DS #3851: Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled (USA)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That IS reported to work with no$gba, but elixirdream uses a special debugger build that may not be compatible with those utilities it requires. The debugger is what he uses to make codes.

esker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Definitely adding my own request to the list, for a lower encounter rate cheat. Preferably with matching exp/gold increase cheats to keep the game at roughly the same difficulty curve.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
yeah... with debugger i can lower the rate
anyway someone had make a code for no random battle
smile.gif

kikkeli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
Something like a 50% less battles and 50% more exp and gold would make this game a gazillion times better. At it's current state it is pretty crappy..

OmegaFyre

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I know people have been complaining about crashes, but have they been consistent? I'm up to Genufa, and the game refuses to progress. When I enter the conference room, it seems like a cutscene is going to begin, and takes away control, but no text boxes or anything appear. The music keeps playing, and so does the torch animation, so it's not a hard crash, but there's no response to any input. This has happened over five times, and I've tried getting another copy of the ROM, with no change. Any advice on anything I can try to pass this? I'm using an R4 with YSmenu, if that helps.

Addendum: Damn, I just tried using No$GBA, and the same thing happens. I guess something really happened to my savefile. I suppose the only alternative left is to start a new game, which is a shame as I had finally gotten to a point where I was enjoying it. I'm not sure whether replaying the first 10 hours would be worth it though...

skriblzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kikkeli said:
Something like a 50% less battles and 50% more exp and gold would make this game a gazillion times better. At it's current state it is pretty crappy..

I 100% agree with you. It's just frustrating. It takes about 15 minutes to get from level 10 to 11. Enemies spike up too high in difficulty, and when you are trying to figure something out, literally every step there being a battle really pisses me off. There does need to be an EXP and GP Multiplier, along with a LOWERED encountered rate. Hell, you'd think they'd have implemented an item to lower the rate, in the game.

EDIT: Okay, as anybody else getting this problem? When a battle starts, Kairu randamly is poisoned or blind. Am I the only one getting this?

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a piracy bypass cheat to stop it from freezing. That's the reason why people that pirated the game are having freezing and gaming issues: Graffiti made it so pirated versions of the game would freeze. Unless someone has already confirmed this already...which I don't think anyone has. If someone has, disregard this post.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=85840

skriblzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
You need a piracy bypass cheat to stop it from freezing. That's the reason why people that pirated the game are having freezing and gaming issues: Graffiti made it so pirated versions of the game would freeze. Unless someone has already confirmed this already...which I don't think anyone has. If someone has, disregard this post.

http://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=85840

Ah, then a fix for that can emerge.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
It sure is interesting.. if they make a piracy check in such manner
allow you to play the game and give you a random freeze~!

just hope a few with the original game would come out and clarify it
tongue.gif

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does someone need to come foward?
They themselves have already said it's there, and apparently it is.
Pirates have hope, while if this anti-piracy measure is activating on legit carts too, they're fucked cause they CAN'T patch/fix this. I'm just hoping it's rom related only, for the sake of both sides of the players.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
OmegaFyre,
can you upload the .sav for me?

geminisama said:
Why does someone need to come foward?
They themselves have already said it's there, and apparently it is.
Pirates have hope, while if this anti-piracy measure is activating on legit carts too, they're fucked cause they CAN'T patch/fix this. I'm just hoping it's rom related only, for the sake of both sides of the players.

Isn't it interesting if someone with the actual game claims they encounter the random freeze
tongue.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for Graffiti being assholes about this. The freezes were first reported an entire day or more before anyone yar har'd the game or a dump was made. This is just them trying to blame pirates on their own programming incompetence.

Doesn't even freeze on my card, despite being on a rather old Ysmenu firmware.

serving

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this reminds me of sigma star saga for gba where that game had lots of bugs and certain parts freezing

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trulen said:
So I've been playing for an hour.

And I want to punch each and every person in the game, save a few, in the throat.

hate2.gif

STOP HATING MEEEEEEEEEEE.
Yeah, that's a bit overdone. I thought they could have had at least a few more characters standing up for you. Hell, you're the duke's adoptive son, isn't it a bit, well, dangerous to criticize you so openly?

I agree with what granville said, though -- the important thing is that at least the main character isn't emo about it. (This becomes even more obvious later on.) And you do get away from the anvilicious everyone-hates-you eventually.

Regarding the fights, they get more interesting once you have more people on your party, which means you can afford to use more techniques. The encounter rate is still way too high and the xp/gp rate is still way too low, though. Seriously, fighting the same fight 100 times is not fun.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
i was talking to Granville this afternoon about the encounter!
the encounter rate for this game is not as high as some games~!
every few steps encounter? i think is still ok

i once played a game every step will have an encounters
the best chain was 6 six straight steps = 6 straight encounters~!

enemies? i need to fight 5-10 enemies per battle~!
best part each weapon has it durability count with a damn freaking small item bag..

i consider this game is EASY

skriblzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elixirdream said:
i was talking to Granville this afternoon about the encounter!
the encounter rate for this game is not as high as some games~!
every few steps encounter? i think is still ok

i once played a game every step will have an encounters
the best chain was 6 six straight steps = 6 straight encounters~!

enemies? i need to fight 5-10 enemies per battle~!
best part each weapon has it durability count with a damn freaking small item bag..

i consider this game is EASY

It can be every step. Sometimes you get lucky and get 5 steps in, but a lot of the time, ESPECIALLY when you are trying to find something, you get one step every battle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk