Location
australia
XP
251
Country
Brian117 said:
blainy said:
Brian117 said:
This got me thinking...they really need to release a DS game that is all about the universe and space using 3D planets and you can free roam the universe with 3D models. Now that would be awesome. Then they could tell you different specs about each planet, galaxies, stars, etc.


that would indeed be awesome, but i do have a few doubts about the DSs 3d capability for somethign on such a scale.....maybe the solar syatem could be done, but teh universe??? we still don't even know how many stars are out there..

True...but if you have ever used cheat codes to get out of the map on Metroid Prime Hunters DS, you will see it will have full capabilities of a large area. You could fly so high out of the map that the whole level will be one pixel sized on the top screen.

We should suggest that game to someone.


maps in metroid are alot smaller than the universe would be tho...im not wanting to rain on your parade, im just being practical..who knows, maybe the extra power and ram of the DSi can pull it off sumday??
 

Magmorph

Well-Known Member
Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
806
Trophies
0
XP
198
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
This got me thinking...they really need to release a DS game that is all about the universe and space using 3D planets and you can free roam the universe with 3D models. Now that would be awesome. Then they could tell you different specs about each planet, galaxies, stars, etc.
Spore?
unsure.gif
 

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Minox you and me both