DS #4069: Rockin' Pretty (USA)

Agu Fungus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact: This is the american localization of Happy Star Band, which is the japanese localization of the european Making the Music. Or is it the other way around?

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finall it's out and i can enjoy the story!

you dont need any controller to play this. this is a music rhythm game like elite beat agents. use stylus to play the instruments

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bridgy84 said:
From what i read is yes it is for girls and no special stuff. Just the touch screen. I mean come on you get to play the keyboard!!!

That doesn't mean a male can't play it and like the story, for one I play a lot of games that are designed for girls.

bollocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Agu Fungus said:
Fun fact: This is the american localization of Happy Star Band, which is the japanese localization of the european Making the Music. Or is it the other way around?
nah i think that's right. this whole series was developed by Arc System Works for the european publisher 505 Games using artwork by some italian comic artist, then they localised them for the japanese market with more..well, japanese-style characters (but the japanese websites still have a 505 Games copyright, indicating the euro versions came first). but aksys evidently can't decide which versions to release in the US, they got the euro version of Princess on Ice and the Japanese version of this.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool man. i can use my save file from happy star band but then i wont know the story from the start.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How do you play the notes in bass that has diamond inside, in drum that has an arrow inside?

I don't like playing those two instruments because I miss all of those special notes.

Ah I just saw the tutorial, but I still can't get the game to register those moves correctly =(

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
So far I've only figured out the guitar parts and it's very very Pinky Street so far, moreso than Elite Beat Agents or Music Mon-Stars.

It's not a bad game. And certainly the fact that I'm a keyboard player and the anime girl keyboard player is the cute one makes it easier to play.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The game gets hard pretty quickly

I full-comboed stage 2 on hard with Guitar, and got like a dozen miss on stage 4 hard with guitar O.o

And similar goes to keyboard, especially the multi-hit notes overlap with each other, making it hard to tell if there's one right after or not.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deathfisaro said:
How do you play the notes in bass that has diamond inside, in drum that has an arrow inside?

I don't like playing those two instruments because I miss all of those special notes.

Ah I just saw the tutorial, but I still can't get the game to register those moves correctly =(
IIRC, you slide the diamond side to side when the corresponding color comes to the diamond. i think that was the diamond im thinking about

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, for Diamond you have to make a line between the diamonds. It can get pretty tricky, though, especially if it's followed by regular plucked notes.

Edit: To switch instruments, before you start a song you should get a menu that shows all four girls. Just click on the girl you want to play as. If you don't choose, it defaults to guitar.

deathfisaro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just beat the game on Keyboard, hard. Some notes are really punishing, as there are nearly "invisible" chasers and the game's touch screen recognition isn't that good.

I played Ouendan 2 a couple days ago no problem so I think it's the game, not my touch screen.

But it was fun for... an hour-ish.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Donato_Dobango said:
So far I've only figured out the guitar parts and it's very very Pinky Street so far, moreso than Elite Beat Agents or Music Mon-Stars.

It's not a bad game. And certainly the fact that I'm a keyboard player and the anime girl keyboard player is the cute one makes it easier to play.
Aren't they all cute?
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1