DS #3865: Miami Law (USA)

penance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh holy hell, I just looked this up on Wikipedia and this game was apparently translated in North America by Gaijinworks! It's their first localization! Now I'm beyond excited.

For those that don't understand, Gaijinworks = Victor Ireland = Working Designs = Lunar and Arc The Lad = best translations ever

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the bad reviews but decided to ignore them as reviewers always get these games wrong on the DS, sadly this time they were right.

This is laughably bad, even those who enjoyed Jake Hunter: Detective Chronicles wont be able to stomach this game.

Destined for the bargin bin which is a shame because I wanted a good adventure game.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the mini review Hadrian. I guess I will pass.
unsure.gif

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The first choice in the game makes me shake my head. Without any clues, you have to choose an option. if you pick wrong, game over (you can redo it, but.... WTF?).

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strider said:
The first choice in the game makes me shake my head. Without any clues, you have to choose an option. if you pick wrong, game over (you can redo it, but.... WTF?).
Most of the "puzzles" in this game from what I've played so far are pretty much based on trial and error. Its design flaws like that that show that the game was cheaply done.

MeleeMaster500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well phoenix wright could stump me a lot sometimes, having to randomly guess with trail and error occasionally when my logic couldn't follow the plot. does this game at least try to present itself well?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Absynthe said:
...isn't there something wrong with the number of votes? I mean, wtf, 253 votes?

It's something that really needs to either be fixed or just removed because it renders the whole idea behind the rating system completely useless. It currently allows anyone to spam multiple votes as many times as they want. And there will ALWAYS be some jackass who will purposely sabotage its function. I don't even bother rating games with it anymore because of that.

As for this game.....just another poorly conceived pile of garbage sold at full price. And they wonder why everyone has jumped on the pirate bandwagon. Just think of all the poor suckers who actually bought this game based on what they saw in the trailer. Yeah, the trailer made it look good.....

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, I'm going to try the game because I'm just a sucker for these kind of story - Tokyo Beat Down was pretty good even the gameplay being kinda hard to control your character, it's just getting used to it. Besides, games with bad gameplay aspects tend to be very good storywise.

Here's a gameplay video to clean up any doubts people've been having with this game:

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
elixirdream said:
i can't even kill the swat team on the first mission
anyone?

You should ask the Cheat Code Crew for a cheat code...
smileipb2.png

Not liking this at all. I think this will be fastest game to be loaded then removed from my cart. This is why I love my flash cart, it has saved me so much money.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Living near Miami, I know why this is such a crappy game. Cuz its title is telling what its about. Miami Law. Which doesn't exist. Why do I know this? All my dealer friends get their supplies from Miami. And I have quite a few. And they deal a sizable amount of "item."
Of course I don't deal with them, because I don't live IN Miami. Suburban police are catching potheads daily. Hell, I help easily find-able potheads find better places to not get caught, and likewise I help dumb cops catch dumb potheads.
I AM MIAMI LAW.
Whether you say I suck or not is up to you.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Just Joe said:
elixirdream said:
i can't even kill the swat team on the first mission
anyone?

You should ask the Cheat Code Crew for a cheat code...
smileipb2.png

Not liking this at all. I think this will be fastest game to be loaded then removed from my cart. This is why I love my flash cart, it has saved me so much money.

you are funny
tongue.gif

of course i was middle of testing something hence i asked how to kill them
tongue.gif

yeah.. flash cart is good when it comes to trash game
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol