DS #3895: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Decepticons (Europe)

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first game had issue with the graphics ( flickering at the top of the screen ) Does this have the same issues ?

He's not a Decepticon... he's just a vary naughty Autobot......

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
iPikachu said:
i think this boxart is better, i'll get this one.

QUOTE(Domination @ Jun 23 2009, 02:11 PM) I want to be evil. So I'll be decepticon
evil.gif

F the Autobots and their stupid Optimus Prime. Megatron FTW.

I can bet that the majority will get this one because of the above ^^

well im definitely grabbing this one
biggrin.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
Just a heads up using AKAIO or the proper AK loader on ak 2.1 it freezes after scanning 3 vehicles early on in the game
frown.gif

not sure if its protection or a bad dump !?

I'm a few missions in, and so far, no problems on the CycloDS.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
kobykaan said:
Just a heads up using AKAIO or the proper AK loader on ak 2.1 it freezes after scanning 3 vehicles early on in the game
frown.gif

Autobots works fine no problems so far!

anyone else get this problem??

i have no problem on my ak2i + akaio !

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I liked the first the only thing I hated was the short story but it was the only free romaing ds game that I knew off at the time and it was great. I'm getting Decepticons since Autobots only seem to have cars no flying like the first one.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not usually a fan of Transformers but the game is quite good so far, though I would prefer to aim with the stylus like Metroid, the D pad isnt accurate enough, also it makes it harder to turn on the spot. Other than that its quite a good game.

Shenglong200x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Notable difference between the original and the new game is that there is PERFECT support on NO$GBA, rather than the original's black screen of nothingness.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
i have no problem on my ak2i + akaio !

hmmmm that with the latest loader Dated 01/06/2009 ??

edit wait you have a 2i not a 2.1

can someone test this with a 2.1 and see if you get any issues with freezes?!

Stitch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i kinda liked the first one because it was like a sandbox game. this doesn't seem to be a sandbox game... you can't even climb up buildings. well but they fixed the horrible flickering from the first game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, not much difference over the first set of games. It's mildly entertaining, and the collecting of the energy stuff to upgrade your dude is a pretty cool RPG feature. But the game's pretty cookie-cutter. Controls are meh, especially when in vehicle form, the flight missions are also meh, and it's ridiculous that enemies can attack you from any range, yet you can only lock on when you're fairly close up, which kind of defeats the purpose of a ranged attack. The cityscapes are also completely barren. At least the last game(s) had sparse activity on the streets. As a last poke of criticism, it's shameless how they make you do three missions, then essentially repeat each in the form of a "challenge" before you can then move the story forward.
rolleyes.gif

Mr.Mysterio

Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
kobykaan said:
frown.gif

Freezes for me at the same spot too.But I am using the DSTT V 1.17 firmware though.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mr.Mysterio said:
kobykaan said:
frown.gif

Freezes for me at the same spot too.But I am using the DSTT V 1.17 firmware though.

interesting .. good to know that another card has the same issue at the same place too!

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These games are OK, well tolerable anyway. They appear to work fine on a CycloDS. I played 3 missions on each version so far.

I can't help but consider them a sort of a rip-off though. They could have put both versions on one cart and just let you choose which side to play as at boot up instead of forcing people to buy the same game twice. Could make the same complaint about Pokemon, Megaman and other franchises that have pulled this little scam.

I remember making this complaint about the older Transformer games on NSider when it was still up. The post got deleted. I guess they didn't like that idea being put out there much.
rolleyes.gif

Of course, it's all moot anyway since I have plenty of room on my flashcart for both of them.
tongue.gif

These are the first games in quite a while that I might actually play on the DS, even if they aren't all that great. Because they aren't all that terrible either. I haven't decided whether I prefer this or the Autobots version yet.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
These games are OK, well tolerable anyway. They appear to work fine on a CycloDS. I played 3 missions on each version so far.

I can't help but consider them a sort of a rip-off though. They could have put both versions on one cart and just let you choose which side to play as at boot up instead of forcing people to buy the same game twice. Could make the same complaint about Pokemon, Megaman and other franchises that have pulled this little scam.

I remember making this complaint about the older Transformer games on NSider when it was still up. The post got deleted. I guess they didn't like that idea being put out there much.
rolleyes.gif

Of course, it's all moot anyway since I have plenty of room on my flashcart for both of them.
tongue.gif

These are the first games in quite a while that I might actually play on the DS, even if they aren't all that great. Because they aren't all that terrible either. I haven't decided whether I prefer this or the Autobots version yet.

Well I think the console version (Wii, PS3, etc) are one game with 2 storylines (Decepticons and Autobots). I guess they couldn't fit as much content as each game has and include both a Decepticon and Autobot version on one cart. Either that or it's more for the cash (like Pokemon, as they'll never make an "all-in-one" game).

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely for the cash. These are 64meg ROMs which trim to about 52megs. They could have fit both on one 128meg cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does. +1