1. geminisama

geminisama Metsu

United States
    Wow, someone sure was easily swayed by a vague review that did nothing but call it crap without explaining why. [​IMG]

2. imsopretty08

imsopretty08 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    You tap on them to shoot them

3. Brian117

Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Well his review, plus the images over at Gamespot made me not want it. [​IMG]

4. Normalboyninja

Normalboyninja Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Gabon
    this game looks very cheesy
    [​IMG]

5. triassic911

triassic911 Burst Mode

United States
    CLEARLY shovelware.

6. HeatMan Advance

HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm the only guy that likes this?

I didn't even come here first. I just saw it on a site a tried it. I planned to just look at it then quit in five minutes, but I wound up devoting 3 hours to it. I played it and enjoyed the story, the different paths and perspectives along with all the little action mini games and even the bonus poker game. It has a lot more extra content than Phoenix Wright and judging by the first case, it has less dialog and aimless searching slowing things down. I still like them equally though.

Yeah, it does have points where you have to make choices to progress the story, but all that happens if you pick wrong choice is retrying the same scene which is just two lines of dialog usually before choice selection. There has only been two choices so far for this, so I don't see how anyone can complain about something that simple. There was one part where you have to interrogate four men and make the right choice, but it's pretty obvious which one is your mark. There was even one choice with no consequence that will give you a different path each time.

I understand that every game can't please everybody, but I hope people are at least trying it for themselves before forming an opinion and not just following people who were already swayed themselves.

7. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Senegal
    by the way, how do i cleared that stupid beach scene, all i did was aim mai gun at some criminals [​IMG] and it did nothing for me

and also,arghh, so many gameover...

8. HeatMan Advance

HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Just pick the shadiest looking guy and rough him up then talk to him. Then rough him up once more and he'll squeal.

9. penance

penance Advanced Member
    Newcomer

CLEARLY someone who hadn't played the game.

Don't worry Heatman, I like this game too. The Time Crisis like segments are a lot of fun and the story is extremely engaging so far thanks to the superb localization efforts by Victor Ireland and his gang. I like that the game seems to have multiple endings for each case and because each Game Over only takes you back to the last plot tree, you get to witness them all with no real penalty, which is nice. Plus the fact that choosing a different character for each segment means you witness a different event, it means I'll have to replay the case over again to see all the stuff I missed, which is replay value I can get behind. How anyone could call this game shovelware is beyond me, it's a game with a lot of personality.

10. Domination

Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Senegal
    Its not bad..... People should try it.

11. ibis_87

ibis_87 GBAtemp Fan

Serbia, Republic of
    Then I'm trying [​IMG] Will post impressions soon

12. shakirmoledina

Tanzania
    i wouldn't suggest throwing this title away yet... unless it is unanimously rejected then don't play it but it seems it could still be good to try

13. kesadisan

kesadisan GBAtemp Regular

Indonesia
    Guess only me can keep this game on my DS [​IMG]
    Really I wanted some like this game for long time
    Need moar look like this game

14. Orc

Orc ‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)

Hong Kong
    I am actually enjoying this game. Plays like a '"choose your own" and I love getting the "BAD END"s game overs. I'll probably replay this to find more of them and also to see the perspective of the other character.

At first the game seems really cheesy because of the poor "Time Crisis" shooting scenes and the car chase BS. But all in all it's a fun campy story.

Definitely not shovelware and worth a look imo.

15. janouis

janouis GBAtemp Fan

i like this one... I'll keep it into my 16gb micro.. [​IMG]

16. DrOctapu

DrOctapu Magnificent Bastard

United States
    Nintendo Power's reviews are extremely biased. Miami Law's creators probably didn't pay them enough. Anyone else noticed that it bashes the ps3 and 360 pretty often, too?

17. Hachibei

Hachibei GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Just beat the game using Law exclusively. It was pretty fun, except disappointingly short and anti-climatic.

And just to let everyone know, those "choose the right choice or die" segments only pop-up a few times during the first two or three chapters. After that, the choices become a lot easier and make much more sense.

18. dawn.wan

dawn.wan GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    will try due to lack of better things to do...?

19. Raven Darkheart

Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    its not as bad as a lot of people have said it was. i do kind of like the time crisis like shootouts and they are pretty fun once you get used to the system. the minigames are also quite enjoyable as well

like orc said, this isn't shovelware at all

(pro tip - Those of you hving trouble killing SWAT in the 1st shootout, law iss shooting blanks, just keep shooting at them till the screen changes)

20. Exbaddude

Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    So AWESOME! But Very Very Short.

I finished the game in 3 and a half hours. =(

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - #3865, Miami, (USA)